IGNORED

City chat on this weeks Overlap!

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I have no issue with this as it implies there is only one team in Bristol so no real need to clarify the City part!

I always think this, we can't claim to be the only team in the city then get upset when we're referred to as Bristol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I have no issue with this as it implies there is only one team in Bristol so no real need to clarify the City part!

When people ask you who you support, do you say Bristol, or Bristol City? 

Bristol refers to the Rugby club imo.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

Roy had to lean in closer to read what club name was on our badge. As it looks like about 4 other club’s badges and he probably never played against us in his career, that’s understandable. 

I bet Roy watches more Champ games than the other 3 combined. He says he watched our game against Preston.

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

But they do the same with Rovers on the rare occasion that Rovers are relevant, so that logic doesn't track

By they, referring to the wider media, not just these.

Edited by transfer reader

8 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

There is a bit of City chat on this weeks Overlap (forward to 49mins), and earlier Roy Keane mentioned he was at AG for one of the women's games as well:

if you haven't watched the Overlap I can recommend, there are some great interviews with various ex players and the weekly chat is pretty entertaining.

That's 10 minutes I'll never get back !

15 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I quite often mix with various people from the UK on a weekly basis. I love their respective different accents. I’m always proud to say I’m Bristol City and what club do you support. 
At the end of the day you are either red or blue in BrIstol and red has always been in my blood.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Absolutely. 

I have no problem with it. In fact I quite like the fact that the Bristol name is associated with us. It shows how irrelevant the others are. 

When I'm speaking to fans of other teams such as Cardiff City, Swansea City, Birmingham City, Coventry City etc I just refer to us as Bristol. I can't use City obviously in those conversations so just easier to say Bristol. 

If and when City get promoted and stay there we will become Bristol, and it will be glorious.  

Imagine this hypothetical holiday bar chat between a random grim northerner and sag: 

“oh you support Bristol then?” 
“Well yes, Bristol Rovers” 

……“who?”

12 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Absolutely. 

I have no problem with it. In fact I quite like the fact that the Bristol name is associated with us. It shows how irrelevant the others are. 

When I'm speaking to fans of other teams such as Cardiff City, Swansea City, Birmingham City, Coventry City etc I just refer to us as Bristol. I can't use City obviously in those conversations so just easier to say Bristol. 

Everyone calls us Bristol, all the London clubs (West Ham fans been saying Bristol each week). I get it all the time, nobody says City.