IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

5 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Why have we dropped the aggressive tactics used so well on tuesday, it suited us and it got the atmosphere and tension going, I thought we had maybe turned a corner from the nicey, nicey Bristol City..............NAH, normal service resumed.

There haven't been any crunching tackles but we've been really snapping at their ankles when Watford have had possession in this second half. Making life difficult for them

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

You’re clearly not liking the fella who is only playing his 3rd of 4th competitive game in over 6 months following a very nasty sounding condition…

He looks like a RB to me, not a wing back. Not much came off for him today, add in the free header missed and he needed to be replaced.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
1 minute ago, mozo said:

There haven't been any crunching tackles but we've been really snapping at their ankles when Watford have had possession in this second half. Making life difficult for them

Plus ref seems to only find his yellow cards for the city players. Our cards have been soft. 

• Like 2
Just now, old_eastender said:

He looks like a RB to me, not a wing back. Not much came off for him today, add in the free header missed and he needed to be replaced.

He’s constantly said that his preferred position is RB, but with this formation and the fact they want to play 2 behind the striker means that until Sykes is fit then that’ll be his position. Tanner’s doing nicely as the 3rd CB. I think he’ll improve with minutes.

18 minutes ago, 22A said:

It  gets worse. 4.20 and the studio anchor comes out with "Bristol City were trailing 1-0 at half time; how have they started the second half"?

Please come back Jeff S.

It's now 4.40 and we've been informed again that Bristol City are trailing 1-0. Would he do this for onw of the top Prem teams?

Just now, cellist said:

Bit harsh? We are trying to press aggressively, they juay have some very good players who are good with the ball in tight spaces. It's miles better than millwall/Birmingham- but so are Watford. Think it's the case of final ball/little bit if quality- mcrorie and Knight a bit rusty when they've got into good positions 

Just now, mozo said:

I think tuesdays performance made a lot of people nostalgic of years gone by, a city team more than holding their own physically, snapping into tackles that got supporters out of their seats, cheering the team on, creating a mood more attributed to Ashton Gate in the 90's. 

I mistakenly thought that this tactic was here to stay and this was Manning in part putting his stamp on things and showing us that the dark arts are part of his tactical repertoire and he is shaping a city side that can play football at the same time as being a nightmare to play against?

• Like 1