IGNORED

3 goals in 7 games…

BCFCGav

I thought we were very very good tonight. Played good football, looked sharp and outplayed a premier league team.

But my god… forwards, stand up. As another poster says, our defence is amazing. Feels like we’re wasting it!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

I thought we were very very good tonight. Played good football, looked sharp and outplayed a premier league team.

But my god… forwards, stand up. As another poster says, our defence is amazing. Feels like we’re wasting it!

Sykes is a massive miss. Put him in the position Knight is occupying and drop Knight back into midfield and I think we create a lot more clear-cut chances.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

We played very well tonight, however we have an issue at the moment where we are not getting enough bodies into the box in open play. A number of times tonight especially first half, TC was the only player in the box for the cross to come in to. Needs addressing.

Maybe against Champ teams we can afford for one or two more to gamble.

Not sure it would have been a great idea tonight to go gung ho and let Gibson White kill us on the counter

3 of those games against Premier League opposition? 2 against current Europe League conference champions and fighting for European spots… Is that not worth bearing in mind - and 2 goals were against said premier league opposition.

I agree we aren’t creating clear cut chances, but we are close. It’s the final killer ball/finish. 

take bell soon after his intro coming in from the right. No goal, no shot on target, didn’t half worry forest though. It’s too easy to measure chances created when they lead to a shot on target but it’s the ‘chaos’ that you create which should be measured imo. But that’s like beauty in the eye of the beholder. I personally see Darwin Nunez for the reasoning above as a top striker, and some see him as a donkey. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

It isn't the forwards especially, it's no bloody creativity and a hesitancy to get the ball into the box 

I disagree, we’re getting the ball into good areas where the forwards need to make things happen. The forwards need to create for themselves and each other.

4 minutes ago, 38MC said:

3 of those games against Premier League opposition? Is that not worth bearing in mind - and 2 goals were against premier league opposition.

It absolutely is, but the flip side of that is we’ve scored 1 in 4 against Championship opposition!

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I disagree, we’re getting the ball into good areas where the forwards need to make things happen. The forwards need to create for themselves and each other.

I feel for Tommy. He’s just not suited to the way we play unfortunately. He’ll still contribute because he has that touch of class, but if he’s going to be a lone striker with quote ‘wing-hugging’ forwards either side, I understand why he might want to move on. 

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It absolutely is, but the flip side of that is we’ve scored 1 in 4 against Championship opposition!

And I have no rebuttal to that. It’s true we need to do more. I think it comes down to us having a really good striker, who doesn’t quite fit in with our team unfortunately. 

19 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Lost count of the number of times Conway would make a run only to be ignored.

Often the players aren’t close enough to make the pass. I’m sure Conway receives the ball more from Vyner and Dickie.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I feel for Tommy. He’s just not suited to the way we play unfortunately. He’ll still contribute because he has that touch of class, but if he’s going to be a lone striker with quote ‘wing-hugging’ forwards either side, I understand why he might want to move on. 

And I have no rebuttal to that. It’s true we need to do more. I think it comes down to us having a really good striker, who doesn’t quite fit in with our team unfortunately. 

Agreed, I rate Tommy highly. I think he has ‘it’ and will do really well. I’d love him to stay. 

It’s more Bell, Mehmeti, Knight for me. They get into some great areas that should lead to a really high quality chance, and it just never quite drops. I rate all three, they just need to find that last bit far more frequently.

• Like 2

Conways movement to receive the ball has been poor lately which doesn't help the midfield I know he is trying to stay more in the middle of the goal but he's alot more static under Manning.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Hmmm 1

47 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

One day we will get it right?  We either seem to have an excellent defence and an ordinary forward line...or we score goals , but the defenders are not keeping clean sheets?   As i say..........One day we will get it right?

Edited by maxjak

Just now, maxjak said:

One day we will get it right?  We either seem to have and excellent defence and an ordinary forward line...or we score goals , but the defenders are not keeping clean sheets?   As i say..........One day we will get it right?

Haha - verbatim what I’ve been saying to my pops post game. Story of our time back in the Championship!

I honestly don’t think a new striker makes much difference. Goals and creativity needs to come from everywhere. 

How many of our players have actually got a history of chipping in with goals? Not many. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I honestly don’t think a new striker makes much difference. Goals and creativity needs to come from everywhere. 

How many of our players have actually got a history of chipping in with goals? Not many. 

Sykes is the obvious one.

• Like 1

Just now, Kibs said:

Quite, we cannot rely on Conway all the ttime especially as he is always up against two centre backs.

Need more from Bell , Mehmeti and Knight but it's difficult to imagine any of those three chipping in enough 

• Like 1

We have a very good strike partnership in Conway & Wells, its unfortunate that we dont play a formation or style that can accommodate their playing together, even if it was just for half an hour against a lesser opponent id like to see them given a go again, we know they are a good pairing, its very frustrating to not see it happen but I understand why.  

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireSection said:

We have a very good strike partnership in Conway & Wells, its unfortunate that we dont play a formation or style that can accommodate their playing together, even if it was just for half an hour against a lesser opponent id like to see them given a go again, we know they are a good pairing, its very frustrating to not see it happen but I understand why.  

Still can’t understand why he can’t at least bring Wells on and leave Tommy with him. There was nothing to lose tonight, no one really wanted a replay - it doesn’t suit us either with something like 7 games in 3 weeks now?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireSection said:

Totally agree, but we could pick an XI and play a formation that suits Wells and Conway by dropping the box midfield. For example, 3-4-1-2: Max; Tanner, Vyner, Dickie; McCrorie, Knight, James/Williams, Pring; Twine; Wells, Conway. 

• Like 1