IGNORED

Alternative Universe

Port Said Red

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

This place has been like an alternative universe ever since Pearson went.

Away from OTIB, so far as I could tell the main response to Pearson leaving was "That's a shame, I quite liked him. However, he's had a fair crack of the whip and we don't really look like going anywhere so why not try something new?" among City supporting friends and people around me in the stadiumat least. On here it was akin to people thinking the Lansdowns had cackled evilly as their 25 year plan to deny City certain promotion to the Premier League came to fruition.

The next thing that happened was people took everything said by the club hierarchy in the aftermath seriously! People in football bullshit all the time, but when the people here said we had a squad capable of challenging for promotion it was suddenly all deliberately made up lies to be used against them for years to come when in reality don't most clubs hope they have a squad capable of challenging? What would be the point otherwise unless you are a seriously small fish in a big pond? Somehow this then dragged Brian Tinnion into the axis of evil at the head of our club.

It is still a rare thread on here that doesn't include people complaining still about Pearson leaving, or cynically referring to our team as a 'top 6 squad'. It's tedious and unfortunately shows no signs of diminishing as the groupthink still holds sway in here.

I like OTIB, it’s well laid out, clear and easy to use with a good range of topics up for discussion.. However. it is good to take a step back and a breather because it can very easily convince you that it is the hive mind of how are entire fan base feels and it can make you feel extremely angry and hopeless at the nonsense conspiracy theories and OTT reactions to seemingly everything. But then you go to an actual game and it’s completely normal and you feel lighter.

a good point on people taking the club output as gospel unbreakable promises, like they have never engaged in the real world.. WHAT you are telling me Gillette might NOT be the best a man can get????!!!!

Edited by Fjmcity
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, winsaw said:

Totally agree couldn't believe the amount of stick Max was getting from a small number of members last night, makes a mistake and now not good enough for league 1 🤣 he's won us more points than he's lost us this year,

Can you back this up? I recall the Sunderland game, two worldie saves. 

What other games has he won us points?

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I feel like I have stepped into one this morning.

Yesterday afternoon, the consensus of opinion was that we were going to get a hammering by an in form Coventry side who had far too much for us, our only decent player was out injured, and people were still pining for the previous Manager on every thread.

I then sat and watched an excellent display by the remaining players where they made the previously rampant Coventry side look average and got a deserved point. If not for a poor fumble from our otherwise excellent goalkeeper, we would have got all three.

I was a bit surprised to come on here and find that we seemed to have lost 0-5 at home to Rotherham and that every other player was out of their depth, even the ones who had put in previously excellent displays against Premiership opposition. 

Added to that we seem to have been infiltrated by a couple of keyboard warriors straight out of a Danny Dyer film, which makes everything seem even more surreal.

This is no less ridiculous than the over-negative reactions. Excellent my Arsenal! It was decent in parts, less so in others.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I feel like I have stepped into one this morning.

Yesterday afternoon, the consensus of opinion was that we were going to get a hammering by an in form Coventry side who had far too much for us, our only decent player was out injured, and people were still pining for the previous Manager on every thread.

I then sat and watched an excellent display by the remaining players where they made the previously rampant Coventry side look average and got a deserved point. If not for a poor fumble from our otherwise excellent goalkeeper, we would have got all three.

I was a bit surprised to come on here and find that we seemed to have lost 0-5 at home to Rotherham and that every other player was out of their depth, even the ones who had put in previously excellent displays against Premiership opposition. 

Added to that we seem to have been infiltrated by a couple of keyboard warriors straight out of a Danny Dyer film, which makes everything seem even more surreal.

Last night wasn’t excellent. I get people are just negative but let’s not go the complete opposite as that doesn’t help either. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Without casting any judgement on the rights or wrongs of this viewpoint, what likelihood do you think this has of actually happening?

Less than zero, I would imagine, but they may need to stand up and be counted before the season is out, if our current trajectory continues.

12 hours ago, winsaw said:

Totally agree couldn't believe the amount of stick Max was getting from a small number of members last night, makes a mistake and now not good enough for league 1 🤣 he's won us more points than he's lost us this year,

Just feel some need to get a grip a point against a very good in form side going for the play offs is an excellent result ,

Again we played really well yesterday the win will come don't panic 🤣

Has he really won us more points than he lost us though? I seem to be reading this on more and more occasions, if he wasn’t regularly losing us points why do people keep having to say this? 

Yes he probably is good enough if we’re happy staying as a mid table team, but if the club really are serious about mounting a playoff/promotion challenge anytime soon(which they feel this squad is capable of) they need a keeper who’s going to cut out these mistakes.

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The thing is, performances usually align to results. Not always but it often happens.

By which I mean the 2 can catch up..If a side are riding their luck but results are strong the two will often eventually align and perhaps over correct.

Vice versa if playing well but results poor to mediocre.

Problem is here, it's hard to know exactly where we are at..performances have been varied, results have been varied under Manning. For Coventry and Watford away, we have Millwall and Norwich at home.

pm sent👍👍

18 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Away from OTIB, so far as I could tell the main response to Pearson leaving was "That's a shame, I quite liked him. However, he's had a fair crack of the whip and we don't really look like going anywhere so why not try something new?" among City supporting friends and people around me in the stadiumat least. On here it was akin to people thinking the Lansdowns had cackled evilly as their 25 year plan to deny City certain promotion to the Premier League came to fruition.

The next thing that happened was people took everything said by the club hierarchy in the aftermath seriously! People in football bullshit all the time, but when the people here said we had a squad capable of challenging for promotion it was suddenly all deliberately made up lies to be used against them for years to come when in reality don't most clubs hope they have a squad capable of challenging? What would be the point otherwise unless you are a seriously small fish in a big pond? Somehow this then dragged Brian Tinnion into the axis of evil at the head of our club.

It is still a rare thread on here that doesn't include people complaining still about Pearson leaving, or cynically referring to our team as a 'top 6 squad'. It's tedious and unfortunately shows no signs of diminishing as the groupthink still holds sway in here.

Are you saying when the people who run the club came out and say things, we should just ignore it because they bullshit? And that’s okay?

not for me. I’d rather to hold them to account.

18 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Are you saying when the people who run the club came out and say things, we should just ignore it because they bullshit? And that’s okay?

not for me. I’d rather to hold them to account.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

As regards the overall picture, I still think the extra cup games will bite us a bit. Even playing a Friday instead of Saturday, still affecting the legs and minor niggles. Hope to be proven wrong and determined to enjoy the cup run and the extra focus it brings on the club. 

In a typical season I’d agree.

However we aren’t making the top six & we’re not getting relegated either (the bottom four very rarely win) so the extra cash & attention is welcome & if we could beat Forest (though I doubt we will) the Man U game would be another brilliant occasion.

I was really disappointed we sacked Pearson but we did & so although I have zero respect for our chairman & Tinnion (& to the poster above incredulous that some now dislike him, boy are you naïve), we do have to move on.

There is a lot of ridiculous negativity, this obsession we have a worse injury record (we don’t), this pouncing on certain players after any mistake, an inability to see that Pearson when he signed Cornick for instance was given £300k to replace a £10m player (yet some on here definitely know how he could have done that so much better).

Midweek was a decent performance against the division’s form team (those saying they were poor, stop for a second & ask if we just might have played a part in that).

I suppose it was ever thus, certain posters are mental, but it does seem a bit worse on here at present.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

.........Midweek was a decent performance against the division’s form team (those saying they were poor, stop for a second & ask if we just might have played a part in that).

I suppose it was ever thus, certain posters are mental, but it does seem a bit worse on here at present.

Yes, personally I don't like the threads that individually criticise players as 'not up to standard' or treat a situation like a computer game.

Having said that, I get that 5 minutes after a game, maybe away after taking time off work and spending a lot of money, passions will run high. So, I try not to judge OTIB either!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1