IGNORED

Middlesbrough away match thread

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Missed the first half hour as was otherwise engaged and phone flat

What a pleasant surprise to see a) A sensible team selection and b) What seems like a deserved lead.

Assist for Dickie, goal for James interesting. Should Knight medium term with a fair wind be aiming at 5-10 goals per season?

Knight so so much better when playing in the central 10 looks so much better through the middle then having to stretch the pitch with that line run 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

He's not shocking, he's just a young lad who will blow hot and cold and had a big hit to his confidence a few days ago.

I'm not sure if he'll become a quality Championship player for the record, but he's not shocking by any stretch of the imagination imo.

Ok not shocking  just very poor at this level 

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
4 minutes ago, The Coach said:

One time performance? Ok

He's played well I many games. 

Gets moved about the team and gets played in unfamiliar positions. Never moans about it just gets on with it and does a job. 

But suddenly he's a rubbish player cos he's missed a chance when we're already 3 nil up. Pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

Could be a perfect Saturday :laugh:.

To quote Matt Nation in "My favourite year" A City away win was never complete unless it coincided with a Rovers home defeat.

Meanwhile, Saints, City's next opponents, are losing 2-0 at home to Huddersfield.

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

We’re winning 2-0 and all I see is negative comments 😂.

Great first half performance all round. Cornick having a good game and so is Bell. 
 Dominating again, but we’ve actually put some of our chances away. We should be out of sight, but these things happen. 

COYRS

Absolutely right. If we had been this clinical in other recent games, there wouldn't be all this frustration with our ppg.

Hope we hold on for the points, and if so, I hope people free their minds and actually enjoy it.

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Left him off but he is a scapegoat as well isn’t he.  Why isn’t he the perfect keeper though ?!

******* hell, how has a thread where there's been almost no criticism of max (barring him rushing out and there being a mix up- which we got away with) ended up where he's now somehow a scapegoat?

you've got a victim complex on his behalf!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Super said:

What did he say?

Basically that Toby Osborne said off screen that even he could score it.

Jest or not, you don't need your own RobinsTV employees mocking a player who no doubt is struggling for confidence. No probs off-screen, but nothing to gain in saying that on-air.

Edited by Sturgess
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He's played well I many games. 

Gets moved about the team and gets played in unfamiliar positions. Never moans about it just gets on with it and does a job. 

But suddenly he's a rubbish player cos he's missed a chance when we're already 3 nil up. Pathetic. 

Or perhaps he just isn’t good enough at this level. Something I’ve said from day one.

I don’t care if he’s a local lad or not. I want top players at the club who will push us to the next level. Bell isn’t one of them, but that’s just my opinion. 

Edited by The Coach

Well….that was a pleasant watch for 45 mins.

As good a league 45 under Manning from an attacking point of view (better than Watford imho).

Well done LM for playing Cornick v Ayling.  When I saw line-up / team sheet I thought Bell would play left, and I worried whether Ayling might play a physical game.  But Cornick has really put him off his game, and been at the heart of a lot of good stuff.

Great goal from Knight, in terms of Dickie striding forward.

James goal - reckon he’s give the keeper the eyes?  Becayse the bender to the far corner was the obvious shot.

Only little negative is that when we’ve not pressed high, blocked high and resorted to a block, we’ve allowed them to play through us a bit.  Think TGH and MJ can commit 5 yards higher and get Dickie and Vyner higher too.

But well done everyone.  Finish the job now City, and end this poor run of results.

❤️❤️❤️

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

We’re winning 2-0 and all I see is negative comments 😂.

Great first half performance all round. Cornick having a good game and so is Bell. 
 Dominating again, but we’ve actually put some of our chances away. We should be out of sight, but these things happen. 

COYRS

Some people use football as a moaning negative vehicle. It’s bizarre but true 

5 minutes ago, TomSutton said:

Knight so so much better when playing in the central 10 looks so much better through the middle then having to stretch the pitch with that line run 

I'd say so.

I've always been interested in a possible when all fit, Sykes-Knight-Twine 3 behind Wells or Conway.

That gives a strong flexibility as it can easily go to a 4-3-3/4-5-1 when required out of possession.

2 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

******* hell, how has a thread where there's been almost no criticism of max (barring him rushing out and there being a mix up- which we got away with) ended up where he's now somehow a scapegoat?

you've got a victim complex on his behalf!

There are some rather extreme reactions on here when you dare to criticise some players. Today's thread is illustrating that quite clearly!

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sometimes I swear people forget that footballers are human beings. 

Think we've discovered in this thread those that gave Bell shit for his penalty miss. 

Bell is a life long Bristol City fan. You will struggle to ever find a player of ours who it means more to than him. He's exactly the sort of player I want in our team! 

He missed a penalty against Premier league Forest just a few days ago which saw his boyhood club get knocked out of the FA Cup and miss out on a massive game at Ashton Gate. We all saw what it meant to him after the game when he was crying. 

Of course the poor lad is going to be a bit short on confidence. Let's get behind him ffs not give him shit for missing a chance when we're already 2 nil up. 

Well said

Sam Bell or

<Insert Name Here> <Choose any of the various expensive , overpaid , disinterested , waste of money signings , with no interest in Bristol City , since we’ve been back in Championship)

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well….that was a pleasant watch for 45 mins.

As good a league 45 under Manning from an attacking point of view (better than Watford imho).

Well done LM for playing Cornick v Ayling.  When I saw line-up / team sheet I thought Bell would play left, and I worried whether Ayling might play a physical game.  But Cornick has really put him off his game, and been at the heart of a lot of good stuff.

Great goal from Knight, in terms of Dickie striding forward.

James goal - reckon he’s give the keeper the eyes?  Becayse the bender to the far corner was the obvious shot.

Only little negative is that when we’ve not pressed high, blocked high and resorted to a block, we’ve allowed them to play through us a bit.  Think TGH and MJ can commit 5 yards higher and get Dickie and Vyner higher too.

But well done everyone.  Finish the job now City, and end this poor run of results.

❤️❤️❤️

Definitely gave the keeper the eyes!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You got 35/45 I reckon.

Is it greedy if I ask for another 35/45...