IGNORED

Club shop

sticks 1969

1 minute ago, BS30 City said:

It says “coming soon” to both on the webpage. Its long overdue I reckon, would be great!

I know you can do  tour when on a corporate package but that can be ££££ and out of some people’s budget , I’m just thinking of your run of the mill fan who’s budget won’t extend to corporate. Kids would love it . About time this was done like you said no doubt it will be overpriced ( typical football ) just make it cheap and simple 

49 minutes ago, redkev said:

I take it your not a fan of her then sticks 😂

No mate the shop reeks of total incompetence from top to bottom 

I go in after work sometimes and have a moan so thay can’t say he is pissed or got all his mates with him and people don’t like hearing the truth 

Edited by sticks 1969
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, redkev said:

nothing to do with the shop BUT
With the hopefully growing and younger fanbase would it not be a good idea to start running ground tours aka some of the bigger clubs I’m sure it would again add another dimension to attracting the future fan . This could happen on match days from about 10am as long as well organised you could do this whilst keeping out every bodies way whilst seeing what goes on behind the scenes . Finished off with a buffet lunch and perhaps a non match day player Injured etc ( Naismith most weeks 😂)  doesn’t have to be hundreds at a time make a small party of about 15-20 with a parent and charge about £20 I’m sure it would be very popular . 

… and at the end of the ground tour, they can pop into the club shop with their parents to buy a youth kit, to spread the word and show support.

Oh, no, wait, all the youth kits have pretty much been out of stock since last October… 

Our club shop and its basic stock level, is an embarrassment. 

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

This gets suggested on a semi regular basis but is a total non starter. The rental for even a secondary, small unit in Broadmead means that the amount of sales you’d have to make would be unrealistic to make it profitable. Ultimately we’re Bristol City, not Liverpool or Man City, and as such won’t be selling loads of shirts to floating fans. A Broadmead shop may up sales by 10% overall but most sales will be cannibalisation of what would be sold anyway.

The trick is to get the ground shop right. I’m just back from Copenhagen and visited both their ground and Malmö’s while there. Great stock levels, wide choice and in each store there was also museum type memorabilia dotted around - meant you looked around more, and gave the places an identity. The club mooted a museum in the past - that can’t be chargeable (wouldn’t make enough) so making it part of a revamped shop in the sporting quarter would be a great step forward.

Broadmead is not what it was and the club could see an opportunity in this. I would make it a shop and then space for the community trust to operate, especially considering the area is easily accessible by bus. There aren't enough affordable 'third spaces' these days and having something for families to come and access support or just a safe space would be a massive boost for the club and city, on top of what is already offered in South Bristol.

On a more anecdotal note I went to Birmingham a few years ago and saw a Villa club shop. It was busy with tourists and also created the sense that this was Villa's city. I have taken friends to AG and nearly all have left very disappointed by the club shop when they absolutely would have bought something if anything was available.

I agree with your points on the club shop although think that times are changing and the prospect of a shop/community space in the centre would be a real plus for an area that is in a real identity crisis and decline. 

2 hours ago, The Nest Egg said:

Broadmead is not what it was and the club could see an opportunity in this. I would make it a shop and then space for the community trust to operate, especially considering the area is easily accessible by bus. There aren't enough affordable 'third spaces' these days and having something for families to come and access support or just a safe space would be a massive boost for the club and city, on top of what is already offered in South Bristol.

On a more anecdotal note I went to Birmingham a few years ago and saw a Villa club shop. It was busy with tourists and also created the sense that this was Villa's city. I have taken friends to AG and nearly all have left very disappointed by the club shop when they absolutely would have bought something if anything was available.

I agree with your points on the club shop although think that times are changing and the prospect of a shop/community space in the centre would be a real plus for an area that is in a real identity crisis and decline. 

Just on your anecdote - Villa closed their club shop in Birmingham city centre a few years ago.

I don’t disagree Broadmead is not what it was but here’s an example of a unit to let - not in prime location, and between rent and rates you’re north of £100k before you even get to staff costs. If you assume minimum 3 staff at fully loaded cost of 50k each then you need to make 1/4m net before you break even (and that’s excluding heating, lighting etc). It is, regrettably, a total non starter.

https://m.search-prop.com/83-broadmead-bristol

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just on your anecdote - Villa closed their club shop in Birmingham city centre a few years ago.

I don’t disagree Broadmead is not what it was but here’s an example of a unit to let - not in prime location, and between rent and rates you’re north of £100k before you even get to staff costs. If you assume minimum 3 staff at fully loaded cost of 50k each then you need to make 1/4m net before you break even (and that’s excluding heating, lighting etc). It is, regrettably, a total non starter.

And they wonder why town centres are dying on their arses. I was talking to an estate agent the other day who is moving his office from the high street of a small Cornish town to a retail park as the costs of maintaining it, parking costs and everything else just made keeping it unsustainable.

They`ve been in their office for 100+ years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bugger! Consider myself told then

• Haha 1

The club have got the stock/sales so badly wrong in recent years

The profit/loss margins cannot justify a club an adult bench coat being £115 as one example. 

it presents they just want low stock and low sales each year rather than taking the approach of trying to make everyone who attends games being in some kind of item from the club shop by making the prices more affordable 

I got to say I turned up Friday with no receipt and an unwanted Christmas present. They gave me an exchange and change back into my account with no questions asked. That's great customer service in my opinion. 

When you look at the standard of teams they supply there is no surprise why our club shop is so poor. 

https://www.oneills.com/uk_en/shop-by-team/soccer/soccer-clubs.html?limit=120&p=1

I don't put all the blame on O'Neill's.. It was still poor with Hummel although much better quality home & away shirts

Something as simple as these would be good:

https://blues.clubstore.co.uk/nike-lifestyle

I apricate it's Nike and we're O'Neill's but the standard of designs and quality have been poor for as long as I can remember. We're not asking for Stone Island / CP Company designs etc as football fans we are probably reasonably easy to please and deserve much better!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

When you look at the standard of teams they supply there is no surprise why our club shop is so poor. 

https://www.oneills.com/uk_en/shop-by-team/soccer/soccer-clubs.html?limit=120&p=1

I don't put all the blame on O'Neill's.. It was still poor with Hummel although much better quality home & away shirts

Something as simple as these would be good:

https://blues.clubstore.co.uk/nike-lifestyle

I apricate it's Nike and we're O'Neill's but the standard of designs and quality have been poor for as long as I can remember. We're not asking for Stone Island / CP Company designs etc as football fans we are probably reasonably easy to please and deserve much better!

What is interesting on the O’Neills site is they have a few items that our store doesn’t seem to - don’t recall having seen this in stock for example…

IMG_2430.jpeg

6 hours ago, jj77 said:

I got to say I turned up Friday with no receipt and an unwanted Christmas present. They gave me an exchange and change back into my account with no questions asked. That's great customer service in my opinion. 

They were probably glad of the stock …..

• Haha 6

On 28/01/2024 at 10:37, The Wild Bunch said:

Can’t see any improvement in merchandise anytime soon.  Doesn’t seem to be on City’s radar unfortunately.  We have been talking about it for years - poor service,  poor designs and no stock!

It could be worse…

85F1903B-5067-4A59-906C-F4E9EA78DF7C.png

• Haha 2

While I’d never heard of Huboo before they took over shirt sponsorship, their association with the shambles that is trying to buy city merchandise these days means I wouldn’t knowingly use them for anything else. Given how little stock seems to exist, it’s unbelievable that something you either want to collect from the shop or want to have printed can’t be in the shop by opening time the day following order before 5pm 99.9% reliably. 

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Parkwaymom said:

While I’d never heard of Huboo before they took over shirt sponsorship, their association with the shambles that is trying to buy city merchandise these days means I wouldn’t knowingly use them for anything else. Given how little stock seems to exist, it’s unbelievable that something you either want to collect from the shop or want to have printed can’t be in the shop by opening time the day following order before 5pm 99.9% reliably. 

Am I right in thinking click and collect aren't packed in store they are posted from hubboo to the ground? 

I've ranted enough about this, but most of the issues are because of the following:

1. The Shop stock (and availability) is different & separate to online stock (and availability).
  2. All online orders are processed and fulfilled at Huboo warehouse, not the shop.
  3. You are unable to buy anything from the shop over the phone and have it dispatched to you.
  4. You are unable to reserve anything in the shop over the phone.
  5. Getting somebody to answer the phone in-store is nigh on impossible.
  6. Online orders cannot have personalisation (names/numbers) because online orders are processed at Huboo which has no printing facilities, and all stock can't be unwrapped during processing.
  7. Click and collect isn't processed in-store, it's processed at Huboo and sent to the club shop for collection.
  8. The shop staff have zero view of Huboo stock levels, and vice versa.

So, as an exile who has been trying, since last October, the simple act of buying a complete Pink goalkeeper kit for my 7yr old girl (as well as a complete black away kit or yellow third kit for my 10yr old boy), I have to:

1. Accept she can't have her name and number on the back, unless I can get somebody to go in-store for me, and the shop has stock to get it printed, which I then have reimburse the person and ask them to post it to me.
  2. Ring the shop periodically, which in itself is nigh on impossible to get an answer.
  3. Check online stock daily because there is no email notification option for restock.

The whole process is a farce and embarrassing... and all that's before you get onto the lack of actual stock being available, which I find mind-blowing! We are on an amazing cup run and pushing for promotion, yet there has been **** all Away/Third/Goalkeeper shirt/kit available for pretty much all ages & sizes since Summer last year!

It really really really shouldn't be this difficult. 🥵

Edited by kmpowell
  • Flames 1

On 27/01/2024 at 20:11, petehinton said:

I do wonder how much of that is due to the fact that the O’Neills supply is so poor, or in some cases so poorly sold I.e the awful vests and coaches wear, that they have to put out Bears stuff so that the shop isn’t basically half empty. 

There is nothing wrong with the supply.  It's all down to the club shop.

I went in there for last minute Christmas presents and asked the woman on the till (turns out could have been the manager) if they'd had any surprise stock arrive.  When she asked what I meant by "surprise", I clarified surprise as any kit related items as I'd not been able to get my little un a full home, away or third kit this year.  The response was staggering....so much so I need to put it on a separate line just to ensure it stands out!

They would not be getting any more kit in at all, because, I shit you not, they "didn't expect it all to sell as well as it did, and so the shop didn't want to order another load in in case it didn't sell, thereby undoing all the hard work on the initial run"!!!!

This is in the run up to Christmas.  For stock that had been limited in numbers initially anyway!  When I questioned why they wouldn't get a shipment of a high selling product in for the busiest shopping period of the year the response was that they were still learning the best way to do it!!!  It's ******* retail 101!  I kept forgetting to mention the conversation on here, so when I saw your comment Pete it provided the ideal place for it!

The retail arm of the business reeks of gross incompetence. 

• Haha 1

• Admin
19 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Am I right in thinking click and collect aren't packed in store they are posted from hubboo to the ground? 

Correct

Anything ordered online is sent direct from O'Neills, you would be better to get it sent to your home

Had to visit Exeter City’s Club Shop today to get a Kidderminster Harriers shirt printed up for a mate who has got cancer.

Lummydaze. It was like going back in time to the Beryl-era Club Shop! Proper Aladdin’s Cave. Well stocked, good range, quality products and, to top of off, 5-star customer service. 

Was chatting for some time to a couple of their staff. They are with Adidas, but have their via relationship with the supplier through a secondary Company, Pro-Direct (Newton Abbot). Claim never to have supply or quality issues.

A fan-owned Club who seem to have got their merchandising spot-on. Hmmm. 

After over half a season waiting around for stock to arrive, various emails/calls to the club shop each week/fortnight for stock updates, fielding the questions from my daughter(8) and son(10) about when their new kit might be coming... I've finally given up trying to give my money to the club, and instead ordered some copy kits from the internet for them both. A total of £28.30 (£14.15 each) for shirt/shorts and name & number printing.

I know they probably won't be as good, I know it's not morally right, but if my club (who I've supported in different ways for 30+ years) can't do basic things such as allow parents to buy shirts and kit for their kids, then why shouldn't I?!?

:(

• Like 4