IGNORED

George Tanner

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he was excellent WITH the ball today.  Seemed to want to attack his man and with success too.  Has developed into a very tidy Championship performer.

On the money this time Dave,probably his best performance and he’s had a few,forget about he might not be able to cross a ball this lad can defend 

Incredibly happy for George Tanner, on the pitch for a chunk of the season has been hard for him but recently he has looked incredible and I really hope this continues for him. I think right now Atkinson will find it hard to come into the back 3 and will have to work very hard to get there.

25 minutes ago, petehinton said:

My MOTM today by far. Having McCrorie back is probably the safety net, and also competition for him to step up, he so greatly needed. 

McCrorie has made a massive impact on George’s performance the competition he needed and has risen too with aplomb 

So much of what he does is unnoticed because it isn’t eye catching but he has developed massively this season for me

His confidence moving forward is improving but defensively whether one on one, breaking up play or sometimes just knocking it out rather than over play in a dangerous position is outstanding so his decision making gets better month on month

I remember his screamer of a shot against Sheff Utd a few years ago that hit the post so hopefully he’ll have a pop again soon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Delighted for him - something very likeable about him 

Quiet , unassuming , zero ego , and gets his head down and gets on with it - has settled and improved bit by bit

Good on him and an excellent piece of recruitment 

That goes for a lot of our lads tbf,the big Bertie bollox don’t last down here now 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he was excellent WITH the ball today.  Seemed to want to attack his man and with success too.  Has developed into a very tidy Championship performer.

Where has the real George Tanner gone? Up until around 2 months ago, he was hesitant andnegative going forward. Since then, and certainly since McCrorie returned he has , without doubt been our most improved player. Well done that man.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

9 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Where has the real George Tanner gone? Up until around 2 months ago, he was hesitant andnegative going forward. Since then, and certainly since McCrorie returned he has , without doubt been our most improved player. Well done that man.

You've answered your own question.

Tanner so much better with McCrorie. He can get forward knowing the pass (forward) is on, or the space will open up with the run.

Was particularly depressing seeing him trying to get forward with Weimann constantly drifting infield away from him, no pass, no space. 

4 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Getting better and better - defends well…..just need him to continue improving his attacking part of his game 👍

What a snip at £300k

Nigel worked with a budget and delivered so well in the market. Would have loved him to have had the LJ money, I’m convinced he would have got us to the play offs. 

• Flames 1

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He has come on alot since Manning come in! Maybe he just needed the proper on the grass 1 to 1 coaching I have been his biggest critic but love what I'm seeing from him now looks a totally different player 

Edited by BCFC31

7 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

He has come on alot since Manning come in! Maybe he just needed the proper on the grass 1 to 1 coaching I have been his biggest critic but love what I'm seeing from him now looks a totally different player 

I’ve argued he’s been steady with the ball all season.  Yesterday was nice to see him take on his man, that gives his opposing defender something different to think about.

• Like 1

Whilst I agree with the praise Tanner is getting for his overall performance, I do think he could've prevented their goal. It looked to me like he was poised to intercept the cross but for some reason pulls out. Perhaps he had a poor call from his teammates or a dodgy unsportsmanlike call to leave it from the Boro player who took the shot.

Another solid performance from George tonight.

Took stick earlier in the season for the passing backward which I thought at the time was harsh as I think his options were often limited.

But tonight he was solid defensively but also made some driving runs forward and attacked more than normal.

Didn’t do a bad job at left back either when he moved over.

A really good guy to have in the squad I think

42 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Took stick earlier in the season for the passing backward which I thought at the time was harsh as I think his options were often limited.

I was highly critical of Tanner and backward play (albeit noting that his options in front were often non-existent). Just wished then, that he would take it and run with it. 

This is now emerging as part of his game. Solid performance from a young man I am beginning to trust to do the right thing. Some credit to Vyner too....he often prompts and keeps him right! 

I love George Tanner. If I was the type to get a player's name on the back of the shirt, then he'd be in the reckoning. Wholehearted commitment, brilliant one on one defending, getting better going forwards and you can guarantee he's giving absolutely everything. Improving game by game, didn't cost much, no ego. The kind of player you want at your club when you want everyone to be giving their all for the badge. Forza George Tanner. Forza East Enders (might have had an ale or 6). 

Edited by dazza247
  • Like 1