IGNORED

Seb Palmer-Houlden

REDOXO

I've said before that I think he could make it here. Remember him in some pre season videos a couple of years ago, maybe Austria or the USA? Scoring all types in training . Seems to have a bit of everything to him and he's a good presence which we're obviously missing. 

@Davefevs you may know this but has Conway and him played much together in the youth teams? 

52 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

I've said before that I think he could make it here. Remember him in some pre season videos a couple of years ago, maybe Austria or the USA? Scoring all types in training . Seems to have a bit of everything to him and he's a good presence which we're obviously missing. 

@Davefevs you may know this but has Conway and him played much together in the youth teams? 

No not really.  Seb got his chance really because of the moving of Conway and Bell into the first team set up.

The other day I said iirc the first time I saw him play for u21s was with Yeboah, in a very young line-up!

image.thumb.jpeg.48325875bcd00878d3b49553e35e3004.jpeg

My memory wasn’t bad!

He has started a few u21s with Bell, but I can’t see any with Conway.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No not really.  Seb got his chance really because of the moving of Conway and Bell into the first team set up.

The other day I said iirc the first time I saw him play for u21s was with Yeboah, in a very young line-up!

image.thumb.jpeg.48325875bcd00878d3b49553e35e3004.jpeg

My memory wasn’t bad!

He has started a few u21s with Bell, but I can’t see any with Conway.

Ah OK. Just wondering if he'd be a good player for Conway to play off of/with. 

1 minute ago, Fpcity said:

Ah OK. Just wondering if he'd be a good player for Conway to play off of/with. 

I like him, but always hard to judge levels.  He having the kind of loan that you want for a 19/20 year old taking his first taste of EFL football.  His loans at Chippenham and Yeovil didn’t work out, so he must be full of confidence and ready to push his name forward pre-season.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I like him, but always hard to judge levels.  He having the kind of loan that you want for a 19/20 year old taking his first taste of EFL football.  His loans at Chippenham and Yeovil didn’t work out, so he must be full of confidence and ready to push his name forward pre-season.

He’s also played most of his games as part of a 2 up front. I wonder if he’ll get a 6 month League 1 loan next year in a 1 up front team if we’re going to progress with the 4231 433 formations.

Seb worked really hard for Newport in the recent Man U cup tie without much visible reward.

However, the one thing that stood out was his speed in closing down, getting into position to receive passes from their midfield. And decent first touch when he did get the ball. And never seemed to show negative attitude.

I'm hopeful that he will continue developing with City benefitting.

Edited by cidered abroad

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

Can he be good for us next year? Or more of a sub? 

I'd like to think that with a full pre season under Manning we could expect to see him get some minutes from the bench. If he does well then who knows, he's 20 in May so only a couple of years younger than Conway.

• Like 3

I have never seen him play live, only on video. But a new contract will mean he has built on the promise he has shown and performed well at Newport. He is different to the other young forwards too. I look forward to watching his progress, well done that lad.