IGNORED

Nottingham Forest home 4th round FA Cup match thread

Jerseybean

For a superstitious City fan like me disaster has just struck.  

Just going to walk the dog when his lead broke! Obviously this means that, should we go ahead tonight, we won’t be able to hold onto the lead! 

IMG_4419.jpeg

• Haha 14
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Forest Red said:

We’re still learning about Nuno but he doesn’t seem to rotate for the cup, he didn’t for Blackpool. The players you quoted + Worrall are all the options we have. The rest of the bench will be U21’s. Aguilera is the only attacking option on the bench. Yates went off injured vs Blackpool and we had to put Nico Williams in Midfield.

What's the deal with Worrall? He seems to have gone from key player to outcast rather quickly.

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

For a superstitious City fan like me disaster has just struck.  

Just going to walk the dog when his lead broke! Obviously this means that, should we go ahead tonight, we won’t be able to hold onto the lead! 

IMG_4419.jpeg

Not so sure the God's are with us on this one - sat with my first pre-match beer & realised it's from a Nottingham brewery 😆😬

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Forest Red said:

Hi all, 

A Forest fan in peace. I’m looking forward to the game tonight, it should be a good old fashioned cup tie with no VAR to ruin the match. I see some are speculating on injuries - we’ve got a few. We are down to one striker, Wood with Callum Hudson Odoi on the wing. MGW I believe is still injured, Elanga is out and of course Awoniyi. We’ve also lost 6 players to AFCON. Other than that, we can’t defend and all our goalkeepers are crap. Nuno will play a strong team, mainly cos we don’t have much option. Probably 4231:

Turner

Montiel - Omabamidele - Murillo - Tavares 

Yates - Mangala

CHO - Danilo - Dominguez

Wood

I have fond memories of BC matches - the 2 v 1 win in our promotion season is the moment we started to believe something special was happening. Lyle Taylor had his only good match for us and his penalty gave every Forest fan a heart attack. Good luck and let’s hope for a rip roaring entertaining FA Cup tie.

That keeper of yours is a bit of a car crash from the games I have come across.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

What's the deal with Worrall? He seems to have gone from key player to outcast rather quickly.

He fell out spectacularly with Steve Cooper - Coops dropped him for the trip to Anfield, Worrall threw his toys out the pram and refused to travel to the game. As he’s club Captain, most people think he’s in the wrong. The other issue is he’s too slow and can get bullied by Prem forwards so he’s lucky to make the bench anyway.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Me and the boy unable to attend tonight. He is currently in hospital after a big operation. He did make me laugh though, when he came round he was chatting nonsense as expected, and he blurted out the gas lost dad. 

Come on City 

I'm sure I speak for everyone in wishing your lad a speedy and full recovery RA75. 🙏 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Odds from Bet365
image.thumb.png.afcf7c9981e41784d1d0c79e8c561821.png

Thinking of a few quid on either Weimann or Twine to score anytime. Any suggestions appreciated.

Putting Rae Nelson third when he hasn’t even played for us yet, surely proves what a  farce betting odds are….

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Cup tied 

But he didn't even make the bench for their match with Spurs and they are out.

I guess these things are written into the deal, but it seems a shame that he can't play for us tonight.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

So we are saying that Robin Hood was colour blind?

The boring answer was that when the club was formed in 1865, they bought 12 tasseled caps in colour of Garibaldi red (named after the Italian freedom fighter and his ‘redshirts’) Thus our nickname is the Garibaldi Reds. Our first ground was at the Forest Racecourse hence, Nottingham Forest. The whole Robin Hood nonsense happened a lot later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Forest Red said:

The boring answer was that when the club was formed in 1865, they bought 12 tasseled caps in colour of Garibaldi red (named after the Italian freedom fighter and his ‘redshirts’) Thus our nickname is the Garibaldi Reds. Our first ground was at the Forest Racecourse hence, Nottingham Forest. The whole Robin Hood nonsense happened a lot later.

Right thanks for that.

Our nickname is The Robins, because we play in, um, brown and orange! 

25 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

So we are saying that Robin Hood was colour blind?

It’s a little known fact that Robin Hood often wore spectacles bought from Spec Savers. In later life he wore contact lenses that were coloured to make his eyes look green