IGNORED

Alex Pritchard and Sunderland

Leveller

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Had Coventry sacked Robins at his lowest ebb this season, then I doubt they would be back right in the mix for the playoffs. A young and trendy up and coming boss..?

Since he abandoned his long held back 3, 2 PPG and 1 or 2 losses only, in 18 games.

That and losing his 2 best players over the summer, including the top scorer. And he has even got Kasey Palmer looking like a Championship midfielder. Must be a miracle worker!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

That and losing his 2 best players over the summer, including the top scorer. And he has even got Kasey Palmer looking like a Championship midfielder. Must be a miracle worker!

Although having 25 million plus to spend plus a very healthy wage budget too must also help! 

Imagine if we would have given Nige the Alex Scott money in the summer! 

• Like 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Although having 25 million plus to spend plus a very healthy wage budget too must also help! 

Imagine if we would have given Nige the Alex Scott money in the summer! 

But will Coventry regret not having a nest egg? Of course they ****ing won’t!

Pretty sure we'll never see JL and BT taking decisive action and taking full accountability for their reckless decisions. 

"We are disappointed that Michael is leaving Sunderland AFC," Speakman said in a club statement. "Our desire is to improve and unfortunately that hasn’t been evident, as such we take full accountability and feel that acting decisively is in the best interests of the Club.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Pretty sure we'll never see JL and BT taking decisive action and taking full accountability for their reckless decisions. 

"We are disappointed that Michael is leaving Sunderland AFC," Speakman said in a club statement. "Our desire is to improve and unfortunately that hasn’t been evident, as such we take full accountability and feel that acting decisively is in the best interests of the Club.

suppose we have to wait until they make one

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Sunderland fans have gone into meltdown (even worse than on here) following their disastrous loss against Swansea. They got what they wanted with Beale being sacked and seem to be even worse.

The root cause of their issues is/was the untimely and unwarranted sacking of Mowbray in the first instance.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

The root cause of their issues is/was the untimely and unwarranted sacking of Mowbray in the first instance.

Just shows how much damage making an unpopular decision and then replacing him with unpopular choice can cause! 

Once a fanbase turns toxic it radiates through the club and it can take a long time to sort out!

• Like 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Just shows how much damage making an unpopular decision and then replacing him with unpopular choice can cause! 

Once a fanbase turns toxic it radiates through the club and it can take a long time to sort out!

Screenshot_20240225-233029_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f3c0b25648ae48ffca0e5dc5881a4022.jpg

A name we all know!

I do agree with you, sacking a popular manager for no discernible reason at the very least can split the fans...and tbh can damage the club.

Birmingham...Eustace > Rooney >Mowbray

Millwall...Rowett > Edwards > Harris

These two may or may not pull their initial errors out of the fire. There is no doubt that the changes were foolish and seriously detrimental on the pitch however.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Screenshot_20240225-233029_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f3c0b25648ae48ffca0e5dc5881a4022.jpg

A name we all know!

I do agree with you, sacking a popular manager for no discernible reason at the very least can split the fans...and tbh can damage the club.

Birmingham...Eustace > Rooney >Mowbray

Millwall...Rowett > Edwards > Harris

These two may or may not pull their initial errors out of the fire. There is no doubt that the changes were foolish and seriously detrimental on the pitch however.

A lot of fans were asking for Mowbray to be sacked when results weren't going well, they only had regrets once Beale was appointed in his place!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

8 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

A lot of fans were asking for Mowbray to be sacked when results weren't going well, they only had regrets once Beale was appointed in his place!

That would be interesting to look at, think a majority would've been shocked and dismayed..bigger issue for them ie Sunderland would've been not deviating from the strategy just a bit IMO.

9 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

The vast majority of them were pro mowbray. Your statement is a fabrication

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That would be interesting to look at, think a majority would've been shocked and dismayed..bigger issue for them ie Sunderland would've been not deviating from the strategy just a bit IMO.

30 minutes ago, frenchred said:

The vast majority of them were pro mowbray. Your statement is a fabrication

I know this doesn't fit with either of your agendas but I keep tabs on Sunderland as one of my mates is a big fan of theirs, so I know you probably haven't been checking their site like I have. Below is a typical post just before he left:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/tony-mowbray-post-match.1620617/

Edited by ashton_fan
  • Thanks 1

I know some on here will enjoy this.
Michael Beale has apparently been caught using 'fake' Twitter accounts to defend himself .
An account called Player ID posted Tweets defending the ex manager, thing is someone did some digging and found it was an old account of his . Not seen the podcast before, but worth a look. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Michael Beale has apparently been caught using 'fake' Twitter accounts to defend himself .
An account called Player ID posted Tweets defending the ex manager, thing is someone did some digging and found it was an old account of his . Not seen the podcast before, but worth a look. 

Bristol Rob is the best person on this Forum.

Edited by Bristol Rob
Arse. Wrong login.
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

To be fair he has never hidden from this. He tweets from ‘Player ID’ but in his own personal bio he states he is the one behind Player ID.

Some fool made out they were Sherlock Holmes to work this out when it was in his bio all the time.