IGNORED

Seb Palmer-Houlden

REDOXO

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Only seen a couple of games so far so too early to give a full judgement. 
But I guess, if he wasn’t already ours, he’s not one who I’d scream “sign him now”, but definitely one I’d get a scout over to watch his next 10 games and make a full judgement by the end of the season for a potential transfer. 
So currently 70-75 range with a view to watching at least 8-10 more games to see if that increases to an 80-85, at which point I’d say “yep, keen”. 

As you say, you’d be watching with interest wouldn’t you?

Clubs doing it that would 100% be looking at his physical stats (not height / weight as per Ian Gay! 😉) but his running data, presses, counter presses, loose balls won, beyond the normal “stats stuff”.  Those attributes alone give him a big chance of doing well in the game.  I know that his press / counter press stats in the PDL2 last season were right at the top, so if I know that, other clubs will…and some.

We, as City fans, are a bit biased, but I’d imagine other clubs are looking at the boy at Newport with the latest posh name (having lost Priestly Farquarson in the summer 🤣) who seems to be in the thick of a lot of good things happening in Newport.  Add to that Bristol City’s Academy success, there’s would be good reason for scouts to take in a Newport game.

One other point, it was Nige who suggested playing him as a wide forward last season for the u21s (he subsequently scored a hatrick), and I wonder if that gave him more scope to get minutes at Newport where had Bogle stayed fit, might’ve meant less opportunity.  Bogle injured again, but Evans | Bogle | SPH is a decent front three in Lg2.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’d imagine other clubs are looking at the boy at Newport with the latest posh name (having lost Priestly Farquarson in the summer 🤣) who seems to be in the thick of a lot of good things happening in Newport.  

Is Sebastian Palmer-Houlden our poshest player since Forbes Phillipson-Masters? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

And Neil ****ing-Kilkenny…

Did you have to mention him?!

The only footballer ever to have had the on-field position of “pointer”. Because that’s all he ever did!

As you can tell I wasn’t a fan…

As for Seb, seems another good prospect from the Academy and will hopefully have benefitted from playing proper league football rather than more u21s.

Must have been pre season when I saw him a couple times. His play demands noticing for me which is a good sign. He is involved in the game. He battles and he looked bot technically lost like some of the other young ones that get around the first team for a bit. I think his loan has been encouraging once you consider the injury. 

I’d toy with the idea of moving him up a league this month but that isn’t always beneficial. Think another 15 games of league football under his belt even if at L2 and he has a great chance of staying at city next season. If you looked at him as a new signing, no reason his path can’t be similar to Tanner. Full season in L2 and plan to phase him into a championship side. SPH and Aaroye are two of my favourites coming up through right now. Haven’t seen much of Nelson

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Must have been pre season when I saw him a couple times. His play demands noticing for me which is a good sign. He is involved in the game. He battles and he looked bot technically lost like some of the other young ones that get around the first team for a bit. I think his loan has been encouraging once you consider the injury. 

I’d toy with the idea of moving him up a league this month but that isn’t always beneficial. Think another 15 games of league football under his belt even if at L2 and he has a great chance of staying at city next season. If you looked at him as a new signing, no reason his path can’t be similar to Tanner. Full season in L2 and plan to phase him into a championship side. SPH and Aaroye are two of my favourites coming up through right now. Haven’t seen much of Nelson

I could see us keeping him next season and him having a similar role to what Tommy was doing a couple of seasons ago - in the first team group and regularly on the bench, getting minutes where he can and learning from the more senior pros.

• Like 2
  • Robin 2

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Woss reckon Dave a nest egg boost after a 90th minute winner on national tv 😁

He’s certainly doing exactly what you want a first-time loanee to do.  Header was like Andi Weimann’s at Sheffield Utd.

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Could be in and around the first team next season if he keeps developing.  A lot thought Conway needed a loan before last season started. Quick progress can be made 

Starting to train with the first team on Tuesday’s. There’s been interest from League one clubs, but staying at Newport for the time being.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Starting to train with the first team on Tuesday’s. There’s been interest from League one clubs, but staying at Newport for the time being.

Interesting, Manning obviously wants a good look at him. I think he will be impressed by his intelligence as much as anything.

5 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Yep, exactly that.  Manning intending to have a good look at him pre-season.