IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

From the start we were off it. Players not up to it a few days after Cov and Leeds not playing midweek made a big difference. 

No doubt Leeds are a top side in this division but we just didn't have the fitness levels to put our stamp on the game.

• Like 2

Wtf was the idea regarding TC out in the left - he was ready to blow a gasket in frustration and after the changes and back to being a lone striker , got more and more frustrated trying to press and in the end visibly had had enough of running and I can’t blame him

ThT new contract agreement looked a distant possibility tonight

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 2
Just now, Jerseybean said:

Half a dozen immediate post-match thoughts…..all of which pain me to say.

1 I don’t think I can remember us being outplayed for 90 minutes this season, as we were tonight

2 I lost count of how many times we passed to a Leeds player and how often we had no out-ball

3 We were very, very fortunate to only lose by one

4 If (and it is a big if) anybody ever thought we are a top six team that performance will certainly put them straight

5 A very disappointing performance, only Max came out of that with any credit

6 We were given a footballing lesson tonight

Leeds top 2 they are no bench mark for top 6

Coventry are too 6 comparison

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Half a dozen immediate post-match thoughts…..all of which pain me to say.

1 I don’t think I can remember us being outplayed for 90 minutes this season, as we were tonight

2 I lost count of how many times we passed to a Leeds player and how often we had no out-ball

3 We were very, very fortunate to only lose by one

4 If (and it is a big if) anybody ever thought we are a top six team that performance will certainly put them straight

5 A very disappointing performance, only Max came out of that with any credit

6 We were given a footballing lesson tonight

Pring as well was good 

3 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Lost 1 -0 to a prem side no real disgrace.

None of the Top teams had scored that many against us.

Clearly better side.

Their forward line is £60m+

Difficult for us to compete against that.

Played West Ham, Forest and Leeds at home and only conceded 1 goal.

I actually think that is progress. Won’t get seen by many on hear but a few years back we have conceded at least 7 or 8.

Over 3 games a win a draw and a loss - that actually is improvement.

Ling way to go I will except but we are slowly moving in the right direction.

Do you honestly think we're moving in the right direction? Really?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

First time i have begun to doubt Manning's credential's...................complete wet fart of a performance........I am sorry to say.

The bit that bothers me is we seem to have given up on the quick ball forward that kept our quicker guys interested.

If, when we regain possession, we just pass it around, it gives the opposition defence time to re align.

A slow build up will sometimes be necessary but giving up on the out ball seems wasteful. 

• Like 3

I don't remember watching too many 0-1s where i felt the score was flattering.  However There's no point being too annoyed.

It's leeds, let's be fair a point would have been a bonus, but it's the performance which is depressing.

The next two games, it's tough to see a win, even if football never works like that.

QPR though, that's a game that really does needs to be won, and playing well.

Making a full scale management change mid season....a winter transfer, mostly focused on the fruits of tomorrow...

To me that's a football club writing off this season, planning for next..... getting to the point where drawing/losing generates a shrug and move on. (Even if it still just takes a good run👻)

It's clear... Not going up, not going back. Using this season to figure out who stays. If those in charge aren't all in on this season, it's kind of pointless letting city rule my emotions in a way that doesn't match.

5 minutes ago, Jose said:

Oh come on 😂. That is never going to happen. Manning isn’t the problem. I mean he’s not helping either but I wouldn’t trust the clowns to employ a tea lady let alone a manager so we need to stick with him and hope it clicks. 

If what that Johnathan Pierce said on his recent commentary for us is that Manning the head coach does not pick the team or style of play, others are involved.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1
7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

We are terrible and going backwards. To everyone that wanted Nige out for a young 'dynamic' coach.You've got what you wanted, and I hope you are enjoying it more than me. 3 points from 18 is relegation form.  

If Nige was still in charge, the result tonight would have been exactly the same and anyone who thinks differently is living in a fantasy world.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

If we do not beat Boro next week, that will be 3 points in 7 games for Manning. Pearson got fired for 6 points in 7 with a last game having a bench with 5 players who had never started a league game. Manning has never had that level of injuries to deal with . Ok, Manning needs time, but can we just stop the nonsense that we have improved under Manning. He has failed to deliver his main objective, which was to improve the side this season, not next season. The objective was to get us higher in the league this season. Thank god we did not bring him in to avoid relegation, as his current points per game over the last 7 will see us relegated if he does not turn it around fast. Go and do the calculations.

Leeds are a great side, it has nothing to do with tonight, but there seems to be a bizarre illusion, maybe because of a few cup games, that Manning is doing something special. He is not. He is now making us worse. He will be looking at games against QPR and Wednesday for a result at this rate. 

He will need time, because he is out of his depth and needs to learn the job. But he has been a spectacular failure against the prime objective of his appointment.

Next season he will need to be much much better. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 3
3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Gotta be honest I was happy with a point on Tuesday and didn’t expect much tonight BUT that was absolutely ******* shite. There was no performance apart from the keeper. No plan, no fight, no excitement, **** all. That wasn’t good enough notwithstanding how good Leeds were tbf to them.

Manning has got a huge job in his hands to get this team anywhere near what we played against tonight. We’re 17 games in now and I’m not making excuses for that bollocks we served up tonight.

I was absolutely livid with a draw on tuesday, we were good enough for the 3 points and if it wasnt for a howler by Max we would have taken all 3. Tonight highlighted how we massively lack any strength in depth, without that Im not sure how we can seriously implement any kind of plan B. 

The season has been written off already (AGAIN), we need to start next season in an even position and that means having a SQUAD capable of playing championship football every week, we are far too inconsistent, which is no surprise when you have too many inconsistent players in your starting 11.

Spoiler

• Like 1
Just now, Fordy62 said:

I didn’t bother watching tonight. Just for a laugh will someone sum up Mehmeti’s performance in fifteen words or less please?

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit 

I still prefer Nige, but was prepared to give Manning time, but his League record is totally shocking.  I guess he won’t/can’t be sacked this season but after first ten matches of next if he can’t drastically improve his record he needs to go, along with BT.

i see the buffers in sight at the end of the Championship track., after that I see only darkness, my friends.

• Flames 2
5 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

We’ve shown some real promise over the past few weeks, but, tonight we were completely outclassed in EVERY department. 

Very frustrating evening, but I’ve still got an unusual sense of “trust the process” at the moment. 

The worst thing for me is we looked beaten before we started. Such a comfortable win and game for Leeds. At least we could have had a go at them and tried to put them under pressure. As for 2 strikers playing for us it didn't look like we had one playing.

• Like 1

No shame in losing to a top side like them, but losing in that manner is another thing.

We got bullied tonight, lost countless 50/50s and that Gruev had the whole middle of the pitch to himself to pick whatever pass he wanted.

Only 'positives' were Max keeping us in it, and TGH/Bell were ok off the bench. The rest weren't good at all.

We got pressed man for man and we went into our shells and barely looked like winning any challenges. 

It's all about the unit and the patterns of play with good behaviours on the pitch with this manager. Our team got stretched and bullied man for man tonight. 

They didn't need nice fluffy pointless patterns of play to pick us off, just willing runners at pace. When they had possession it was in our half, not theirs. 

Edit - One final thing, we are losing at home and it's the 90th minute and we go long and the only person in their half is Conway. Always the same formation, never change from the pattern. No plan B winds me up - atleast Nige's plan B (as bad as it was) was to throw a couple strikers on.

Deflating that it's always bloody Leeds. 

Edited by ProfitInMyPocket
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
5 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Lost 1 -0 to a prem side no real disgrace.

None of the Top teams had scored that many against us.

Clearly better side.

Their forward line is £60m+

Difficult for us to compete against that.

Played West Ham, Forest and Leeds at home and only conceded 1 goal.

I actually think that is progress. Won’t get seen by many on hear but a few years back we have conceded at least 7 or 8.

Over 3 games a win a draw and a loss - that actually is improvement.

Ling way to go I will except but we are slowly moving in the right direction.

Uhmmmm

Firstly Leeds are not a Premier League side and although a decent side at this level would get slaughtered in Prem with current side

As for the 1 goal , my overall feeling is , and it’s not our norm , but that was almost embarrassing tbh and our saving grace is the scoreline which doesn’t reflect we should have been done 4 or 5 IMO

• Like 2