IGNORED

U21s tonight

JBFC II

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

That would be a shame, who did you hear that from?

Only pub talk mate so could be nothing in it but apparently he knocked on mannings door when he got dropped from the side and wasn't a happy boy, then all of a sudden he gets taken completely out of the match day squads and starts playing for the u18s 🤷🏻‍♂️ I do remember at the time manning was very publicly saying he isnt ready etc 

Edited by BCFC31

11 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Only pub talk mate so could be nothing in it but apparently he knocked on mannings door when he got dropped from the side and wasn't a happy boy, then all of a sudden he gets taken completely out of the match day squads and starts playing for the u18s 🤷🏻‍♂️ I do remember at the time manning was very publicly saying he isnt ready etc 

If that's true and in his defence to me knocking on the managers door after being dropped to ask why shows a desire and hunger to find out why, improve and get back into the team, but I suppose we don't know what was said.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DaveF said:

If that's true and in his defence to me knocking on the managers door after being dropped to ask why shows a desire and hunger to find out why, improve and get back into the team, but I suppose we don't know what was said.

The clue's in the bit that goes "Only pub talk but apparently..." 

13 minutes ago, DaveF said:

It's also in the bit that goes 'if that's true...'

When a rumour starts "Only pub talk but apparently..." why are you even wondering if it's true? How likely is that? Not very, I'd say.

It reeks of wannabe itk bullsh1t straightaway, never mind then going on to suggest a 17 year old with a few minutes of first team football has been banging down the manager's door.

So I don't know about you but I smell horsesh1t.  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

When a rumour starts "Only pub talk but apparently..." why are you even wondering if it's true? How likely is that? Not very, I'd say.

It reeks of wannabe itk bullsh1t straightaway, never mind then going on to suggest a 17 year old with a few minutes of first team football has been banging down the manager's door.

You're right, of course.

But if we can't indulge a bit of a rumour and gossip on the forum what can we do eh @Merrick's Marvels?

3 hours ago, DaveF said:

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

To be fair, I remember this story and the source is Liam Manning:

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/liam-manning-bristol-city-ephraim-yeboah-4437831

In the article, Manning says that Yeboah knocked on his door (whether metaphorically or physically) after a period out of the first team to ask what he had to do. It’s not a stretch to suggest he knocked on the door as he wasn’t happy in being out of the team and tbh that’s all the post here really says. The part about then being only in U18s is factually correct so I’m not sure what the issue is here?

14 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/liam-manning-bristol-city-ephraim-yeboah-4437831

In the article, Manning says that Yeboah knocked on his door (whether metaphorically or physically) after a period out of the first team to ask what he had to do. It’s not a stretch to suggest he knocked on the door as he wasn’t happy in being out of the team and tbh that’s all the post here really says. The part about then being only in U18s is factually correct so I’m not sure what the issue is here?

I was responding to the suggestion - posted as if it was fact - that Yeboah has a bad attitude, had thrown his toys out the pram, might be a bad egg and has been slapped down as a result. 

All based on "only pub talk but apparently..."

But thanks for the link as this suggests it's more likely a grown up conversation was had and him spending more time in the U18s than the first team since Manning arrived may not have anything to do with his attitude. 

It’s perfectly obvious to anyone with a half a brain who’s seen Yeboah play that he’s incredibly raw. And to anyone with half a brain, it's also perfectly obvious this is likely to be the reason he’s back with the U18s.

Yet some are unable to come to that reasonable, logical conclusion and prefer to go with:

“He’s been demoted right back down to the u18s I’m hearing he has a big attitude problem”.

And then when asked to back that up

– “That would be a shame, who did you hear that from” – “Where did you hear this? I can’t imagine that being the case, he seems a very well mannered young lad and doesn’t strike me as the type” – I watched him play in the u18s and didn’t seem to be an issue with his attitude on the pitch” – “I don’t know where the story of Yeboah having an attitude problem comes from, it’s the opposite from what I have been told” – “Just came from an attention seeker” (BINGO!)  

the reply begins “Only pub talk but apparently…”

I mean, it’s laughable. How thick can some people actually be? To either believe it or want to post it on the internet. Should be used to it by now but it gets my goat, I'm afraid.   

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I was responding to the suggestion - posted as if it was fact - that Yeboah has a bad attitude, had thrown his toys out the pram, might be a bad egg and has been slapped down as a result. 

But thanks for the link as this suggests it's more likely a grown up conversation was had and him spending more time in the U18s than the first team since Manning arrived may not have anything to do with his attitude. 

It’s perfectly obvious to anyone with a half a brain who’s seen Yeboah play that he’s incredibly raw. And to anyone with half a brain, it's also perfectly obvious this is likely to be the reason he’s back with the U18s.

Yet some are unable to come to that reasonable, logical conclusion and prefer to go with:

“He’s been demoted right back down to the u18s I’m hearing he has a big attitude problem”.

– “That would be a shame, who did you hear that from” – “Where did you hear this? I can’t imagine that being the case, he seems a very well mannered young lad and doesn’t strike me as the type” – I watched him play in the u18s and didn’t seem to be an issue with his attitude on the pitch” – “I don’t know where the story of Yeboah having an attitude problem comes from, it’s the opposite from what I have been told” – “Just came from an attention seeker” (BINGO!)  

I mean, it’s laughable. How thick can some people actually be? To either believe it or want to post it on the internet. Should be used to it by now but it gets my goat, I'm afraid.   

I think it's worse these days with social media. Someone picks up on that post here and posts it on one or two of the other outlets, that gets picked up again and recycled back on here and all of a sudden it's a "fact" that he has a "bad attitude". It then becomes difficult for him to prove that wrong.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think it's worse these days with social media. Someone picks up on that post here and posts it on one or two of the other outlets, that gets picked up again and recycled back on here and all of a sudden it's a "fact" that he has a "bad attitude". It then becomes difficult for him to prove that wrong.

Yes which is exactly why this annoys me so much. It's not only dumb behaviour but irresponsible.

These people will be the adults in the room, one day.

Dear god, we're all done for when that happens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes which is exactly why this annoys me so much. It's not only dumb behaviour but irresponsible.

These people will be the adults in the room, one day.

Dear god, we're all done for when that happens. 

It’s an interpretation/embellishment piece isn’t it?

We know it to be factually correct that Yeboah knocked on Mannings door to question his time out of the team, and since then, has been in the U18s.

Now, the issue with that statement is that it implies that Yeboah is in the U18s because he knocked on Mannings door (and we don’t know for definite that isn’t the case - and even if it were it could be more about LMs attitude than EYs!)

But, the rest of the article talks about how EYs development they think would be best served by being in the U18s. So reading just the paragraph (and as you say, it then being passed around), easily gives a narrative of poor attitude which isn’t in place if the rest of the article is read.

This sums up what happens often on the internet nicely!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Or….it did come from a “better” source but people are reticent to reveal.

I’ve hard two similar(ish) stories on Ephraim…and one countered by someone else.

So I’m categorising them somewhere in the middle as “the boy isn’t backward in coming forward, but is going through the peaks and troughs of the development cycle”.

If I want to take the more sensationalist side, I’d be saying “no smoke without fire”.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s the source of the “Yeboah knocked on Manning’s door” story. Which I don’t think anyone doubted.

It’s not the source of the “Yeboah has an attitude” story. Quite the opposite: Manning is very positive about him in the article. I’d say that story still has its source down the pub and nowhere else! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or….it did come from a “better” source but people are reticent to reveal.

I’ve hard two similar(ish) stories on Ephraim…and one countered by someone else.

So I’m categorising them somewhere in the middle as “the boy isn’t backward in coming forward, but is going through the peaks and troughs of the development cycle”.

If I want to take the more sensationalist side, I’d be saying “no smoke without fire”.

All entirely reasonable. 

But “He’s been demoted right back down to the u18s I’m hearing he has a big attitude problem” isn't. Imo. And the fact you have to explain to people why is a sad reflection on where we are. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

All entirely reasonable. 

But “He’s been demoted right back down to the u18s I’m hearing he has a big attitude problem” isn't. Imo. And the fact you have to explain to people why is a sad reflection on where we are. 

Yep, the tendency to jump to the sensationalist side of events is all too common.  The choice to take that view without attempting to question is just as bad.

4 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Mate get off your high horse I'm saying what I have heard nothing more nothing less it could be true it could be false the same as him being a good little boy could also not be the case. Either way I don't care he isn't ready loan him out imo 

Edited by BCFC31

2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Mate get off your high horse I'm saying what I have heard nothing more nothing less it could be true it could be false the same as him being a good little boy could also not be the case. Either way I don't care he isn't ready loan him out imo 

The point is you might want to consider if it's horseshit or not before you post it. For the reasons stated. Which no doubt are beyond your ken.

42 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The point is you might want to consider if it's horseshit or not before you post it. For the reasons stated. Which no doubt are beyond your ken.

horseshit gets posted on this forum all the time, why has this one upset you so much?  

If Yeboah knocked on my door (I'm the fictional head coach here), asking why he wasn't in the team, I'd say, because I've watched all your appearances to date and whilst you've got huge potential, I'm not convinced that you're ready for this level. Settle down, work hard and be patient.

• Like 1

Yeboah doesn’t have attitude issues above and beyond those of any other young pro footballer. I have been reliably informed he was just not up to the level LM demands in training, and so has moved back down to the 18’s. However Nelson has shown up in training and is keeping his place training with the seniors. Not all players paths are straightforward- and LM clearly has expectations all players have to meet. No idea if it’s the right way to do things, but he isn’t a “bad egg”.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Yeboah doesn’t have attitude issues above and beyond those of any other young pro footballer. I have been reliably informed he was just not up to the level LM demands in training, and so has moved back down to the 18’s. However Nelson has shown up in training and is keeping his place training with the seniors. Not all players paths are straightforward- and LM clearly has expectations all players have to meet. No idea if it’s the right way to do things, but he isn’t a “bad egg”.

He showed he was good enough with his appearances as a sub in Pearsons reign. He has natural pace, skilful and is aggressive. When he got on there was a noticeable buzz in the crowd. Some players dont always stand out in training. He's being wasted. We've just signed Dire yet a similar player is now in the U18s. 

6 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

He showed he was good enough with his appearances as a sub in Pearsons reign. He has natural pace, skilful and is aggressive. When he got on there was a noticeable buzz in the crowd. Some players dont always stand out in training. He's being wasted. We've just signed Dire yet a similar player is now in the U18s. 

Did he? I thought he looked well disciplined when he didn’t have the ball but when in possession, looked a bit like Bambi on ice. 
Still very raw which is natural given his age but he was definitely not ready for first team appearances. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Did he? I thought he looked well disciplined when he didn’t have the ball but when in possession, looked a bit like Bambi on ice. 
Still very raw which is natural given his age but he was definitely not ready for first team appearances. 

Totally agree. Nothing wrong with his attitude and effort, but he was far behind the likes of Bell when it came to what he did on the ball (and Bell isn't quite top half Championship level yet).

54 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

I've nothing against Yeboah, but I saw him every time he was used and he was clearly not ready for 1st team champ football. Pacey, committed, physically a handful, but looked not to have a football brain as yet. I sincerely hope Adire is at a much higher level!

• Like 1

Wasn't it about a year ago that Yeboah was going to be released?

Then he put his head down and did all he could to prove NP/the decision makers wrong.

That speaks to a good work ethic, and suggests there's no necessarily an attitude problem, but it could also be that he started to have 'made it' and dropped off.

Or that his progression just didn't continue at the rate of before.

Or that his squad place had partly been a reward for his work rate

Or about a dozen other scenarios, some of which have already been suggested on this thread.

None of it means anything other than he's not in the first team squad at the moment.