IGNORED

Too Much Negativity

gibbo7

34 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Beat Forest Wednesday.

Sykes & Twine comes back.

The new winger looks a world beater.

We win 2 on the bounce

Can’t wait for everyone to then come back on here and say we are negative , crap football etc..

I have been watching for 45 years and we are in the ‘good years’.

Give Liam a chance it feels like we are building something.

The growing attendance and away followings say it can’t all be bad.

If we maybe 3 quality players to the squad in the summer which is already competitive then we have a chance of a top 6

Why do you actively try to wind people up all the time if you are over 50 years old?

39 minutes ago, pj76 said:

Leeds were exceptionally quick, runners all over the place, intensity of the press was just too much. Summerville looked every inch the prem player he so clearly is. It was a difficult watch. On the other thread some morons said Leeds were "average". Archie Gray, Gnonto, Bamford, Rodon, so very far from average. 

I don't think there's a single player in our team would get into the Leeds starting line up. That's the reality of where we are, of the money, parachute payments, the lot. The gulf is enormous. 

This year the relegated teams will go up, the promoted teams will go down. Bridging that gap is very difficult from mid to low table.

Let's continue to build, look forwards, avoid the emotional reaction. I'm not looking forward to Southampton at home, they are on an even hotter streak. It's the hope that kills you. 

Cam pring , would be the only player to get any where near there team , the rest of ours wouldn’t even make there bench that’s no slur on our players just a fact of how strong there squad actually is 

• Like 1

After last night it goes to show how far we are behind in this league.as I have always said lansdown is quite happy to be a average championship side.all the Bull shit from jl saying we can be top six he's living on another planet.we are what we are.

6 minutes ago, Better Red said:

‘Slag Off’ - read the post

Said not a Striker he wont score goals.

I said he will never get to 10 in a season.

Check out he’s record and tell me I am wrong.

Call it Wisdom….

The same wisdom that said Vyner not good enough. The same wisdom that said Alex Scott needed a two year loan to league one and wouldn’t play in the premier league. The same wisdom that said Max would never make the first team.  The same wisdom that said Conway should go out on loan before he then went on to score a ton of goals

Your track record is so bad.  

Edited by Leabrook
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Not defending last nights performance but I think you will find Leeds were in a different place then , they have got better and better since the season has gone on and we have played them right in the middle of them being  in an extremely rich vein of form - still no excuse for last nights poor performance as I said .

And so were we!

• Like 2

We played 3 days ago! They had a whole week to prepare,so not surprisingly they were full of energy.They are better than us anyway! Under the circumstances 1-0 is not the end of the world and mehmeti maybe should have equalized.7 games in 24 days or whatever is far too-much football,this is the worry for me.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

Beat Forest Wednesday.

Sykes & Twine comes back.

The new winger looks a world beater.

We win 2 on the bounce

Can’t wait for everyone to then come back on here and say we are negative , crap football etc..

I have been watching for 45 years and we are in the ‘good years’.

Give Liam a chance it feels like we are building something.

The growing attendance and away followings say it can’t all be bad.

If we maybe 3 quality players to the squad in the summer which is already competitive then we have a chance of a top 6

How about change back to a 4-3-3 or similar for one.

I don't think this current shape will especially work for us. Maybe it will when all are fit time will tell but when Bell who is not a left sided player is at RWB, when Tanner is kinda shoehorned in at CB..then there is the risk Sykes return and the impact will be negated by putting him at Wingback.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

The Leeds point is spot on, but the general direction of travel is the worry.

There are some absolute maniacs on here (surprisingly quiet about Max last night though).

I can maintain perspective about last night because of the opposition but it can’t be the case against non parachute payment sides.

True, Graham. Its the failure to beat teams like Birmingham and Millwall that's the real issue. Losing to a Leeds side costing £87 million allows some excuses.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gibbo7 said:

Following last nights game the level of negativity is outrageous.

Any City fan there just needs to accept that Leeds are just a much better team than us and have been both home and away.

They are a team that are full of players worth millions of pounds and as much as I hate to say it as Leeds is definitely one of my most disliked clubs last night they were outstanding in the press and one of the quickest teams all over the pitch I ever remember seeing.

Patrick Bamford is exactly the type of forward we need.  Clever movement, link up and also not slow.

I know our club called us top 6 squad, and this might be where the upset is coming from, but there are some teams and budgets that when the opposition is on their game in this league (which Leeds were), we simply shouldn’t be able to compete.

I am still more than happy to give Manning the time he needs and see what he can do with the lad Medube and Twine in the team.  Sykes on the counter and I for one will still be right behind the lads come Wednesday.

There was a real lack of belief in the players tonight and it’s the first time they for me looked tired.

on to the next one.

No doubt they are a better side but they struggled at Rotherham, Preston, Sunderland. We were so poor and naive throughout. No plan B which was the issue. We haven’t just played Arsenal or Liverpool! We have a board who thought we were good enough for top six, that’s the annoyance. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, redkev said:

Cam pring , would be the only player to get any where near there team , the rest of ours wouldn’t even make there bench that’s no slur on our players just a fact of how strong there squad actually is 

Agreed, he'd make the bench. Others might in time. And it's not that they're rubbish, agreed there, it's that Leeds are much better. Gray or Tanner? Summerville or Conway? No brainers.

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

True, Graham. Its the failure to beat teams like Birmingham and Millwall that's the real issue, losing a team like Leeds costing £87 million allows some excuses.

Realistically you don’t win all of those either.

My problem at present (I’m not rehashing the Pearson argument again) is I’m not even sure he’s making the best of what I accept is a thin squad. 

Knight certainly isn’t best utilised where he’s playing & if he is going to play 2 strikers (I like Nakhi but I’m not sure it suits us) then playing TC on the left sure isn’t the best way.

Finally his refusal to give Roberts any game time at all suggests he doesn’t rate him & any time Mehmeti gets on in front of Bell or even Cornick baffles me.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

59 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

In any walk of life - a teams performance will normal mirror the behaviours of the leader of that group 

Manning is dull, boring, and comes across emotionless 

…..it’s no suprise the players are now the same 

Surprising you've turned on Manning so quickly considering how keen you were to get NP sacked 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

In any walk of life - a teams performance will normal mirror the behaviours of the leader of that group 

Manning is dull, boring, and comes across emotionless 

…..it’s no suprise the players are now the same 

I see him as honest, calm, articulate, intelligent. We see what we want to see I guess.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Surprising you've turned on Manning so quickly considering how keen you were to get NP sacked 

There seems to be this belief people are in the ‘Manning camp’ or the ‘Pearson camp’

Pearson’s time was up. It was time for a change 

Manning was not the answer. He shouldn’t have even been on the short list 

Not hard to understand mate 

Last night was the most one sided 1 nil you will ever see. We had the perfect storm of a quality opposition that attacked with real pace and a number of players just off their game. The thing that stood out for me was the amount of pressure we added to that with poor passing and unforced errors.

Talk of playoffs and relegation are both a little far fetched but I'll always have the hope of one and fear of the other. The January window shows for me the plans are about next year. I am weirdly optimistic about next season but I've been there before many many times!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leabrook said:

The same wisdom that said Vyner not good enough. The same wisdom that said Alex Scott needed a two year loan to league one and wouldn’t play in the premier league. The same wisdom that said Max would never make the first team.  The same wisdom that said Conway should go out on loan before he then went on to score a ton of goals

Your track record is so bad.  

Your making it up now….

Wisdom and also humility 

Agree re Max - I said yesterday he is proving me wrong in the last few months 

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

There seems to be this belief people are in the ‘Manning camp’ or the ‘Pearson camp’

Pearson’s time was up. It was time for a change 

Manning was not the answer. He shouldn’t have even been on the short list 

Not hard to understand mate 

I wasn't NP's biggest fan as many on here know and i posted many posts regarding some of the awful football we had to put up with though i do get that he sort of steadied the ship, i shed no tears when he was sacked and felt that 2 and a half years was long enough, this new guy deserves a chance, he's inherited this team so lets see what he's like when he has his own players and his way of playing is bedded in.

In regards to you thinking that Manning is dull, boring, and comes across emotionless" it doesn't seem to have done Southampton and Ipswich any harm having similar managers with the the same temperament, give the guy a chance  

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How about change back to a 4-3-3 or similar for one.

I don't think this current shape will especially work for us. Maybe it will when all are fit time will tell but when Bell who is not a left sided player is at RWB, when Tanner is kinda shoehorned in at CB..then there is the risk Sykes return and the impact will be negated by putting him at Wingback.

Agree - Sykes needs to play wide right in a front three.

Best attacking player we have and pre injury arguably the best player we had.

Some tough decisions for Manning Tanner vs McCorie 

Midfield 2 to play with Twine.

who plays wide on the left.

What Manning does have is lots of options and competition.

Maybe not enough quality but that is what I hope we fix in the summer.

I don’t think we are miles away.

The one that made me think last night was Dickie.

Up to this point he was for me a no brainier but last night showed up the gap we need to get closer to if not close for our next step.

6 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Your making it up now….

Wisdom and also humility 

Agree re Max - I said yesterday he is proving me wrong in the last few months 

There’s the bit on Scott. Can show you the rest if you like.  

Over 50 years old and goes a forum to wind people up and accuse people of lying when pulled up on it 

IMG_0369.png

1 minute ago, Leabrook said:

There’s the bit on Scott. Can show you the rest if you like.  

Over 50 years old and goes a forum to wind people up and accuse people of lying when pulled up on it 

IMG_0369.png

Like I said wisdom…

Not a million miles off.

Seymeno -  Half Tick

Edwards - Tick

Bakinson  - Tick

Bell - Tick

Scott - won’t score goals - Tick 

Scott - needed loan - very wrong 

Max - Wrong 

Just now, Better Red said:

Like I said wisdom…

Not a million miles off.

Seymeno -  Half Tick

Edwards - Tick

Bakinson  - Tick

Bell - Tick

Scott - won’t score goals - Tick 

Scott - needed loan - very wrong 

Max - Wrong 

So I wasn’t making it up then?  Also wrong on Vyner and Conway.  

I will accept your apology!  

18 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

I wasn't NP's biggest fan as many on here know and i posted many posts regarding some of the awful football we had to put up with though i do get that he sort of steadied the ship, i shed no tears when he was sacked and felt that 2 and a half years was long enough, this new guy deserves a chance, he's inherited this team so lets see what he's like when he has his own players and his way of playing is bedded in.

In regards to you thinking that Manning is dull, boring, and comes across emotionless" it doesn't seem to have done Southampton and Ipswich any harm having similar managers with the the same temperament, give the guy a chance  

To be fair - point taken. My frustrations are more at the ***** at the top and their complete incompetence. 

Best of luck to Manning - seems a likeable guy and I hope he turns out to be the coach the club thinks he could be. I just don’t see it, and I don’t think a lot of people can either 

People are voting with their feet and attendances will only continue to drop. Be interesting to see what the season ticket sales will be like next season 

1 minute ago, Leabrook said:

So I wasn’t making it up then?  Also wrong on Vyner and Conway.  

I will accept your apology!  

I can’t see Conway or Vyner mentioned in the above 

Vyner was already a first team player - so why refer to him

Conway in Aug 21 I don’t he played until a few times that season

I did you the list what more can I do.

Also forgot Pearson - Tick

Like I said wisdom

Well a apart from Scott & Max I will give you that but glad they proved me wrong (Scott very wrong)

They are just opinions some will be right and some will be wrong.

I just get more right than wrong.

Not because I am a genius. Simply I saw what I see. 

I have seen enough football to warrant having opinion.

Others will have diff ones - that’s cool. We can all see the same game/players differently.

If we don’t post an opinion then we would not have this forum. 

Get some right, get some wrong and that is the beauty of football and all that comes with it.

1 minute ago, Better Red said:

I can’t see Conway or Vyner mentioned in the above 

Vyner was already a first team player - so why refer to him

Conway in Aug 21 I don’t he played until a few times that season

I did you the list what more can I do.

Also forgot Pearson - Tick

Like I said wisdom

Well a apart from Scott & Max I will give you that but glad they proved me wrong (Scott very wrong)

They are just opinions some will be right and some will be wrong.

I just get more right than wrong.

Not because I am a genius. Simply I saw what I see. 

I have seen enough football to warrant having opinion.

Others will have diff ones - that’s cool. We can all see the same game/players differently.

If we don’t post an opinion then we would not have this forum. 

Get some right, get some wrong and that is the beauty of football and all that comes with it.

And sorry for accusing me of making it up?  Come on….bit of maturity would be nice 

• Haha 1