IGNORED

Club shop

sticks 1969

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Rats in the club shop?

Can I order a rat burger - tail on, mouldy cheese, cheapest mayo possible all in in a stale bun, rock hard skinny chips - no salt and vinegar as I like healthy food, and an out of date Fanta on the side please?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red DNA said:

Can I order a rat burger - tail on, mouldy cheese, cheapest mayo possible all in in a stale bun, rock hard skinny chips - no salt and vinegar as I like healthy food, and an out of date Fanta on the side please?  

`We don`t serve food like that sir`

`Well, it`s what I had last week`

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Red DNA said:

Call it £20

9 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

The last two times I've been in the shop there's been more blue (Bears) on show than red.

It's like they're going out of ther way to take the piss 

I thought this.....not sure if its just the blue is creeping as the Red season elapses (and they aren't replening) - or whether it's a conscious choice.....I can't honestly give them the credit for any potential COA - think we are both giving them too much credit! 🤔 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

The last two times I've been in the shop there's been more blue (Bears) on show than red.

It's like they're going out of ther way to take the piss 

I do wonder how much of that is due to the fact that the O’Neills supply is so poor, or in some cases so poorly sold I.e the awful vests and coaches wear, that they have to put out Bears stuff so that the shop isn’t basically half empty. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Being the middle of winter thought I get a woolly hat…. And true to form they never had any but getting some more in soon so I’ll pop back in June 

I'm glad we got there in the end 

Friends of mine bought some before the Watford game, I'm guessing the cold weather in January (who'd have thought) caught them out? 

They're ava online so should get it in time for the Leeds game 

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/bcfclifestyle/accessories/hats-gloves/

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

I do wonder how much of that is due to the fact that the O’Neills supply is so poor, or in some cases so poorly sold I.e the awful vests and coaches wear, that they have to put out Bears stuff so that the shop isn’t basically half empty. 

But there should be stuff available that has no connection with whoever do the shirts. Wooly or bobble hats can be sold at any time , plain shirts and scarves , things that don't need a kit supplier to do. They then carry on whoever gets the deal and you have things available ALL the time. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGerWknNa/

I recall this interesting feature they've recently put out (worth a watch to be fair), right at the end of this first part they mention how the club shop stock is adjusted according to City/Bears playing. Rarely go into the shop these days, but wonder how accurate this statement actually is. 

22 minutes ago, Claverham_Red said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGerWknNa/

I recall this interesting feature they've recently put out (worth a watch to be fair), right at the end of this first part they mention how the club shop stock is adjusted according to City/Bears playing. Rarely go into the shop these days, but wonder how accurate this statement actually is. 

Whenever I’ve been in on non match days to pick up tickets etc it’s looked exactly the same to me tbh

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Nest Egg said:

Might look prettier than the old 'megastore' but nowhere near as good! Surprised the club/ BS Group don't have another small outlet in Broadmead all year round 

They used to but it was hardly ever used.

5 hours ago, The Nest Egg said:

Might look prettier than the old 'megastore' but nowhere near as good! Surprised the club/ BS Group don't have another small outlet in Broadmead all year round 

absolutely this, my uncle would regularly take me in there and we would both buy something just because we were there.ive probably got 10 -15 different scarves over the years. home shirt start of season and then the away one or 3rd kit when they were half price. those were the days

6 hours ago, The Nest Egg said:

This gets suggested on a semi regular basis but is a total non starter. The rental for even a secondary, small unit in Broadmead means that the amount of sales you’d have to make would be unrealistic to make it profitable. Ultimately we’re Bristol City, not Liverpool or Man City, and as such won’t be selling loads of shirts to floating fans. A Broadmead shop may up sales by 10% overall but most sales will be cannibalisation of what would be sold anyway.

The trick is to get the ground shop right. I’m just back from Copenhagen and visited both their ground and Malmö’s while there. Great stock levels, wide choice and in each store there was also museum type memorabilia dotted around - meant you looked around more, and gave the places an identity. The club mooted a museum in the past - that can’t be chargeable (wouldn’t make enough) so making it part of a revamped shop in the sporting quarter would be a great step forward.

• Like 7

The old shop round by the atyeo, those were great memories, queuing up to get in there on a match day, stationery set for school, car sticker for the bedroom window... now going in the new shop is pointless tbh, minimal overpriced #### basically. 

Contradicting myself slightly  it was bears v bath on Saturday, so maybe they were gearing up for the day trippers here...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm glad we got there in the end 

Friends of mine bought some before the Watford game, I'm guessing the cold weather in January (who'd have thought) caught them out? 

They're ava online so should get it in time for the Leeds game 

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/bcfclifestyle/accessories/hats-gloves/

Thanks marks 

but what I’m saying the hats are not like the shirts that have a certain shelf like so why not just a load in stock surely there’s room to store them some where . And the lady that runs it I’d ******* sack she is rude and absolutely unless ,another employee sucking the owners dick 

• Like 3

It’s always been way below the standard of most comparable Championship clubs shops. It’s waaay too small.

Just before Xmas two  g’sons of one of my travel pals  aged around 9 and 11 wanted two City scarfs - guess what? they didn’t have any…….they were so disappointed……….:(

Who’s in charge? Surely it’s their responsibility to ensure that the shop is adequately stocked.

In my mind, surely having a decent range and availability is the first step. 

Seeing what’s being sold online will give a decent idea of what gets to have a presence on the racks of the dismal store. 

Ultimately this topic is moot as the owner seemingly has no compulsion to improve the merchandise offering. 

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The trick is to get the ground shop right. I’m just back from Copenhagen and visited both their ground and Malmö’s while there. Great stock levels, wide choice and in each store there was also museum type memorabilia dotted around - meant you looked around more, and gave the places an identity. The club mooted a museum in the past - that can’t be chargeable (wouldn’t make enough) so making it part of a revamped shop in the sporting quarter would be a great step forward.

The shop at West Ham had the old gates from Upton Park in which was a nice feature. Hopefully phase two of the redevelopment has a new shop built into the design, even over two floors. 

Personally I don't see how difficult it would be to swap the merchandise around based on who is playing. A couple of clothing rack on wheels, an hours worth of time , and somewhere to store it is all it would take. Keep it mixed during the week. Much more space for different variety of items, makes it feel more like a 'home' club shop. 

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

Thanks marks 

but what I’m saying the hats are not like the shirts that have a certain shelf like so why not just a load in stock surely there’s room to store them some where . And the lady that runs it I’d ******* sack she is rude and absolutely unless ,another employee sucking the owners dick 

I take it your not a fan of her then sticks 😂

• Like 1

nothing to do with the shop BUT
With the hopefully growing and younger fanbase would it not be a good idea to start running ground tours aka some of the bigger clubs I’m sure it would again add another dimension to attracting the future fan . This could happen on match days from about 10am as long as well organised you could do this whilst keeping out every bodies way whilst seeing what goes on behind the scenes . Finished off with a buffet lunch and perhaps a non match day player Injured etc ( Naismith most weeks 😂)  doesn’t have to be hundreds at a time make a small party of about 15-20 with a parent and charge about £20 I’m sure it would be very popular . 

11 minutes ago, redkev said:

nothing to do with the shop BUT
With the hopefully growing and younger fanbase would it not be a good idea to start running ground tours aka some of the bigger clubs I’m sure it would again add another dimension to attracting the future fan . This could happen on match days from about 10am as long as well organised you could do this whilst keeping out every bodies way whilst seeing what goes on behind the scenes . Finished off with a buffet lunch and perhaps a non match day player Injured etc ( Naismith most weeks 😂)  doesn’t have to be hundreds at a time make a small party of about 15-20 with a parent and charge about £20 I’m sure it would be very popular . 

It says “coming soon” to both on the webpage. Its long overdue I reckon, would be great!