IGNORED

Not Championship standard

Alan Dicks

5 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

I suggest that it's you who is the clown!

Apparently you call someone a clown and that means you are real fan with a proper mindset that doesn’t put up with mediocrity (unfortunately we have to put up with what the ownership gives us like it or not). Everyone else is a Happy Clapper……

• Like 4

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Well Brian Tinnion who is still here did. 

Cornick impressed earlier on in the season. He's more of a Pearson type of player than a Manning type of player. 

When on earth did he impress? He's been a poor signing.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 95red said:

No pissed off ,bread & butter save ,but let's be happy  with a point .We won't ever get anywhere  with all you happy  clappers .

That wasn’t a bread and butter save. It was fierce and moving and through a group of players. The only thing he did wrong was get the wrong side of the ball.   The throwing that we gave away and how we switched off just before was the problem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bodiesaffer said:

That wasn’t a bread and butter save. It was fierce and moving and through a group of players. The only thing he did wrong was get the wrong side of the ball.   The throwing that we gave away and how we switched off just before was the problem.

As somebody who played goalie, this this this.

If the player had smashed it in the corner, we would be moaning quite rightly about switching off, how much time he had to line his shot up with space etc. No way a goal up should he have had that much space with minutes to go.

It was a bad error by Max then. His shape was to gather the ball up and he got it wrong. He will know that but if you give a player space to shoot stuff can happen. We would have been delighted with a deflected shot winner a couple of minutes later.

22 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Bit harsh - I think Mehmeti played well against the Premier League sides

I agree, it is harsh. He’s a talented footballer but he can get found too easily and become anonymous. His decision making and positional play are also poor.

He played well at times against Prem opposition, but a number of lower level players do in the cup. Week in, week out he’s a different story.

I predict him being on the bench for the majority of his remaining City career, then dropping back down a level and probably excelling again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Seeing Cauley Woodrow scoring for Luton last week and Smodics smashing it at Blackburn suggests that the ‘standards’ problem is sometimes with our club and not the player.

I often think this too, though it’s hard to say without knowing the specific situation. Dropping down a level from City could have been the kick up the arse they both needed to start focussing and using their talent... or we could have completely stuffed up their development.

I think that whole “clubs in a bag” era attracted a few too many journeymen and also momentarily hindered the careers of some very promising players - like Szmodics and Woodrow. As a club now, I do think we’re very good at spotting and bringing through talent.

18 hours ago, cityexile said:

As somebody who played goalie, this this this.

If the player had smashed it in the corner, we would be moaning quite rightly about switching off, how much time he had to line his shot up with space etc. No way a goal up should he have had that much space with minutes to go.

It was a bad error by Max then. His shape was to gather the ball up and he got it wrong. He will know that but if you give a player space to shoot stuff can happen. We would have been delighted with a deflected shot winner a couple of minutes later.

The shot was hit 1st time.  Dipped and bounced one the 6 yard box at pace.  We could have defended a lot better prior.  Yes it will go down as a mistake from Max.  Difficult one to hold onto.