IGNORED

Ross McCrorie

Charlie BCFC

15 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

I still don't understand why Manning doesn't play Nahki with Tommy. I know it's not necessarily the way he wants the team to play but it's obvious Tommy is missing  his partner.

Agreed, at some point we need to score some goals, the ones most likely to score are conway, bell, sykes and wells, with twine as a supplier/ scorer in behind them. Im quite sure wells isnt the future, and i also appreciate that mehmeti is working hard for the team but offers practically no goal threat, but getting 3/4 of the above players on the pitch together is our best chance of scoring goals/ winning games.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Under Manning it seem to be harder and harder to think about formations in our normal way.

I’d definitely say the last few games have been based on a back three and WBs (McCrorie / Bell and Pring on the sides of Tanner, Dickie and Vyner), but in other games although I saw it as a back four, it’s lopsided nature makes our traditional view difficult.

Southampton (a) was a back three imho, Huddersfield (a) also.

But I’m starting to refresh my thinking (hard as it is to do so) to really looking at shape in build up, shape in defence.

The 442 with Knight and Conway was definitely a w/o the ball shape, but Knight was too fluid when we had the ball to call it 442.

Nightmare, eh? 🤣

And Twine complicates it further.

In a good way, more options (but those options are in the mind of LM).

:noexp:

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Define 4-4-2?

Not sure I'd call Knight up with or behind Conway a 4-4-2 tbh if that's what you mean.

I suppose what I was attempting to illustrate was that Tommy (on the basis of those games and the line ups)  seems to do better with some alongside him, who happened to be Knight, on those occasions. 

35 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

And Twine complicates it further.

In a good way, more options (but those options are in the mind of LM).

:noexp:

Yep...and if we get a 'Big CF' whatever that means...Famara/ Diony comes to mind, it becomes even more ' Clubs in the bag'. 

It's getting more LJ like by the day...

9 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I suppose what I was attempting to illustrate was that Tommy (on the basis of those games and the line ups)  seems to do better with some alongside him, who happened to be Knight, on those occasions. 

Sure but the 2 seem fundamentally different. Had it been Conway and Weimann or even Conway and Cornick it could have been similar but different again.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Which for me questions Tinnion. As I understand it we’ve been recruiting players to play a certain way so that should changes occur, it isn’t a radical one. However, Manning appears chalk and cheese from Pearson other than the fact that the outcomes have pretty much been the same. 

Well it does. I am not questioning Manning per se, but taken to the extreme of what I was trying to explain, it would be like putting Klopp in charge of Man City, and Pep in at Liverpool. It would be nonsense, but both are amazing managers. At the weekend it was noted how Liverpool will be using extensive data analysis to identify the replacement of Klopp, to ensure that there is a match-up with the current approach/squad, that they have assembled and developed from top to bottom. Pretty much what Brighton have done as well.

I contend Manning is the wrong appointment, more so for him. He should be at Swansea, not BCFC. If we move to a back 3 (5) as a fundamental, which is neither right or wrong in football terms, it confirms that Tinnion has hired the wrong person. 

Edited by RollsRoyce
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sure but the 2 seem fundamentally different. Had it been Conway and Weimann or even Conway and Cornick it could have been similar but different again.

Yeah agree as I said there’d be lots of other factors to look at, as to why we won those games and actually scored a lot more goals than we currently are. 

I think people are right about formation and at any time in the game you’d have a job working out what the formation is anyway. I just feel Tommy gets lost in amongst defenders, as a lone striker and my concern is how the lack of goals may start to undermine him. 

I think its more important to get the right people in certain positions.

When we can replace Tanner with Naismith or Atkinson it improves the passing out from the back, or the ability to run forward/break the lines with the ball.

If we get Knight back into Centre midfield (now Twine has joined) it will give us more energy in the middle of the pitch, and another player who can make late runs into the box.

These 2 simple yet possible player tweaks will add a much needed attacking impetus to our team, without the need for splashing the cash

• Flames 1