IGNORED

Parking tickets - near Ashton Inn 😒

While attending yesterday, I ended up with a parking ticket 🤬 - Looked like everyone got the same, parked on that one way road that passes the Ashton Inn.

The ticket says 'prohibited as parked on a red route or clearway'. Is this a new thing? Lots of people park there for every game. I didn't see any signage mentioning any restrictions.

Worth appealing?

1 minute ago, JackiDziekanowski said:

While attending yesterday, I ended up with a parking ticket 🤬 - Looked like everyone got the same, parked on that one way road that passes the Ashton Inn.

The ticket says 'prohibited as parked on a red route or clearway'. Is this a new thing? Lots of people park there for every game. I didn't see any signage mentioning any restrictions.

Worth appealing?

Hmmm…….they’ll point out that the relevant signs were displayed. I’d double check before you appeal. I’d be surprised if there aren’t any but check anyway.

The signs are there.  They've been there for quite some time. It's never been enforced there on match days - there was a thread at the time wondering whether they would be, but I think its all gone quiet since and just assumed that a blind eye was being turned.

Yet another example where it really doesn't do any harm on a matchday - and now that's another 50 or so cars having to drive round trying to find somewhere else - likely in Long Ashton, where it will become a problem.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JackiDziekanowski said:

Worth appealing?

Afraid there is signage and has been for a few months. 

18 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The signs are there.  They've been there for quite some time. It's never been enforced there on match days - there was a thread at the time wondering whether they would be, but I think its all gone quiet since and just assumed that a blind eye was being turned.

Yet another example where it really doesn't do any harm on a matchday - and now that's another 50 or so cars having to drive round trying to find somewhere else - likely in Long Ashton, where it will become a problem.

Except that they will be replaced by another 50 cars that currently park elsewhere, unaware of the restrictions and so it will go on.

It seems like any events in the Uk where the good old British public turn up are targeted by either local councils , expensive  car park prices aka Bemmy cricket club / field next door , overpriced food & drink stalls and rogue merchandise sellers , I really wish the good old public would  100% boycott all of these things 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

So people get tickets and complain?! Signs state it is a clearway.

He didn’t complain , he said that he didn’t see any signs ( wrongly agreed ) 

absolutely no need for that road to be a red route clearway I would love to sit down with whatever clown made that decision and get him to explain to my why ! Faceless decision makers 

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

It seems like any events in the Uk where the good old British public turn up are targeted by either local councils , expensive  car park prices aka Bemmy cricket club / field next door , overpriced food & drink stalls and rogue merchandise sellers , I really wish the good old public would  100% boycott all of these things 

Bemmy cricket club is private land  - they can charge whatever they think they can get away with? 

Luckily  I’m still able (dry days..) to cycle down to the ground so a bit easier at the mo but it’s not going to get any easier with the agendas all the Councils have in place to make life difficult for car drivers 

1 minute ago, Red DNA said:

Bemmy cricket club is private land  - they can charge whatever they think they can get away with? 

Luckily  I’m still able (dry days..) to cycle down to the ground so a bit easier at the mo but it’s not going to get any easier with the agendas all the Councils have in place to make life difficult for car drivers 

Totally understand they can charge what they want but I wish the sporting public would stick 2 fingers up and say stick your parking up your arse , 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Totally understand they can charge what they want but I wish the sporting public would stick 2 fingers up and say stick your parking up your arse , 

Have a look at the prices people charge for their driveways around Ashton Gate - must be the highest in the country for football outside London. Presumably people pay it - or else it would reduce.

parkatmyhouse.com, park on my drive.com, and now I can't get out of my mind the potential for parkupmyarse.com. 😂

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Have a look at the prices people charge for their driveways around Ashton Gate - must be the highest in the country for football outside London. Presumably people pay it - or else it would reduce.

parkatmyhouse.com, park on my drive.com, and now I can't get out of my mind the potential for parkupmyarse.com. 😂

I know Dave I was just trying to get across that wherever there is anything going on in this country from sporting arenas to shopping centres to car parks at a seaside resort it’s a fxxking rip off , it’s my pet hate paying to park ask my mrs whenever we go anywhere I park up as close as I can without paying sometimes we can be a good 30-40 mins away from where we’re going , luckily we both enjoy walking - and no I’m not a tight arse - honest 😂

• Robin 1

I can't understand why fans park around that area with the threat of a ticket hanging over their heads anytime when you can use the p & r officially for £2 , as i do , without any worry  and walk back afterwards.

4 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

I can't understand why fans park around that area with the threat of a ticket hanging over their heads anytime when you can use the p & r officially for £2 , as i do , without any worry  and walk back afterwards.

Or if you’re of retirement age it’s entirely free with a bus pass.

41 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Which way do people walk back? I’ve been tempted on doing this when the trains aren’t running 

• Admin
2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Mate who drives me up occasionally from Weston has a space on a drive very near the ground for £6.50 against Leeds 

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Mate who drives me up occasionally from Weston has a space on a drive very near the ground for £6.50 against Leeds 

That's very reasonable. Well, in the context of Ashton Gate it is!! There are lots that charge 2 or 3 times that - and quite a few over £20. 

The club and council seem to forget not every city fan lives in bloody Bristol and if they think it's easy getting public transport to games they can think again it also makes your day twice as long. I park in the park and ride at long Ashton it makes sense.

No way I'm paying £10 or more for parking absolute mugs game.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Which way do people walk back? I’ve been tempted on doing this when the trains aren’t running 

Just walk on the left hand side over the railway bridge and past the bus stops and although the path narrows  it is quite safe if you just go with the flow of fans back to the P & R area.

• Like 1