IGNORED

Not Championship standard

Alan Dicks

Just now, Rob k said:

But it should have been 3, so we should be pissed off as we have gifted them 2 goals. I’d be amazed if the manager isn’t fuming. 

I’m not fuming or pissed off. A bit frustrated that we could have won the game but overall would have taken that at 7.45pm as would most. If Manning is fuming that’s him doing his job that he’s handsomely paid for. I’m off to bed soon and I won’t lose a single bit of sleep over that result.

I hope a few are able to calm down and get a good nights Kip at some point tonight. If not, sort yer life out!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

But it should have been 3, so we should be pissed off as we have gifted them 2 goals. I’d be amazed if the manager isn’t fuming. 

Keeper was at fault for both imo. I know it's harsh and I know a lot of fans love Max and don't want to scapegoat or have negativity because of a good draw, but that should have been a win. Seriously frustrating, and I think if we are to kick on in this league we need to replace and upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Keeper was at fault for both imo. I know it's harsh and I know a lot of fans love Max and don't want to scapegoat or have negativity because of a good draw, but that should have been a win. Seriously frustrating, and I think if we are to kick on in this league we need to replace and upgrade.

The second, yes.

The first? No chance.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

48 minutes ago, 95red said:

He saves decent  shots any other championship  keeper would ,where he fails is he makes more mistakes  than other championship  keepers. He's league  1

Actually statistically Max is a more then fair Championship keeper & ranks in the top half 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Amazing to think that the manager everyone pines over gave him a 3 and a half year contract 🤣🤣

Don't know what else people expected Pearson to do with the peanuts that he had to spend to be honest.. On paper Cornick looked a decent signing, not working out for him here for whatever reason admittedly but to slate Pearson for taking a low risk gamble on a player that had done well at this level with Luton is laughable IMO.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Agreed.  Hope Manning is allowed to get rid of the new dead wood, ie those passed it and those who won’t ever get there.

Bell seems to have lost all confidence under Manning. 

Manning was brought in here to improve the players we have. So in my opinion he needs to find a way of getting the best out of players like Bell. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Amazing to think that the manager everyone pines over gave him a 3 and a half year contract 🤣🤣

Well Brian Tinnion who is still here did. 

Cornick impressed earlier on in the season. He's more of a Pearson type of player than a Manning type of player. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Mehmeti is the only one I agree isn’t Championship standard.

He strikes me as a player who has been the best at every level he’s played and now that he isn’t, he doesn’t know how to act.

Clearly very talented with the ball, but can get worked out far too easily. Hopefully he’s a case of “not Championship quality yet”.

Bell, I think has got worse since Manning came in. I believe he’ll make it at a higher standard than mid-table champ.

Cornick makes things difficult for the opposition. I’d guarantee that defenders at this level hate playing against him. I think about his missed sitter on debut and do wonder if it could have been very different for him here.

It wasn't that long ago that Zak wasn't championship standard & even more recently Conway needed a loan in league 1.

What does the phrase even mean? If so many aren't at the standard needed why are we so middling & not so relegation threatened?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Grow up ffs😂😂 I’m certainly no happy clapper that’s for sure but I’m mature enough not to totally lose it over earning a point at a top 6 side bang in form.

By all means have the last word…..

Grow up f off ,be happy accepting  week in  week out mistakes  just like the lansdowns  we will never progress, top management  won't let it happen this ,mid table achievers & fans who think it's ok, have some ambition  ffs to improve  and not put up with a mediocre  squad .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bris Red said:

On paper Cornick looked a decent signing, not working out for him here for whatever reason admittedly but to slate Pearson for taking a low risk gamble on a player that had done well at this level with Luton is laughable IMO.

Oh no he didn’t!

I wouldn't use the word "clown" to describe Max as he can be brilliant.  But he can also be poor.

He's clearly worked on his distribution and it is improving but early season his clearances were going 6 foot above Pring into touch.  He can flap at crosses, misjudge shots from distance (last night being an example) or do the unfathomable.

However, credit where it's due, he can also pull off some stunning reactive saves that keep us in games.  How do we solve a problem like O'Leary?

On balance, is he a top 6 keeper?  No.  Could he be?  Yes.  I think he has most of the tools in his kitbag but needs to apply them consistently.

• Like 4

Bell needs to go out on loan he is not championship quality yet but as we have such a small squad we have to include him in the 1st team squad  The size of the squad doesnt allow for injuries and we have to chuck kids in that' may never actually ever get on the pitch ie: Knight-Lebel Nelson these young uns ought to be out playing elsewhere on loan not sat on our bench watching games

Edited by westonred

I can’t be bothered to read the O’Leary threads. Has anyone actually said WHO this keeper is that doesn’t make mistakes, wants to join Bristol City and is affordable?

I’m still of the mind that Max is an average Championship keeper playing in an average championship side.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

Mehmeti is the only one I agree isn’t Championship standard.

He strikes me as a player who has been the best at every level he’s played and now that he isn’t, he doesn’t know how to act.

Clearly very talented with the ball, but can get worked out far too easily. Hopefully he’s a case of “not Championship quality yet”.

Bell, I think has got worse since Manning came in. I believe he’ll make it at a higher standard than mid-table champ.

Cornick makes things difficult for the opposition. I’d guarantee that defenders at this level hate playing against him. I think about his missed sitter on debut and do wonder if it could have been very different for him here.

Bit harsh - I think Mehmeti played well against the Premier League sides