IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

2 minutes ago, Better Red said:

MoM so far 

Only reason we are not 2 down 

Only because the rest have been incredibly poor.

Leeds have had 6 shots.

2 off target, 1 blocked.

One of the saves was right at him, the other was a very good bit of reactions, but very fortunate for the ball to bounce over the bar from that position and was also right at him.

The other save I genuinely don't remember- in fact it just came up in the highlights and guess what... it was straight at him.

I realise this won't go down well with his fan club who can't bare anything other than effusive praise for him, but saying the shots were at him isn't a knock on Max (though it will probably be claimed as such), it's the reality of them.

He's done all he needs to do right, and so is doing well, but the reason Leeds aren't ahead is down to poor finishing rather than good goalkeeping.

• Facepalm 1

Only having 2 in midfield has cost us so far, especially with the Leeds players being a step quicker across the pitch. 
Summerville on tanners heels the whole half and it nearly cost us.

Feel like we need 3 in the middle just to gain some control, thought knight and Mccrorie have both done well. Spun their man a couple of times but there’s no support whenever they go forward. 

LM needs to change something, wonder what he’ll do!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Manning needs to come up with some change at half time otherwise it’s only going way.

Need something to change in formation. 

Maybe bring on Cornick (cant believe I am saying it) and go long down the side and hope for a bit of luck with a flick on for Conway.

Not easy against a team that are clearly better than us in almost every position.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

They're a better team than us, there's no disgrace in that given the difference in resources, but we really aren't helping ourselves. 

Yep, error strewn! Our confidence seemed to go after about 5 minutes. I'd take a point!

• Like 1

We still got the patterns and behaviours so we'll be alright. 

They're pressing us man for man at every opportunity and we're not being brave enough on the ball to ride the challenge and play positively. 

Think every player has had the ball pinched off them. That Firpo is a liability defensively and the one time we got at him we won a freekick. 

We are frightened they are going to get caught out but if we don't step up they'll eventually take a chance. 

Edited by ProfitInMyPocket
Just now, George Rs said:

Only having 2 in midfield has cost us so far, especially with the Leeds players being a step quicker across the pitch. 
Summerville on tanners heels the whole half and it nearly cost us.

Feel like we need 3 in the middle just to gain some control, thought knight and Mccrorie have both done well. Spun their man a couple of times but there’s no support whenever they go forward. 

LM needs to change something, wonder what he’ll do!

We've got the same three players in the centre of the pitch as we have alllllllll season. We have less players out wide

4 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

Leeds look a good side, and of course, are at the top end  of the form league and confident, we are at the bottom and it shows, hesitant and lacking fluidity. But, we are not losing, have not conceded. Some adjustments are needed to the set up at half time, and it is very much all to play for. Leeds may have been better, but they have not scored due to some great work by Max. We have seen before, if you do not take your chances it can cost you. So all to play for.

Ground looks empty for a sell out. 

Leeds aren't ahead because of appalling finishing.

• Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, YorkshireSection said:

Having a good game thus far, too inconsistent for my liking however.

No shame in holding a very good Leeds team to a draw at HT, id take a point at full time. 

No shame? Our ability to give the ball away time after time and never win a 50 50 is in fact full of shame. 

2 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Leeds have had 6 shots.

2 off target, 1 blocked.

One of the saves was right at him, the other was a very good bit of reactions, but very fortunate for the ball to bounce over the bar from that position and was also right at him.

The other save I genuinely don't remember- in fact it just came up in the highlights and guess what... it was straight at him.

I realise this won't go down well with his fan club who can't bare anything other than effusive praise for him, but saying the shots were at him isn't a knock on Max (though it will probably be claimed as such), it's the reality of them.

He's done all he needs to do right, and so is doing well, but the reason Leeds aren't ahead is down to poor finishing rather than good goalkeeping.

In fairness to Max not just because the rest have struggled.

He has done well.

I was the one who said I was a Anti -Maxer when was Max was playing during covid and I have to say he is proving me wrong more and more each week.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Pring is finding himself in plenty of space on the left when we have the ball on the right but we're failing to get the ball over to him. Need to switch the ball to move the players about the pitch. We're too one dimensional. 

Agree, and it’s not like we’re getting any joy down the right. Far from it. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Leeds have had 6 shots.

2 off target, 1 blocked.

So what you are saying is he got his positioning perfect so he was in the perfect place to make the save look easy , just shows what a good keeper he's become,

1 minute ago, The turtle said:

Leeds are showing the levels needed to play this kind of football. And the money required to be very very good at it 

They've also showed what happens when you aren't clinical. As the end of the half showed, We are still in the game.

We've made it very easy for Leeds, we should be behind and lucky we aren't.

Manning rightfully looks annoyed, can't string two passes together.

Outnumbered in midfield, Vyner and Tanner awful.

Down to Manning now to regroup, make changes, and get at them second half.

Just now, Better Red said:

In fairness to Max not just because the rest have struggled.

He has done well.

I was the one who said I was a Anti -Maxer when was Max was playing during covid and I have to say he is proving me wrong more and more each week.

Every single shot has been right at him.

He's done nothing wrong, but it's not been an outstanding performance by any stretch.

His most difficult to make save was also with a huge slice of luck.

Again, that's not a knock on him as he had good reactions and did what was needed, but for the ball to bounce over the bar from that position is a huge slice of good fortune. And the shot was another one right at him.

7 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Leeds have had 6 shots.

2 off target, 1 blocked.

Good grief, the desperation simply to not to give Max any credit.