IGNORED

Dire Mebude signed on loan - CONFIRMED

westonred

Just now, The Journalist said:

Given we're in mid-table obscurity and signing a 19-year-old on loan, that much-coveted pathway's suddenly not looking quite so clear, is it?

(Unless there's an option to buy, obviously...)

Just said the same. Not very “academy first” this window, is it 

• Like 5

Can’t see any point to this unless we are considering making it permanent.

That’s not a criticism of the lad, I know absolutely nothing about him.

Seeing as Manning was talking about being disappointed that we hadn’t completed a deal in time for the Leeds game & Bird is going back to Derby for the season, you have to assume he’ll be in the squad at Boro next Saturday, probably taking Raekwon Nelson’s spot.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Manning says they have been watching him for a while, but I suppose because there have been no rumours the nahsayers will want to suggest it's a panic last minute deal.

But what have they been watching? Man City U21 re-runs presumably as he's only had 3 senior games in Belgium. Let's hope this bolt out of the blue turns out to be a Eureka moment. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection

8 minutes ago, Henry said:

It really does seem pointless loaning players. I’d rather we kept going with Mehmeti, who’s actually our player.

Never pointless to loan as Tammy and Matt Smith proved in the past , never likely to sign either, also looks like he plays on the other side to Mehmeti.

Lets hope he does well , certainly has pace and had something for sure at Man City 

• Confused 1

Just now, Cov 77 said:

Never pointless to loan as Tammy and Matt Smith proved in the past , never likely to sign either, also looks like he plays on the other side to Mehmeti.

Lets hope he does well , certainly has pace and had something for sure at Man City 

I mean pointless in the context of our season going no where.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

No option, and he has 3.5 years left on his deal, so not the most obvious of loan to perms we’ve seen

I like the look of him and look forward to watching him. 

I suppose tho that my thoughts are that Pearson used to say "no point bringing in us developing another teams player" so our strategy has now changed. 

A lot has been said about the path way etc and now by bringing this lad in on only a loan it's going to deny the likes of Bell and Mehmeti minutes and I'm not sure I like that strategy. 

• Facepalm 3

:laugh:. We get on loan players from a low rated Belgium team. We are a stronger team, richer and doesn't look good. But who knows, maybe Gurdiola fked up and he is a great talent which doesn't feel good in Belgium and wants back.

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Just out of interest.... what new signing in this transfer window would put the "academy first"?

Signing no-one, which everyone would also moan about.

Strange that some people aren't happy with us signing exciting young talent.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

No option, and he has 3.5 years left on his deal, so not the most obvious of loan to perms we’ve seen

Westerlo suggest we have an option to sign him.

https://kvcwesterlo.be/2024/02/01/adedire-mebude-on-loan-to-bristol-city-fc/

Adedire Mebude on loan to Bristol City FC

Adedire Mebude will finish the season in the Championship. The Scottish youth international has reached an agreement with Bristol City FC, which has signed him on loan until the end of the season. The English second-tier club has also secured an option to purchase the Scottish winger. Bristol City is currently positioned 13th in the Championship.

Best of luck, Adedire!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Hopefully an already agreed permanent deal if successful. 

If it works out, let's hope so. He signed for the Belgian mob for €1.65M, should be within our budget.

Let's see I suppose. Looking strong, if a bit young, for next season already and if this guy is decent and available, boom!