IGNORED

Our next 4 league fixtures

Wokingham Red

30th Jan - Coventry (a)

2nd Feb - Leeds (H)

10th Feb - Middlesbrough (a)

13th Feb - Southampton (H)

Four very tough games in a short period of time. If we can come out of these still within 6 points of the playoffs that would be a great platform to maybe make a late charge. We lose them all and then it's another season of mediocrity confirmed. The optimist in me says that 5 points out of this lot would be a good outcome but it will be a very tough ask; especially the next two.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wokingham Red said:

30th Jan - Coventry (a)

2nd Feb - Leeds (H)

Four very tough games in a short period of time. If we can come out of these still within 6 points of the playoffs that would be a great platform to maybe make a late charge. We lose them all and then it's another season of mediocrity confirmed. The optimist in me says that 5 points out of this lot would be a good outcome but it will be a very tough ask; especially the next two.

Hate to be pessimistic but I can’t see a game there that we will pick up 3 points.

Maybe Middlesbrough with their injuries but even then it would be very difficult.

Hopefuly I’ll be proved wrong 🤞🏻

2 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Hate to be pessimistic but I can’t see a game there that we will pick up 3 points.

Maybe Middlesbrough with their injuries but even then it would be very difficult.

Hopefuly I’ll be proved wrong 🤞🏻

Likewise. To be even more negative I can’t even see where we could nick a point. Possibly Boro and maybe Coventry.

Our record against Leeds is woeful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I guess the only glimmer of hope is that the last time we were faced with a very tough set of fixtures was in December: Sunderland, Hull, Watford. We all know what happened there.

What happens in the rest of this transfer window may or may not have an effect. 

Edited by Wokingham Red

1 minute ago, Gratz260689 said:

Think could play to are advantages by playing teams that will come and have a go at us, rather than sitting back and we spend 90 minutes trying to break them down!! 

The issue in comparison to the previous three games we won is, imo, at least three of those teams are good enough to have a go at us and batter us if we don't turn up. If someone offered me four points from those four games and no need to play them I would snap their hand off.......maybe I should have more faith, we'll see!!

• Like 1

Well we never beat Leeds so let’s just forget about that already. Boro away tends to be a very good ground for us, southampton and cov… maybe a point. Don’t have much expectation for this so anything more than 2 points will be good

48 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Likewise. To be even more negative I can’t even see where we could nick a point. Possibly Boro and maybe Coventry.

Our record against Leeds is woeful.

Coventry unbeaten in their last ten league & cup outings....

Only really seeing Boro away as a possible decent result...

I'd take 4 points from those four right now & be reasonably happy.

Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised!!

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 1

Important run of games and as said, if we can still be in with a sniff of PO's after them it should be a good end to the season. 

Lose to Forest then pick up 3 or fewer points in those 4 games and it's sadly time to look forward to the Euros and next season. 

As we stand today, we're still just about fighting on two fronts. Let's keep the dreaming alive as long as possible and go from there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wokingham Red said:

30th Jan - Coventry (a)

2nd Feb - Leeds (H)

To be honest I think it's irrelevant where points come from as long as we pick them up and are capable of beating anyone.  We've shown that with West Ham and we could well do well in the playoff's.

If we manager to get to the playoffs which given our transitional state (inflicted on us by BT, JL and co) the best we can hope for is maybe a beat Forrest get a nice game out of it, and pick up some nice wins.

• Like 1

This season relies on Friday night. Lose and it’s over aside from getting enough points to be safe. Thoroughly disappointing yet again, club continues to make same mistakes year on year. 

9 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

To be honest I think it's irrelevant where points come from as long as we pick them up and are capable of beating anyone.  We've shown that with West Ham and we could well do well in the playoff's.

If we manager to get to the playoffs which given our transitional state (inflicted on us by BT, JL and co) the best we can hope for is maybe a beat Forrest get a nice game out of it, and pick up some nice wins.

We are better off playing the good sides as opposed to a Millwall or Preston who we just have no answer to. 

• Like 1

Hard to think the playoffs are remotely credible, we are 6 points adrift of Coventry (who as has been pointed out, are on an incredible run).

Lose on Friday & effectively our season is pretty much over.

It is a very tough run of fixtures including games against 2 sides with a ridiculous financial advantage. Our record against Coventry (lot of draws) & Boro is actually ok though.

Edited by GrahamC

1 minute ago, redsquirrel said:

cant see us getting a point let alone 4

I wasn't confident of getting anything on Saturday if I'm honest. I think Ismael knows his onions at this level and Watford will end up in the mix when it matters. I'm hoping that we will stick in at least one of our resilient performances in that bunch of games, maybe two, and pick up something.

If we lose all four, this forum........................

• Like 1

They're all tough in the Championship.

I would be more than happy with a point at Cov but that will be really tough.

As people have said, leeds tend to rub our noses in it.

We have a chance against Boro although I'm sure Luke Ayling will be right up for that one.

Saints are on a roll so that will be extremely difficult.

Playing Cov on the Tuesday and then leeds on the Friday is a bit of a tall ask. We really could do with the likes of Naismith coming back.

So 4 points and I would be mid table realistic happy & not pie in the sky directors play off happy.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wokingham Red said:

30th Jan - Coventry (a)

2nd Feb - Leeds (H)

If we don’t get 15 points here  👀 ….Manning out 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wokingham Red said:

30th Jan - Coventry (a)

2nd Feb - Leeds (H)

It’s impossible to predict accurately. If we could it wouldn’t take long to reach our first million.

However - City have a respectable record at the Ricoh and at the Riverside and based on that I’d be happy with 4 points

Our record against Leeds is poor home and away and a point against ‘dirty Leeds’ is about the best we can expect. I can see them beating us at AG

Saints - that’s difficult to call. They’re flying and will be after all the points and that might just give City a chance to nick a surprise win but I can see another draw.

So…….6 or 7 points would a good return Imo.

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1