IGNORED

Stuart Attwell - the referee

Fordy62

does anybody know why we got a booking and conceded that free kick right at the death? I couldn't see anything at the time, and everybody sat around me was confused??

thought he was a very decent ref, apart from a few weird decisions on where free kicks were taken from!

Edited by DolmanGaz

I thought on balance he was poor. The mcrorie foul was a joke, the one on pring 2nd half was an obvious foul not given compare that to the one against gardner hickman first half which was similar but nowhere near as bad.

I thought the james booking was harsh. The Pring booking i'd like to see again as I thought that was harsh but I could be completely wrong.

I was surprised that knight didn't get booked as he had one thing in his mind when he took the player down.

The amount he'd let go with players taking free kicks and throws out of position to then go nuclear on cornick who ultimately took the throw a foot away from where he was lined up, what was the point of that.

He also took an age to blow for fouls where there was nothing going on which I just found irritating.

There were no big decisions that had to be made, but there was plenty for me to think that it certainly was not a masterclass by any stretch.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, transfer reader said:

I thought he was taking longer to think about the decisions because he didn't have VAR to fall back on.

Rarely was he indicating that he was playing an advantage, but the pause before blowing for a foul would often look like that.

I understand the point, but I think it was deliberate. If he indicates advantage, then he can not bring it back. Thought he was clever to give himself a couple of seconds and if there was no advantage, bring it back. If there was, then he did play advantage a couple of times.

75-80% very good Ref. If he would have made it clear he was waiting for advantage it would have been better, but for the most part decent. There were several oddities though. McCrorie dribbling past 2 players but pulled back for a foul, Matty James getting booked for going for a header, few soft free kicks early and I thought he was going to be a Prem lover . Then there was McCrorie pulling back their player but not getting booked ?
Yes he was better than most, but not without fault.

8 minutes ago, kit said:

I thought on balance he was poor. The mcrorie foul was a joke, the one on pring 2nd half was an obvious foul not given compare that to the one against gardner hickman first half which was similar but nowhere near as bad.

I thought the james booking was harsh. The Pring booking i'd like to see again as I thought that was harsh but I could be completely wrong.

I was surprised that knight didn't get booked as he had one thing in his mind when he took the player down.

The amount he'd let go with players taking free kicks and throws out of position to then go nuclear on cornick who ultimately took the throw a foot away from where he was lined up, what was the point of that.

He also took an age to blow for fouls where there was nothing going on which I just found irritating.

There were no big decisions that had to be made, but there was plenty for me to think that it certainly was not a masterclass by any stretch.

Pretty much how I saw it. The James booking was a shocker. I thought he was shite. 

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

75-80% very good Ref. If he would have made it clear he was waiting for advantage it would have been better, but for the most part decent. There were several oddities though. McCrorie dribbling past 2 players but pulled back for a foul, Matty James getting booked for going for a header, few soft free kicks early and I thought he was going to be a Prem lover . Then there was McCrorie pulling back their player but not getting booked ?
Yes he was better than most, but not without fault.

that McCrorie one was ridiculous. he just ghosted past those players like a prime JET! haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Pretty much how I saw it. The James booking was a shocker. I thought he was shite. 

Interesting how we all see different things. Thought James’s myself was nailed on. Clever to stop a break but absolutely body checked him.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The Forest free kick in injury time, was given when Taylor Gardener  grabbed and pulled back a Forest player by the neck, it was off the ball, and a stupid thing to do. 

Yeah I thought I’d missed something there which is why I said ‘maybe it was me’ 👍

41 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

does anybody know why we got a booking and conceded that free kick right at the death? I couldn't see anything at the time, and everybody sat around me was confused??

thought he was a very decent ref, apart from a few weird decisions on where free kicks were taken from!

Gardner Hickman pulled back a player from entering the box off the ball. It was well spotted by the ref.

The amount of supporters remarking upon the McCrorie incident as if he did nothing. He did. He pushed off a Forest player in the face. It was again well spotted by the referee. In fact he was somewhat fortunate to escape a yellow. That having been said I thought McCrorie was immense tonight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Was this a sarcastic post? He was atrocious, starting with penalising Mccrorie for skinning two of their players. Weirdest decision I can remember in a long time 

It was an easier game to referee, VAR or not.

Could you do a better job?

So easy to criticise.

47 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Gardner Hickman pulled back a player from entering the box off the ball. It was well spotted by the ref.

The amount of supporters remarking upon the McCrorie incident as if he did nothing. He did. He pushed off a Forest player in the face. It was again well spotted by the referee. In fact he was somewhat fortunate to escape a yellow. That having been said I thought McCrorie was immense tonight.

thanks, knew there would be something, just missed by us haha! agree 100% on McCrorie, he's a player!

• Like 1

I thought he was a typical Premier league referee, inconsistent and baffling.

He booked Pring for his first foul yet allows a Notts forest player to tackle from behind and go through one of our players. A clear booking. He delayed blowing his whistle after a foul was committed on several occasions like he was waiting for VAR to do his job for him. Poor.

The throw in was his only real bad judgement he made - having minutes before allowed a free kick for offside on the Dolman stand sideline and near the Corner flag be allowed to be taken almost at the top of the penalty area was an absolute joke!

That kept happening all night - throw ins from the wrong place so why get totally obsessed with Cornick!

Give linesmen “magic foam” and mark where the throw in has to be taken - that’ll stop massive encroachment!

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

How Nuno didn't get at least a yellow card for standing on the touchline the whole game I don't know. 

I felt like the ref was a bit petty at times. Having an argument with Harry for example about the throw in position. 

This is beginning to bug me, the more they are allowed to get away with it, the more they'll do it. 
There was an incident this season where the Lion couldn't make a decision on a throw because the Manager was stood on the line and blocking his view . The 4th official , last night , was trying , but they should have booked Nuno as he just ignored him.

11 hours ago, Bobs Dad said:

Thought he was superb throughout. Loved that he waited a second or two to see if an advantage could be had before blowing his whistle!! 

He was being criticised for this all around me, but in hindsight I think it was purely because we are not used to the right way to referee. The point about him not indicating that he was allowing advantage is valid, but I think I am right in saying that the referee should only do that when the advantage has become clear. 

11 hours ago, Bobs Dad said:

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Slack said:

I was watching at ground didn't think he was that good 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Watching online from the US, I thought it was the best referring performance by a country mile that I've seen in about 30 years of watching any standard of football, not just at BCFC. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, redrob said:

Watching online from the US, I thought it was the best referring performance by a country mile that I've seen in about 30 years of watching any standard of football, not just at BCFC. 

I mean, I think I was just confused about a referee that actually allows the game to flow. After watching highlights, I think I was incorrect with my initial review 😅

All about perspective I suppose 😂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

This is beginning to bug me, the more they are allowed to get away with it, the more they'll do it. 
There was an incident this season where the Lion couldn't make a decision on a throw because the Manager was stood on the line and blocking his view . The 4th official , last night , was trying , but they should have booked Nuno as he just ignored him.

Was that the Millwall game?