IGNORED

TGH signs permanent deal

Malago

To me it seemed a good deal to start with, if we have knocked something off of the deal by bringing forward AW departure that is brilliant business. 
Weimann has been a great servant, but he's played a bit part role and would leave in the summer while TGH is at a good age to progress. Good work IMO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

To me it seemed a good deal to start with, if we have knocked something off of the deal by bringing forward AW departure that is brilliant business. 
Weimann has been a great servant, but he's played a bit part role and would leave in the summer while TGH is at a good age to progress. Good work IMO.

The ITKer from West Brom suggests we shaved a bit off, but he also said Weimann was perm.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The ITKer from West Brom suggests we shaved a bit off, but he also said Weimann was perm.

My thoughts are that I'm delighted we've signed him. 

But I'm wondering why we choose to do it now? I get that there may have been a cost saving element to it but he could get himself injured and be out for the next 12 months in the next game. 

Keeping him on loan would have potentially given us that bit of safety net. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But I'm wondering why we choose to do it now? I get that there may have been a cost saving element to it but he could get himself injured and be out for the next 12 months in the next game. 

Yep, that’s a risk.  Shit happens.  But an opportunity to save money on Weimann too.

Swings and roundabouts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because WBA wanted Weimann. So believe we managed to shave £300k off during negotiations. 

40 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's clearly wrapped up with the Weimann deal isn't it?   We were happy to get the price for TGH nudged down a little whilst AW's wages were off the books.  They get someone experienced, reliable and clearly a good egg and get a fee now.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

I’m always a bit meh about loans becoming permanent deals.

fingers burnt so many times. The player you think you’re buying turns out to be a duffer.

lets hope he grows into a magician.

I can only really think of Tony Dinning and Lee Tomlin as bad loan-into-permanent deals - are there more?

That said, can anyone think of any successful loan-into-permanent deals we’ve had?! There’s probably some obvious ones…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

I’m always a bit meh about loans becoming permanent deals.

fingers burnt so many times. The player you think you’re buying turns out to be a duffer.

lets hope he grows into a magician.

TGH is still learning the game. For him the move is about building a solid career for himself by playing regular first team football. I wouldn't allow the likes of Dinning and Tomlin who both had a very different agenda to cloud your judgement!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Weimann only on loan it seems

I tend to believe what @Davefevs said 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

The ITKer from West Brom suggests we shaved a bit off, but he also said Weimann was perm

After all, he's OOC in the summer so the loan would see that deal end and they can give him another year or whatever. I guess it amounts to the same thing .

13 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I can only really think of Tony Dinning and Lee Tomlin as bad loan-into-permanent deals - are there more?

That said, can anyone think of any successful loan-into-permanent deals we’ve had?! There’s probably some obvious ones…

Palmer? Does Dasilva count!