IGNORED

Leeds United at home match thread

Just now, Superjack said:

Jam tomorrow.

Maybe. 

But sooner or later if we keep progressing.

I think this ‘squad’ gives us that  platform to make the next step.

Its down to the signings in the summer and Manning.

But we do need to add quality not quantity and that is what hopefully improves into a top 6 side

3 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Silly? Before tonight’s game we were 3rd from bottom of the form table. We were torn apart tonight by an average Leeds team. Where do we go from here Northern Red? I honestly despair with the likes of you. Silly boy. 

That is not an average Leeds team, anyone that finishes above them will be promoted this season, simple as that. Apart from that “silly” statement you’re right about the form and being torn apart.

2 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Well.

Won’t talk too much about the game, first 15 minutes you pressed us, looked dangerous, got in behind a couple of times and I was concerned for the night ahead, ended up that was it bar one chance, feel we should have been 3/4 up within 60 minutes, awful finishing and your defence was all over the place.

Main point I’ll make sat in E34 Dolman next to the away fans, filled with 18-25 year olds (good you’d think) loads of fans for the future, most of them probably watched a total of 65 minutes, on their phones just talking to each other, no contribution to atmosphere even during your bright start, up and down to go to the toilet probably 3/4 times, selfies etc. i was very surprised at the atmosphere, it was as poor as the football.

Obvious Jimmy Saville chants which Leeds fans replied with MOT.

2 minutes applause impeccable 👏🏻 

Don’t see you getting anywhere near the playoffs based on that, disjointed, no fight, no plan, little pace.

I thought your MoM was your keeper.

Pretty much spot on Spazza

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Well.

Won’t talk too much about the game, first 15 minutes you pressed us, looked dangerous, got in behind a couple of times and I was concerned for the night ahead, ended up that was it bar one chance, feel we should have been 3/4 up within 60 minutes, awful finishing and your defence was all over the place.

Main point I’ll make sat in E34 Dolman next to the away fans, filled with 18-25 year olds (good you’d think) loads of fans for the future, most of them probably watched a total of 65 minutes, on their phones just talking to each other, no contribution to atmosphere even during your bright start, up and down to go to the toilet probably 3/4 times, selfies etc. i was very surprised at the atmosphere, it was as poor as the football.

Obvious Jimmy Saville chants which Leeds fans replied with MOT.

2 minutes applause impeccable 👏🏻 

Don’t see you getting anywhere near the playoffs based on that, disjointed, no fight, no plan, little pace.

I thought your MoM was your keeper.

Can’t disagree with a word of that.

Good Luck for the run in - Much prefer to see Leeds in Prem than some of your contenders 

2 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Silly? Before tonight’s game we were 3rd from bottom of the form table. We were torn apart tonight by an average Leeds team. Where do we go from here Northern Red? I honestly despair with the likes of you. Silly boy. 

Bloody hell....if we could only be an 'average' team like that. For the championship they are a very good side and probably should have scored a lot more tonight. We've got a squad sprinkled with free transfers,academy and league one. I don’t care who the manager is,we are where we are due to that touch of quality lacking.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Better Red said:

The squad is probably best we have had in terms of competition but lacks a sprinkle of magic that all promotion teams need.

Pearson started it and now it needs 2 or 3 quality signings to add to it and I think we will be closer to the top 6 than we have been in a long time.

We are having more control in games tonight aside than we have had a long time.

You can see the pattern of play and a plan.

Its not quiet there I except but I honestly think we are getting closer to being a top 6 team.

We are closing the gap to the Coventrys, Watfords etc.. I think we can go and win at these teams when we have everyone fit. 

We won’t do it this year but next year with the 2 or 3 signings I think we can give it a genuine go.

It's always next year though ain't it... 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wtf was the idea regarding TC out in the left - he was ready to blow a gasket in frustration and after the changes and back to being a lone striker , got more and more frustrated trying to press and in the end visibly had had enough of running and I can’t blame him

ThT new contract agreement looked a distant possibility tonight

Ive never been more convinced he’s off after tonight. Body language was very clear that he’s ****** right off. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
21 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Could have nicked us a point….

We have been daylight robbery

But he did have a shoot on target that the keeper saved well

True, our only shot on target. Might have gone in if it was a truer connection though.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Ive never been more convinced he’s off after tonight. Body language was very clear that he’s ****** right off. 

Didn’t see that personally, pressed until the end even if was just him at times. (Don’t doubt he will be off in the summer though) 

Just now, bexhill reds said:

That is not an average Leeds team, anyone that finishes above them will be promoted this season, simple as that. Apart from that “silly” statement you’re right about the form and being torn apart.

It’s an average Leeds team. They were made to look world class by a dreadful City team set up by a clueless coach. If they were in the prem I’d wager they’d be in the bottom two. Look at how useless they were in front of goal given the amount of chances created. I wouldn’t wait any longer I’d pull the trigger on Manning tonight and give Andy King a go until the end of the season. Or would that just be ‘silly’?! 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Half a dozen immediate post-match thoughts…..all of which pain me to say.

1 I don’t think I can remember us being outplayed for 90 minutes this season, as we were tonight

2 I lost count of how many times we passed to a Leeds player and how often we had no out-ball

3 We were very, very fortunate to only lose by one

4 If (and it is a big if) anybody ever thought we are a top six team that performance will certainly put them straight

5 A very disappointing performance, only Max came out of that with any credit

6 We were given a footballing lesson tonight

6 ticks. BINGO!

• Haha 1
Just now, Cidre Monita said:

It’s an average Leeds team. They were made to look world class by a dreadful City team set up by a clueless coach. If they were in the prem I’d wager they’d be in the bottom two. Look at how useless they were in front of goal given the amount of chances created. I wouldn’t wait any longer I’d pull the trigger on Manning tonight and give Andy King a go until the end of the season. Or would that just be ‘silly’?! 

Yes.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

We certainly aren’t getting anything like full value from him.

Many will disagree but one of our best players and if we are hoping to burst in progress I still think he needs to be a big part

So why not play in a way that suits one of your prime talents / weapons 

sigh

• Like 2

Really surprised by some of the comments on various threads tonight.

We lost 1-0 to a team that are basically a premier League team and will be again next season.

If we play well against West Ham or Forest and then have an inferior performance, it's not because we have a bad team, it's because we don't have a strong squad.

Leeds can bring players off the bench that we couldn't buy for the first team.

Key injuries plus 7 games in 3 weeks, or whatever it is, means our lack of squad depth is exposed. The likes of Williams, James, even Pring, can't play at the required intensity in so many games.

For me, it was most evident in the back 3 tonight. All 3 making so many errors despite high praise recently. Bottom line, they have to play every game because we have no choice. But the result is inevitable. 

I have no criticism of Manning or the players. Our current squad lacks the quality in depth to have sufficient rotation and to play quick succession matches at the required tempo.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1
6 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Bloody hell....if we could only be an 'average' team like that. For the championship they are a very good side and probably should have scored a lot more tonight. We've got a squad sprinkled with free transfers,academy and league one. I don’t care who the manager is,we are where we are due to that touch of quality lacking.

They are average. We are inconsistent and lacking quality. What has changed since we ran them close at their place? We made a bog standard Leeds team look like Real Madrid tonight. I’m actually surprised by how poor this league is this year given the big clubs involved. I just can’t see a way back for Manning after tonight.