IGNORED

Tins on RB

Tomo

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

League of Ireland, League Two loan and I forget what level Aldershot are but sign and loan back from Non League.

It's a big leap.

These are both big leaps but we often send promising talent to places like Bath City (a lower level that the Irish or National leagues)to get experience of men's football. They have both flourished at that level and shown that they are top talents in their respective leagues.  If they train regularly with our first team, they will have a chance to bridge the gap.  Our coaches seem to know how to develop young players so I am pretty confident that these lads will, along with our new flying winger, hopefully be first team players for years to come.

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

These are both big leaps but we often send promising talent to places like Bath City (a lower level that the Irish or National leagues)to get experience of men's football. They have both flourished at that level and shown that they are top talents in their respective leagues.  If they train regularly with our first team, they will have a chance to bridge the gap.  Our coaches seem to know how to develop young players so I am pretty confident that these lads will, along with our new flying winger, hopefully be first team players for years to come.

Yeah perhaps but not for a while.

Murphy seems to have generated a lot of excitement in particular, Palmer-Houlden is doing well at Newport but the age, the experience. Big leap for all.

Scott was a bit of a freak really. Player of his age looking so comfortable at the level in a struggling/transitional period at that.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah perhaps but not for a while.

Murphy seems to have generated a lot of excitement in particular, Palmer-Houlden is doing well at Newport but the age, the experience. Big leap for all.

Scott was a bit of a freak really. Player of his age looking so comfortable at the level in a struggling/transitional period at that.

I agree with all that but also recognise that they are potentially exceptional players who may well surprise us to the upside.  I really hope so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leabrook said:

I don’t disagree but can any manager overhaul a squad and achieve play offs next season?  A big ask that 

Good observation. Club will gloss over that mate.....we will buy...but not the quality we need. Don't think that we will be pushing for the play offs for the foreseeable. (Not negativity.......just realism).

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

The max bird comments I found interesting too, sounded almost as if we wanted him & Knight to come in together in the summer. So the interest far precedes Manning coming in. 

As @Harry has mentioned/alluded to before, will these club targets really fit into the style Manning wants, if they were initially identified & keen to join, for a style very different to what we’re trying to do now?

I can’t imagine TGH being someone Manning would’ve been crying out for, if he was given a ‘clean slate’ of players to bring in, he was just already here and doing well. Would be interested to know how much LM would’ve been banging the door down for Bird too, if he was already high up on a list of players to bring in to the club, and we knew he was keen to come as well, before he was even head coach.

Is also why I really can’t see Williams being offered a new deal despite an excellent December. 

Is this concerning? Where is the joined up thinking? 

I was slightly surprised when TGH was made permanent - just felt not a Manning favourite and he was the one to immediately give way for Twine in the starting 11.

Looking more and more like the Twine deal was right to be questioned, in terms of squad development - perhaps one to keep Manning happy and the others he has 'gone along with'?

So looks like Tinnion is very much in the box seat for picking the talent for the managers going forward. 

Perhaps being harsh/overthinking, but it just doesn't all feel quite right, quite aligned. 🤔

Edited by Alessandro

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Is this concerning? Where is the joined up thinking? 

I was slightly surprised when TGH was made permanent - just felt not a Manning favourite and he was the one to immediately give way for Twine in the starting 11.

Looking more and more like the Twine deal was right to be questioned, in terms of squad development - perhaps one to keep Manning happy and the others he has 'gone along with'?

So looks like Tinnion is very much in the box seat for picking the talent for the managers going forward. 

Perhaps being harsh/overthinking, but it just doesn't all feel quite right, quite aligned. 🤔

Re Twine, believe the mentality of that deal was because Manning was so desperate for a 10, it was “just get him through the door and worry about if it becomes longer term another day”. 

I can understand that in some ways, but not in others. 

3 hours ago, marmite said:

So we're  demolishing a top 6 ready squad and rebuilding again in the summer. Next we will have the three window scenario blah blah blah. 

Once I heard Tinnion say these are exciting times I lost  interest. Heard it so many times before. We are recruiting from lower league still and the occasional gem doesn't make this a successful policy, otherwise we wouldn't be rebuilding again!!

Manningball is not getting me off my seat,, unless it's to leave the ground!

We are building a top 2 squad in the summer and are moving on from the top 6 squad!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, INCRED said:

We are building a top 2 squad in the summer and are moving on from the top 6 squad!!

They may well think that, but unfortunately it aint gonna happen.

Unless they have about 30m to spend.

I hope they don't come out with that guff at the start of next season- I wouldn't put it past them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

They may well think that, but unfortunately it aint gonna happen.

Unless they have about 30m to spend.

I hope they don't come out with that guff at the start of next season- I wouldn't put it past them.

I was being sarcastic, I’m seriously wondering if I will see us play in the Prem before I meet my maker 

• Like 2

Tinnion imo...confuses success by creating good players, rather than a good team. 

These players either come from the pathway he created from the Academy, which he uses to attract young players to sign for us. Then shows them that if they do well, they can use us as a stepping stone to get bigger contracts at better clubs.  

He's created this, the media and those in football talk about it. 

We are seen as a club that gives opportunity, are willing to sell when you personally do well, and are happy to continue doing that, whilst everyone says we are a great club to play for, but in the same breath hopeless underachievers. 

Basically we are now a ' window' for other clubs to come and cherry pick. 

And that...is seen as success. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

Listening to BT got me thinking about next season and who (of our established squad players and newcomers) I see as definitely part of the future.

So here goes, I’m sure this will divide opinion.

Players that I see as being definite ones for the future include:

Max O’Leary

Cam Ping

Rob Dickie

Zak Vyner

George Tanner

Jason Knight

Mark Sykes

Taylor Gardner-Hickman

Tommy Conway

Ross McCorie

Rob Atkinson

+ the new recent recruits

Those that I would happily see depart include:

Anis Memheti

Harry Cornick

All the rest I would be on the fence about that includes:

Nahki Wells

Joe Williams

Matty James

Andy King

Sam Bell

Haydon Roberts

Kal Naismith

My sense is Williams, James and King won’t be offered new contracts, Pring, Conway and maybe Vyner could be tempted by pastures new and move on. Plus a couple of others, perhaps Wells and Naismith depart.

Let the debate commence.

With the players we have secured in the recent window it looks like a new midfield with Murphy, Knight, TGH and Bird being the core.

Depending on outgoings I fancy our defence will remain as is, Max, Cam, Zac, Rob D, Rob A, Ross and George.

It’s been clear for sometime that we need another striker and as BT indicated a 23-24 year old physical and pacey forward would be ideal. Then, again depending on outgoings/incomings, they’d be joined by Conway, Sykes, Bell, Wells, Mebude (if he stays), Twine (if he stays)

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

Tinnion imo...confuses success by creating good players, rather than a good team. 

These players either come from the pathway he created from the Academy, which he uses to attract young players to sign for us. Then shows them that if they do well, they can use us as a stepping stone to get bigger contracts at better clubs.  

He's created this, the media and those in football talk about it. 

We are seen as a club that gives opportunity, are willing to sell when you personally do well, and are happy to continue doing that, whilst everyone says we are a great club to play for, but in the same breath hopeless underachievers. 

Basically we are now a ' window' for other clubs to come and cherry pick. 

And that...is seen as success. 

The submissive attitude of a bloke who made a living playing a league below his level 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Why did these ***** at the top literally just write the season off in October

Absolutely frikking pointless behaviour from them, Pearson needed to at least have the season

So, can I get a refund on my SC?

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The submissive attitude of a bloke who made a living playing a league below his level 

Exactly, and failed managing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Listening to BT got me thinking about next season and who (of our established squad players and newcomers) I see as definitely part of the future.

Max O’Leary

Cam Ping

Rob Dickie

Zak Vyner

George Tanner

Jason Knight

Mark Sykes

Taylor Gardner-Hickman

Tommy Conway

Ross McCorie

Rob Atkinson

Anis Memheti

Harry Cornick

Nahki Wells

Joe Williams

Matty James

Andy King

Sam Bell

Haydon Roberts

Kal Naismith

My sense is Williams, James and King won’t be offered new contracts, Pring, Conway and maybe Vyner could be tempted by pastures new and move on. Plus a couple of others, perhaps Wells and Naismith depart.

Let the debate commence.

With the players we have secured in the recent window it looks like a new midfield with Murphy, Knight, TGH and Bird being the core.

Depending on outgoings I fancy our defence will remain as is, Max, Cam, Zac, Rob D, Rob A, Ross and George.

It’s been clear for sometime that we need another striker and as BT indicated a 23-24 year old physical and pacey forward would be ideal. Then, again depending on outgoings/incomings, they’d be joined by Conway, Sykes, Bell, Wells, Mebude (if he stays), Twine (if he stays)

Such a large overhaul feels less than conducive to success and perhaps would prove counterproductive, to our detriment.

Question is. If we buy a big striker and a number 10 will Manning be told that they need to be played in their natural positions?

I’ll take last night as a prime example. Plays both Wells and Conway. I think great either going to play two up or Conway just behind Wells. No same formation just played Wells up on his own and played a striker on the wing with a Centre Midfielder on the other wing?

Winning losing or drawing our formation doesn’t change!! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Sounds like the makings of a decent League one side, being built.

Not joking, it's reminding me of the kind of signings that Ipswich made under Hurst in their rebuild with their 'stable'cost-cutting owner Evans.

Now where did they finish again?

Oh.

• Flames 1

Mediocre Bristol city with their mediocre head coach, mediocre players, mediocre top management and mediocre front foot high intensity football…

…deliver mediocrity season in season out.

I have a big concern that we will go backward next year. Possibly even relegation. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

47 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Max O’Leary

Cam Ping

Rob Dickie

Zak Vyner

George Tanner

Jason Knight

Mark Sykes

Taylor Gardner-Hickman

Tommy Conway

Ross McCorie

Rob Atkinson

Anis Memheti

Harry Cornick

Nahki Wells

Joe Williams

Matty James

Andy King

Sam Bell

Haydon Roberts

Kal Naismith

Let the debate commence.

I've been thinking about this all day.

I think it's an absolute must to keep James here and possibly King too, if only in a coaching role for King. 

I say this because with so many young midfielders coming in, I feel his experience will be invaluable to them. Just like how Wells has had a positive impact on Conway. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Mediocre Bristol city with their mediocre head coach, mediocre players, mediocre top management and mediocre front foot high intensity football…

…deliver mediocrity season in season out.

I have a big concern that we will go backward next year. Possibly even relegation. 

Mediocre top management? I wish they were that good. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've been thinking about this all day.

I think it's an absolute must to keep James here and possibly King too, if only in a coaching role for King. 

I say this because with so many young midfielders coming in, I feel his experience will be invaluable to them. Just like how Wells has had a positive impact on Conway. 

I agree, however, I suspect they will not be offered new contracts and in part because of their history with NP. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I agree, however, I suspect they will not be offered new contracts and in part because of their history with NP. 

Losing all the experience is a big concern for me. You need to retain the older heads to pull the young ones through.  Would Scott and Tommy have progressed so well without King’s and Andi’s clear support for example. Moot I guess but I don’t think they would’ve. Also raises concerns about Manning’s management style IF we don’t retain or recruit experienced pros.  But we will see how things pan out. 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Why did these ***** at the top literally just write the season off in October

Absolutely frikking pointless behaviour from them, Pearson needed to at least have the season

I expect we were going to be happy to let Pearson's deal run down and expire but I think Pearson probably did something which made his position untenable as to why we changed when we did, I expect something like 'give me a new contract now or you can **** yourselves', Pearson had been very vocal about wanting a new deal and we probably had no intention if giving it so Pearson probably thought why waste my time for several months with nothing to work towards for him, even if we went up I doubt he'd have got a new deal. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RedReg said:

Makes me laugh how we all of a sudden have a "budget" now Nige has gone after not being able to bring anyone in when Scott was sold in the summer 

& this is my biggest gripe. Give it to a man that has been there & done it. A man that clearly had a plan. & let him get on with what most of us could see he was doing. So frustrating! COYR

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Max O’Leary

Cam Ping

Rob Dickie

Zak Vyner

George Tanner

Jason Knight

Mark Sykes

Taylor Gardner-Hickman

Tommy Conway

Ross McCorie

Rob Atkinson

Anis Memheti

Harry Cornick

Nahki Wells

Joe Williams

Matty James

Andy King

Sam Bell

Haydon Roberts

Kal Naismith

Let the debate commence.

I agree with almost all of your choices apart from Mehmeti. I think there is a player there who is comfortable accepting the ball and he deserves some time and a run in the team. He may come good, he may not, but we don't really have anyone else like him.

The only other one i'm slightly unsure about is Tanner. If he's a back up right back then maybe, but i just don't think he's good enough to be starting regularly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1