IGNORED

Possession football…

22 minutes ago, Red Army 79 said:

Do we as fans actually want possession football? Last season we were a counting attacking side and Pearson said at the start of the season that we are moving from a counter attacking team to a more possession based.

From a personal note the best football I’ve seen and enjoyed watching City play was under Danny Wilson. At times it was possession based but it centred around getting the ball to Brian Tinnion and then his raking 60/ 70 yard balls straight to the feet of Scott Murray to run on to who would more often or not then either outpace / skin the fullback and either come inside and shoot or go down the line and put a cross in. It certainly got me off my seat instead of the sideways football not going anywhere I’m seeing today. 

Our current style reminds me of England when they lost to Iceland. Teams will just sit back and hit us on the counter as Leeds did on Friday. We are to predictable. 

Same here regarding the football under Wilson. 

Would that be described as direct football? I'm no fan of possession football, can't stand watching Man city. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

Same here regarding the football under Wilson. 

Would that be described as direct football? I'm no fan of possession football, can't stand watching Man city. 

Yeah probably be classed as direct. Wasn’t long ball as it wasn’t the aim to lump it to Peacock.

Would love to have a team with some pace again 👍