IGNORED

Josh Stokes - Signed and Loaned Back

Harry

Piercy says we are still keen on a first team attacking signing by end of month, the word ‘attacking’ means the new ITK Ian may be right when he said it wasn’t a striker. So which attacking players are OOC in the summer? I just get the feeling based on the praise he gives online to a former player it may be true…..but then again! 

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Piercy says we are still keen on a first team attacking signing by end of month, the word ‘attacking’ means the new ITK Ian may be right when he said it wasn’t a striker. So which attacking players are OOC in the summer? I just get the feeling based on the praise he gives online to a former player it may be true…..but then again! 

I reckon Chris Willock! Attacking player, linked in summer and OOC in July. Could play on the left. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Jaywick 

39 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

Come on guys. I came on here to find information about a prospective new signing, and find an argument about the worst places in the UK. Please stay on topic!

It's Jaywick by a long shot

This. If anyone has a spare few hours, watch the documentary on Jaywick that originally aired on Channel 5. It’s the bleakest thing you’ll ever see. In effect a chunk of the place is holiday chalets that have been converted to bungalows with unmade roads in large part. It’s been named the most deprived place in the UK and had an unemployment rate of over 60%. This isn’t even close.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaywick

• Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This. If anyone has a spare few hours, watch the documentary on Jaywick that originally aired on Channel 5. It’s the bleakest thing you’ll ever see. In effect a chunk of the place is holiday chalets that have been converted to bungalows with unmade roads in large part. It’s been named the most deprived place in the UK and had an unemployment rate of over 60%. This isn’t even close.

Yeah remember it well. Really grim 😞

2 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Aldershot is the worst place I have ever visited.

We visited it about 3 times for a FA Cup replay many years back before penalties decided the outcome..was almost tempted to buy a house there as I seemed to spend so much time there 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Thank ****, with all these Tory voters, I thought WTF is going on, then I clocked the date  2010, phew !

Being local to Aldershot, I messaged a friend who is a season ticket holder for some insight on him. Fair to say his response, has filled me with quite the optimism. 

His reply:

'He seems like the real deal, a natural finisher but he's also an intelligent player. His work rate enables him to get in the right positions, to take advantage of mistakes at this level. I've seen plenty of non-league players come and go, often trying a level above, to just flop as they can be an unknown. My concern for you would be, you only get one chance in a game. At National league level, you just wait for the next mistake from an opposing player to capitalise on. However with Stokes, there is something different about him. He's got an instinct of playing football I've rarely seen at this level, and that goes back over 15 years now. The correspondent for the local paper (but also does national non-league coverage, say's he's the best teenage player he's seen since..... Jamie Vardy. Only time will tell if you have yourself a similar level of player'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Many years back we used to sing a song - “You’re so loud you sound like Aldershot!”.

I always knew that one day Aldershot would come up with the goods & no doubt they will reach the Premier League before us!!

Have we ever bought a player from Aldershot before??

Edited by Cardy

20 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Many years back we used to sing a song - “You’re so loud you sound like Aldershot!”.

I always knew that one day Aldershot would come up with the goods & no doubt they will reach the Premier League before us!!

We nearly got Dale Banton but he had a dodgy knee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Luxury

39 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Can't think of one. 

Gone the other way - Brian Tinnion and Cam Pring went there on loan.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Don’t know about buying any players from Aldershot but what I do know is when we played there in the cup all those years back it felt like we were being attacked by the British army in one of the pubs I was drinking in , fair play it was a righ rough old place back I the day