IGNORED

Klopp

frenchred

Has made the Premier League far more entertaining over the last few years. Probably gets some credit for making Man C a better team in some way too. Without Liverpool pushing them they could have won the league without breaking sweat most years. He's made them up their game. 

I do wonder if he’s had enough of dealing with FSG and their lack of transfer activity and going after top targets. 

They’re not the biggest spenders compared to other clubs around them. Perhaps Klopp has had enough working on a limited budget. Especially now with the likes of Salah, Roberson, Van Dijk etc moving into their 30s. You do feel Liverpool will need major investment once more in 2-3 years. Which perhaps FSG are not willing to back. Hence why he’s decided to call it a day at the end of the season rather than end of his contract which is the summer of 2026.

In terms of his next move. Would he favour Munich? Or he is too much in love with Dortmund still to go to Munich?

Cannot see him in France as the lack of competition may drive him mad. 

He is the ideal fit for Real Madrid as they have such a young squad with some of the most talented youngsters in many many years. Can see him waiting until Ancelotti is gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Reckon most of us could build a half decent squad with 600mil.

...or an even better one with the £1bn Pep has spent!

His (and Peps) constant moaning over the Christmas period fixtures & FA cup replays winds me up. 

They knew what they were signing up for before managing here, fed up with what seems to be the constant battles  there are each year with them two over the English game. 

Wont miss all his moaning one bit.

23 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

His (and Peps) constant moaning over the Christmas period fixtures & FA cup replays winds me up. 

They knew what they were signing up for before managing here, fed up with what seems to be the constant battles  there are each year with them two over the English game. 

Wont miss all his moaning one bit.

They will be playing an extra 2 group games in the Champions league and maybe 2 qualifiers from that group stage next season but that’s ok for they will get more money for that. Maybe they should stop travelling the world pre season and give the players extra time off.

• Like 1

De Zerbi hasn’t denied it, Liverpool should go all out for him. Big loss for them, an incredible leader and manager, for me a level above Pep based on fact he has never inherited quality everywhere he has been. Built clubs and identities from scratch (oh no, I sound like Lee Johnson). 

I am going to take a slightly different angle. Purely from a personal view, if it was me, I wouldn't want to live in north west England anymore.

In fact I would never move there, but taking the money into account and the prestige job, I can see why he went there. It's just that at some point in your life, you want to wake up to blue skies, maybe some sea or mountains and a Mediterranean diet, not grey skies, bricks and meat pies.

Not a great theory, but if Mrs K has any say in it that might add some weight.

I have no idea who will replace him but if I was him I would be looking at a nice job in southern France or Spain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I am going to take a slightly different angle. Purely from a personal view, if it was me, I wouldn't want to live in north west England anymore.

In fact I would never move there, but taking the money into account and the prestige job, I can see why he went there. It's just that at some point in your life, you want to wake up to blue skies, maybe some sea or mountains and a Mediterranean diet, not grey skies, bricks and meat pies.

I have no idea who will replace him but if I was him I would be looking at a nice job in southern France or Spain.

Bloke is earning a wedge. Not sure he'll be having meat pies!

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Bloke is earning a wedge. Not sure he'll be having meat pies!

Well, no, I was just being stereotypical to emphasise a point.

I doubt also though, that he sits in a garden over looking the Irish sea in his shorts having fresh fruit for breakfast in mid winter.

He has earned his break, time to live somewhere a bit more scenic I would say.

17 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

he probably lives in Cheshire with all the other millionaire footballers, hardly Portishead Marina!

5 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

It's great to see a manager go at the right time for himself. It's such a a ruthless world to work in as we see every single season.

He seems like a really decent bloke and there would be very few people who wouldn't want him as the England manager.

Liverpool fans wouldn’t know what to do if he became England manager!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

It's great to see a manager go at the right time for himself. It's such a a ruthless world to work in as we see every single season.

He seems like a really decent bloke and there would be very few people who wouldn't want him as the England manager.

Agree. 

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Watching that video he looks like he could make it as an actor, it looks like someone playing the role of a Manager making a leaving speech 

Disagree. I thought the interview - the full, long one - was refreshingly honest and open. Don’t hear many managers leaving a club on their own terms citing that they don’t have the energy to give it their all beyond this season and would like a break/to do other things before they are too old. Some people would keep taking the pay cheque, take their foot off the gas and rely on the team around them. 

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Agree. 

Disagree. I thought the interview - the full, long one - was refreshingly honest and open. Don’t hear many managers leaving a club on their own terms citing that they don’t have the energy to give it their all beyond this season and would like a break/to do other things before they are too old. Some people would keep taking the pay cheque, take their foot off the gas and rely on the team around them. 

It wasn't the content I was referring to, more the delivery, it felt "scripted" to me, the looks away from camera, the changes in camera angles. Very cinematic, some would say professional I guess. Klopp is one of my favourite football people so it wasn't intended as a criticism.

• Like 2