IGNORED

Dire Mebude signed on loan - CONFIRMED

westonred

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

“Blocking the pathway” is kind of catch 22 or chicken/egg or something like that isn’t it?

Nelson/Yeboah are only going to make it as Championship level players if they’re given games. But at the same time, just giving them more and more games isn’t necessarily going to make them Championship level players. And coaching might make it more likely, but still can’t ever guarantee it. 

I’m all for the academy and like nothing more than seeing players come through it and succeed. But at the same time, I’m wary of just assuming that the academy is a guaranteed production line of Semenyo and Scotts. There will be periods when it isn’t.

And I’m quite comfortable with a strategy that recognises that and is flexible enough to bring in young talent that we can improve too.

As you say, the option makes that work, so I’m hoping that’s correct. 

Totally agree with that. It's not  conveyor belt in a factory line. There will be peaks and troughs. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Question though, it was reported Man City have a buy back clause when they sold him. What happens to that clause if we do have an option to buy? 

Man City would get first refusal and we would have second 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Yeboah has 5+ years to make it, don’t think 6 months will make a huge difference personally. 

Im all for having a good pathway and I don’t think think LM would be any different to that. 

Wait & see.

Blatantly obvious that Manning isn’t having him.

Last Saturday the 21s were at Peterborough & only named 3 subs, Yeboah was one of them.

Manning has consistently included Nelson (0 first team minutes) on the bench instead of Yeboah (12 sub appearances).

The most obvious difference as a result of the change of manager.

2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Question though, it was reported Man City have a buy back clause when they sold him. What happens to that clause if we do have an option to buy? 

I don't think we'd have to worry about that considering our best players of the past decade have only been deemed good enough for Brighton, Aston Villa, Burnley, Cardiff, Fulham and Bournemouth!

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Nah, just condemn the lad without seeing him play seems a better idea😂😂

When fans always look at the negative I do wonder how their actual lives look!  

“Bloody jacket potato again last night Steve. Sick and tired of it I am” 

“You’re the one who does the cooking, Bob”

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

From the times I have watched the U21's I would say we are in a "gap year". The players that have graduated the previous group are either in our first team squad, or playing out their contracts and will probably move on in the summer. 

The next group down are being used to supplement that age group so they are probably a season or two away from being considered.

Players like Nelson and Yeboah have been considered for involved at the next level because they an attribute that sets them apart, but they are still behind to some extent. 

There is some talent coming through, but not necessarily in the areas we need right now, Taine Anderson looks a very good prospect, but we aren't desperate for full/wingbacks, Meerholz isn't going to get a game at DM this season. 

Thank you. I don't really follow the youth teams but I am very proud of what we have produced. 

I think my comments are more about Bell and Mehmeti, especially Bell. But I am disappointed that Yeboah has just disappeared off the radar. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Wait & see.

Blatantly obvious that Manning isn’t having him.

Last Saturday the 21s were at Peterborough & only named 3 subs, Yeboah was one of them.

Manning has consistently included Nelson (0 first team minutes) on the bench instead of Yeboah (12 sub appearances).

The most obvious difference as a result of the change of manager.

Maybe he will have him when he’s improved a bit. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

We can just change formation you know.  Tammy was unproven as well. Caulker was unproven.  Just wait and see eh 

Problem is we've chopped and changed already.

4-3-3/4-2-3-1, to a back 3..then back to a 4-3-3 again.

Bell at wingback is ludicrous too.

It smacks of a less than coherent strategy. No reflection on the signings but..

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Thank you. I don't really follow the youth teams but I am very proud of what we have produced. 

I think my comments are more about Bell and Mehmeti, especially Bell. But I am disappointed that Yeboah has just disappeared off the radar. 

It's still worth remembering, how many games we have coming up and how many players get used each game. Some thought a few players looked leggy on Tuesday, so we need options to freshen things up. It doesn't necessarily mean Bell and Mehmeti missing out altogether.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leabrook said:

We can just change formation you know.  Tammy was unproven as well. Caulker was unproven.  Just wait and see eh 

The fundamental dynamics of the team are wrong. We do not have enough players in our attacking play who either create, assist or score goals. That has not really been addressed. Twine might be one of those for sure. This lad, i am not sure. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ir smacks of a less than coherent strategy. No reflection on the signings but..

Just a manager figuring it all out before progressing next season is all 

Edited by Leabrook
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, TheJudge07 said:

The fundamental dynamics of the team are wrong. We do not have enough players in our attacking play who either create, assist or score goals. That has not really been addressed. Twine might be one of those for sure. This lad, i am not sure. 

So he’s scored and assisted loads in the youth league but you don’t think he’s a scorer or assister?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheJudge07 said:

None of us are sure. We could always watch him a few times then form an opinion…….

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Problem is we've chipped and changed already.

The past few years we could all knew the situation, we all knew the plan. We could see the plan working. Sometimes it didn't always go smoothly but by and large we all remained patient because we could see what we were trying to do. 

I'm struggling to see the plan now and because I can't see it that means I'm unfortunately struggling to get behind it. Maybe if the club could use their fantastic communication skills that they've so say recently found we would know the plan and be able to buy into that plan. 

It's kinda reminiscent of the LJ days. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If this season is “over” already therefore making this signing a bit odd according to some without a to buy option, what’s wrong with Manning testing out formations? Trying to find what suits his squad best?

Seriously feels like complaining for complainings sake at times. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

If this season is “over” already therefore making this signing a bit odd according to some without a to buy option, what’s wrong with Manning testing out formations? Trying to find what suits his squad best?

Seriously feels like complaining for complainings sake at times. 

We have a buy option 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Possibly, albeit that is an argument not to make the change mid season too.

A transitional period can be inevitable if a new manager wants to try it out but it can derail a season too.

We aren’t getting play offs so better to get ahead of next season

32 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This is my concern too. 

When we brought Manning in it was framed as he's an excellent on the grass coach who will improve players and that he has plenty of experience in coaching youth players. I think lots was said about the pathway. 

I am concerned that the the signing of Twine and Mebude is blocking that pathway. Although they both appear to be very good players. But the likes of Sam Bell and Yeboah and not going to become very good players unless they have that first team exposure. 

Why is a loan signing and potential future transfer being authorised when it goes against what our stated strategy is? Our strategy appears to be all over the place. Especially with what you mentioned about it not fitting with how weve played recently. 

Yeboah has 4 or 5 years ahead of him to develop

Sam Bell will never make it at this level 

Edited by frenchred
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 2