IGNORED

Josh Stokes - Signed and Loaned Back

Harry

Someone that was mentioned in the pinned recruitment thread a few weeks back.  

Josh Stokes. Attacking midfielder from Aldershot. 

There’s been a number of Championship clubs taking a very keen interest in him. 
I understand we are one of those clubs who are very very interested. 

He’s a number 10. So maybe someone to compete with Twine if he signs permanently in the summer. An understudy perhaps until Stokes matures enough for Champ football? 

Anyway; here’s an obligatory YouTube vid. 
Anyone who watched the fa cup match Stockport v Aldershot on BBC the other week will have been suitably impressed at how he dispatched top of league 2 defenders so easily. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

Someone that was mentioned in the pinned recruitment thread a few weeks back.  

Josh Stokes. Attacking midfielder from Aldershot. 

He’s a number 10. So maybe someone to compete with Twine if he signs permanently in the summer. An understudy perhaps until Stokes matures enough for Champ football? 

Anyway; here’s an obligatory YouTube vid. 
Anyone who watched the fa cup match Stockport v Aldershot on BBC the other week will have been suitably impressed at how he dispatched top of league 2 defenders so easily. 

Seen enough sign him pronto

If this is on the cusp as reported it looks as though we'll stick with the 4-3-3 and the 3-4-3 on Tuesday was a quick fix. Can't see we'd sign Twine and Stokes if we're considering not utilising a 10.

Anyone, this kid looks really bright. Fingers crossed we get him. Twine, Stokes and Benarous to come back, it's an area we'd suddenly be very strong in and Knight would be free to play deeper.

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

40 minutes ago, Ciderarmy23 said:

Deal is close to being completed.

26 minutes ago, Ziderarmy said:

Done deal.

From interested to completed in 17 minutes - and people say we're not fast enough negotiators!

• Haha 14
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Is he one for now? 

No. 
I think part of any deal might be that Aldershot want him loaned back for the rest of this season. They still want to get into the playoffs and Stokes will be integral to them achieving that. 

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

If this is on the cusp as reported it looks as though we'll stick with the 4-3-3 and the 3-4-3 on Tuesday was a quick fix. Can't see we'd sign Twine and Stokes if we're considering not utilising a 10.

Anyone, this kid looks really bright. Fingers crossed we get him. Twine, Stokes and Benarous to come back, it's an area we'd suddenly be very strong in and Knight would be free to play deeper.

Idk I looked at it more as 3421. Yes Mehmeti ended up wide more but natural for him. 

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

No. 
I think part of any deal might be that Aldershot want him loaned back for the rest of this season. They still want to get into the playoffs and Stokes will be integral to them achieving that. 

I hope we've got another incoming in that case. Great prospect nether the less 

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Idk I looked at it more as 3421. Yes Mehmeti ended up wide more but natural for him. 

Good note. So sort of split 10's. That would open up a wealth of new possibilities behind Tommy and solve our lack of wide cover.

• Like 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Possible that Manning has contacts at his old club AFC Sudbury too for a character reference if nothing else.

Could he have been at Ipswich at the same time as Manning?

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

No. 

This would be really disappointing if he isn’t involved straight away, especially as the rumoured fee is £1 million

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bcfc24 said:

This would be really disappointing if he isn’t involved straight away, especially as the rumoured fee is £1 million

£1m would be some fee for that level

Transfermarkt National League record departures:

image.png.afa44cdf1df862ac7dd898b71fad8aa1.png

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Possible that Manning has contacts at his old club AFC Sudbury too for a character reference if nothing else.

I’m led to believe that Manning had his eye on him when he was at Oxford, and at a guess that likely derives from ‘contacts’ at either Sudbury or Ipswich academy 

• Like 1