IGNORED

Seb Palmer-Houlden

REDOXO

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

He was the only player mentioned in the post game summary last night on five live so assume he had a good game. Completely dedicated individual 

His name constantly came up in the Newport twitter feed too.

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

5 goals in 20 in L2? Is that impressive? 

Yes, for a 19 year old playing in his first batch of senior games, for a mid-low table Lg2 side, and predominantly playing as a Right Forward, not down the middle.  In fact, fair to say when SPH plays they get better results.  They were on a terrible run until he came back from his hamstring injury, having started the season brightly.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Semenyo  managed 6 in 32 while on loan there.

Wonder what became of him?

:whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, !james said:

Bit of deja vu from when Semenyo was there on loan, they played live on BBC against Leicester I think and he was amazing, that's when we recalled him and the Chelsea bid followed...

Great opportunity for SPH

Wasn’t Vyner also in that team?

I've got a Newport fan mate who keeps texting me about how good he is. Says he's too good for L2 and should really be on loan in L1.

Considering who Newport have had on loan over the years - Semenyo, Twine - I'm taking this as really encouraging. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

(shivers) Tyreeq Bakinson

In a not at all characteristic move he started superbly at Newport and the fans loved him then became a waster.

As he has at every club he’s been at anecdotally 

28 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Who was it then?  There was definitely another City loanee in that side and a defender too. 

I didn’t want to type his name for fear of becoming lazy!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Harry R said:

I've got a Newport fan mate who keeps texting me about how good he is. Says he's too good for L2 and should really be on loan in L1.

Considering who Newport have had on loan over the years - Semenyo, Twine - I'm taking this as really encouraging. 

@Davefevs will tell you that I have been championing him for a year or so now, he has the ability to lead the line that is quite unusual in players of that age, he's big enough (6-2) but very mobile with it and has a good football brain. 

I thought they might keep him around the squad this season, I would have rather have had him coming off the bench than Yeboah. 

I was surprised that he went back to Newport after his injury. He had come off the bench and pulled up after only a couple of minutes and their Manager inferred this was due to poor preparation. Maybe that was aimed at their physio team rather than SP-H, because they got him back quick enough.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

For someone without a minute of league experience in August it has gone remarkably well.

5 goals, numerous assists & over 20 games at that standard.

Brilliant start to his career.

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Bearing in mind he’s had a couple of months out with a hamstring injury too. 
He’s only just back up to full speed the last couple of weeks. 
Seen a couple of their games this season.  SPH is a bit of a menace for them. His energy levels and pressing are very good, his hold up and link play has been good. He gets himself about the pitch and worries/confuses the defence. He’s been very good from what I’ve seen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Bearing in mind he’s had a couple of months out with a hamstring injury too. 
He’s only just back up to full speed the last couple of weeks. 
Seen a couple of their games this season.  SPH is a bit of a menace for them. His energy levels and pressing are very good, his hold up and link play has been good. He gets himself about the pitch and worries/confuses the defence. He’s been very good from what I’ve seen. 

Based on his performances this season how would you rate him in your scouting percentages?

His output for a 19 year old not playing every minute seem pretty impressive, but stats can be misleading!

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Based on his performances this season how would you rate him in your scouting percentages?

His output for a 19 year old not playing every minute seem pretty impressive, but stats can be misleading!

Only seen a couple of games so far so too early to give a full judgement. 
But I guess, if he wasn’t already ours, he’s not one who I’d scream “sign him now”, but definitely one I’d get a scout over to watch his next 10 games and make a full judgement by the end of the season for a potential transfer. 
So currently 70-75 range with a view to watching at least 8-10 more games to see if that increases to an 80-85, at which point I’d say “yep, keen”. 

• Like 3