IGNORED

Stuart Attwell - the referee

Fordy62

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Was this a sarcastic post? He was atrocious, starting with penalising Mccrorie for skinning two of their players. Weirdest decision I can remember in a long time 

If you are referring to the one in the first half he planted his hand in Forest Players face , a hand off

So correct decision

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Was this a sarcastic post? He was atrocious, starting with penalising Mccrorie for skinning two of their players. Weirdest decision I can remember in a long time 

If you saw the TV replay McCrorie did catch him. It was incredibly soft, but wouldn’t say it was a howler from the ref 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Probably the most complete refereeing performance I’ve seen ever from a UK based referee. 

We slate them when they’re bad, so it’s only fair they get a mention when they’re excellent. 

Got everything right and his attitude towards attempting to play an advantage and then bringing it back was exemplary. A really top performance. 

Certainly took his time blowing the whistle though!

Agreed he got pretty much every decision right

27 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

I thought he was taking longer to think about the decisions because he didn't have VAR to fall back on.

Rarely was he indicating that he was playing an advantage, but the pause before blowing for a foul would often look like that.

I noticed this - maybe I couldn't hear the whistle, but almost felt like he was watching in slow motion! 

Couple of poor ones - the mcrorie one in the first half looked bizarre from where I was. But other than that he did OK- fairly straightforward 

Thought he was very good with regards to playing advantage and bringing the ball back for a free kick if not. But too whistle happy to me and Forest falling over every five minutes meant he gave away too many free kicks. Thought he was very nip picky about where Cornick was to take the throw in a bit silly and Cornick moved about 2 inches 😂

• Like 1

There were mistakes but that’s human. There was one instance late in the game where cam Pring had his ankle scythed by their player and he didn’t give a thing. That was such a blatant foul. I didn’t see the reason they got a free kick in injury time but could have been my eye sight playing tricks. Agree that it was nice he was composed enough to give himself and his assistants time to come to each decision though. It appeared indecisive and reactionary to crowd initially but it soon became clear what he was doing. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 2

Just now, Packman said:

Better than most champ refs but that really isn't difficult, the decision to not give a free kick to Pring for being absolutely wiped out on the edge of the box was bizarre.

I agree that was his only mistake though. Otherwise got everything right, including the McCrorie hand off into the face of his opponent missed by so many others it appears. Also got each yellow card correct. No complaints at all about his performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 38MC said:

There were mistakes but that’s human. There was one instance late in the game where cam Pring had his ankle scythed by their player and he didn’t give a thing. That was such a blatant foul. I didn’t see the reason they got a free kick in injury time but could have been my eye sight playing tricks. Agree that it was nice he was composed enough to give himself and his assistants time to come to each decision though. It appeared indecisive and reactionary to crowd initially but it soon became clear what he was doing. 

The Forest free kick in injury time, was given when Taylor Gardener  grabbed and pulled back a Forest player by the neck, it was off the ball, and a stupid thing to do. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The one criticism I'd have of him is that he waited too long to card Ryan Yates. The Forest midfielder was booked for his fourth foul but he was constantly mouthing off at the ref inbetween times too and maybe a yellow earlier might have made a difference.

As it was, Nuno shipped him out at half time to save his side going down to ten.