IGNORED

Liam Pre PNE

Malago

5 hours ago, chalkeyred said:

How about we manage players individually, and do what is best for their progress, and therefore the club.

Surely that is just good management?

Exactly, Knight-Lebel being a good example. Nearly good enough but not quite there yet and needs games against BLOKES not KIDS to get to where we need him. A total of two hours football tops coming off the bench between now and May is probably not the BEST thing for him. Your approach with youngsters doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Edited by Numero Uno

9 hours ago, chalkeyred said:

How about we manage players individually, and do what is best for their progress, and therefore the club.

Surely that is just good management?

Exactly. Everyone’s different and responds in different ways. If we look after players and do what’s best for them, we’re always going to get the best out of them. 

I know all players know they can be sent out on loan, but some will need a period of adjustment and constancy after the huge changes that have taken place at the club recently. It won’t be right for everyone. 

Nothing wrong with that interview at all  

Edited by JP Hampton

20 hours ago, Street red said:

And look what Nige did with vyner and pring he stuck by them and never shunted them out the door,Ok not all young players make it but sometimes they progress quicker staying where they are around better players,I'm not sure I like what I'm reading but as they say time will tell.

Having said I wasn't going to listen to his interviews very much after the initial few I gave this one a try after the comments and agree that it was the best I have heard him speak by a mile. Only got "behaviours" in once too!!

I get the impression he is looking for a reaction from Yeboah not to shunt him out of the door. It won't just have been Manning coming to the conclusion that Yeboah needs to go down for a bit to work on a few things then come back up - the other coaches would have had input too. Whereas I get the impression that Knight-Lebel is a different one in that he thinks he's not quite ready to be thrown in and needs competitive men's football to be ready.

He mentioned about that lightbulb moment for young players and never knowing when it will happen. It's just as important knowing when to take youngsters out of the firing line as when to put them in. 1 in 1000 at best have Alex Scott's mentality and from what I know Pearson used to be on Scott's back all the time because he knew how good he was and that he had the mentality to take it, listen and learn. You can't treat all young 'uns like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Floodlight over IKEA ? said:

Yeboah changed his agent recently to an unflavoured one amongst the hierarchy.

It comes as no surprise that he has been removed from the first team squad ever since.

What's it got to do with the hierarchy if yeboah changes his agent if he wants new representatives then that's his decision,It shouldn't matter to withdraw him from the squad is just pathetic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Street red said:

What's it got to do with the hierarchy if yeboah changes his agent if he wants new representatives then that's his decision,It shouldn't matter to withdraw him from the squad is just pathetic. 

Unless perhaps the new agent us an arsehole trying to force things through ?

• Like 1

On 14/01/2024 at 08:46, Street red said:

Completely agree, but that's the politics down there.

Certain agents are favoured, mates with a certain someone down there who basically pulls all the strings.

On 14/01/2024 at 07:05, Floodlight over IKEA ? said:

Yeboah changed his agent recently to an unflavoured one amongst the hierarchy.

It comes as no surprise that he has been removed from the first team squad ever since.

I'm guessing they are plain speaking.......