IGNORED

PNE fans ahead of Saturday

22A

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Really? Bloody hell.

Because they were doing so much better under the last bloke, presumably, and are currently under performing reeeeeally badly.

Football fans. Bloody hell.

Not that forum polls are ever to really be given much heed, but yes it looks as though the feeling up there is pretty anti-Lowe.

Screenshot_20240111-203025.png

Just now, Rebounder said:

I know a couple of Preston fans through work and apparently the football is awful hence the dislike of Lowe. 

They’re also spoiled by being at this level for so long with no danger of relegation.

One of the smallest clubs at this level but their fans think they’re probable top six contenders.

• Like 2

Birmingham fans expected a City win too. Don’t take your chances, don’t get the points. I’m optimistic we’ll put on a better showing than Brum and get the win - but fully aware it’ll have to be well earned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

A tricky tie against a dirty team that have had some right refereeing howlers go their way over the years, a draw would be a decent result. They looked good against us earlier in the season and probably should have won.

Yes mate dirty Bastards like to leave a foot in.

Attendance will be over 20k as it usually is and this is a game that you would hope and expect City to win.  But we win games we expect to lose and lose games we expect to win quite frequently.

My concern is that some of the players might have an eye on the West Ham replay and might want to make sure that they don't over exert themselves against Preston and try to avoid any injuries.

Lets hope that Tommy has got his shooting boots on again and that some of the others have been having some shooting practice - does nobody ever tell them not to lean back when having a shot at goal? - I thought that was one of the basics for all footballers at any level.

2-0 to City - there, that's kiboshed it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Birmingham fans expected a City win too. Don’t take your chances, don’t get the points. I’m optimistic we’ll put on a better showing than Brum and get the win - but fully aware it’ll have to be well earned.

Hard to say with Birmingham fans really, some proclaimed if they lost to us it should be the final straw for Rooney, another on their forum said they agreed we are pretty average and wouldn't take any of our players...then again the poster said we'd probably say similar.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Attendance will be over 20k as it usually is and this is a game that you would hope and expect City to win.

I'm sure you are aware this is at Deepdale this weekend. Their last home crowd was almost 20k but that included 5k Sheffield Wednesday fans!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Attendance will be over 20k as it usually is and this is a game that you would hope and expect City to win.  But we win games we expect to lose and lose games we expect to win quite frequently.

My concern is that some of the players might have an eye on the West Ham replay and might want to make sure that they don't over exert themselves against Preston and try to avoid any injuries.

Lets hope that Tommy has got his shooting boots on again and that some of the others have been having some shooting practice - does nobody ever tell them not to lean back when having a shot at goal? - I thought that was one of the basics for all footballers at any level.

2-0 to City - there, that's kiboshed it.

Preston average about 17k, not sure where you get the over 20k regular crowds from. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

They’re also spoiled by being at this level for so long with no danger of relegation.

One of the smallest clubs at this level but their fans think they’re probable top six contenders.

Smallest clubs at this level?

You are surely having a laugh or just miss guided!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Smallest clubs at this level?

You are surely having a laugh or just miss guided!

In the bottom 7 for home attendances, do you seriously think they are a big club at our level?

Same sort of size as Blackburn.

It’s “misguided” by the way.

• Hmmm 1

11 hours ago, Rebounder said:

I know a couple of Preston fans through work and apparently the football is awful hence the dislike of Lowe. 

Doesn’t help he recently said in a press conference along the lines of ‘what have fans ever done working in football?’ When it came to questions about results/performances 

52 minutes ago, supercidered said:

In any case, I'm so glad it never materialised.

Out of interest, why?

They're on a poor run at the moment but it's not exactly 9 defeats in a row is it? That's proper sh1te, right there.

He's kept them mid table, playing better football than the cynical bore who managed them before. 

Also, they have no money, a small ground and I'll wager their record signing isn't 8 million pounds and 25 grand a week wages who ends up leaving for nothing. They are a well run club who consistently, year after year, finish above us. So lots to like there. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

In the bottom 7 for home attendances, do you seriously think they are a big club at our level?

Same sort of size as Blackburn.

Agreed, Preston are surely one of the smaller teams in the league. Almost every measure suggests that's the case.

Appreciate some won't agree, but I think trophies/historical success is slightly overplayed in these evaluations. No offence PNE, but winning ye-olde trophy in 1890 isn't really relevant anymore.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Agreed, Preston are surely one of the smaller teams in the league. Almost every measure suggests that's the case.

Appreciate some won't agree, but I think trophies/historical success is slightly overplayed in these evaluations. No offence PNE, but winning ye-olde trophy in 1890 isn't really relevant anymore.

Oh yeah forgot football didn't exist until the prem league was formed

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Out of interest, why?

They're on a poor run at the moment but it's not exactly 9 defeats in a row is it? That's proper sh1te, right there.

He's kept them mid table, playing better football than the cynical bore who managed them before. 

Also, they have no money, a small ground and I'll wager their record signing isn't 8 million pounds and 25 grand a week wages who ends up leaving for nothing. They are a well run club who consistently, year after year, finish above us. So lots to like there. 

I'm not comparing our Club's choices of Manager / Coach with PNE past or present. I also don't care about who managed them before. Or comparing how well they are run compared to our basket case of our Board. Or their better finishes than us. None of the correct but irrelevant points raised above is to do with Ryan Lowe.

My point was and is that Ryan Lowe was banded about on here as the next coming. I pointed out at the time that as I live in Devon and saw at first hand his work and I know many Plymouth fans saw through him despite the success they had with him. In a nutshell he basically, gets found out rather quickly. 

In my view, there were too many on here that didn't scratch below the surface and thought, he's doing well down there let's get him here. So that is why I'm glad it never materialised.

• Like 1