IGNORED

WBA v Wolves - game suspended

INCRED

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

The only surprise is this happened in the ground. My guess is Wolves fans in the WBA stand/s. Always going to be a spiky, on the edge atmosphere. 

Heard from a WBA mate, that some West Brom fans sold their tickets for profit to Wolves fans. 

• Facepalm 1

If they were in the wrong end I am not sure that doing that at a sell out local derby is worth it. You can't celebrate a goal, or if you do you risk starting a riot and you can't move easily away.

Back in the day we would see fans marched from one terrace to another around the touchline but with all seating that can't be done. 

It might seem a good idea at the outset, hindsight would suggest not though.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Seen a lot of videos on social media but nothing in terms of fans fighting. Mainly scuffles with the police and one bloke having his head smashed open, presumably from the police.

Pretty poor if Wolves fans have got tickets in the home areas. How on earth that can happen in this day and age is beyond me.  It looks like a lot as well & of course, its not like the friendly West Midlands constabulary would like to miss out on a bit of afters is it. Why on earth would home fans want to miss out and sell their tickets on a match like this?

Without condoning it, for one away fans in home ends is a technical breach of Ground Regulations and it the law I thought.

Secondly, is just the best of sense if you do watch from a home end to keep quiet ie silent.

Rights and wrongs are a separate issue but this is broadly how it plays out.

Especially at West Brom v Wolves e.g. or an equivalent.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Presumably the vast majority, if not all home tickets sold to ST holders and members? Imagine being a season ticket holder and selling your ticket for the first derby game in 12 years to a fan of your local rivals. The mind boggles.

And neither set of supporters could pronounce the word "bus" normally...

Moving on, this is a rare derby game between two teams whose supporters hate each other.  I know it's sad and I'm certainly not excusing the perpetrators, but the cops and stewards should've been more prepared for aggro.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Not sure how some of these chaps would have gone in the eighties if 'this is the worst I've ever seen'...

Hype headlining to attract youtube views...big time, my arse! That lad needs to wipe the bum fluff of his top lip and concentrate on getting some GCSEs! 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Not sure how some of these chaps would have gone in the eighties if 'this is the worst I've ever seen'...

Relative to what we normally see at games, that's pretty bad. You almost sound nostalgic for the days of riots on the terraces...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

In the videos I watched last night, the crowd was almost entirely grown men. One or 2 women, hardly a child in sight fortunately.

Not what the game is aiming for. Yes, I saw worse when I was a teenager, but I wouldn't want my family caught up in that, whether mild 'compared to the 70/80s' or not.

There were children and one of the WBA players rushed to get his kids out of there. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13016031/West-Brom-Wolves-Kyle-Bartley-Black-Country-Derby-children.html

10 hours ago, 2015 said:

Maybe they should of played the game at 8:45am instead 😂

I did think it was daft that at least one pub was opening at 5.30am and plenty of others were opening a good few hours before the match! Then coupled with away fans in home end.