IGNORED

Happy now

BS3_RED

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You helped to create the OTIB NK so don't moan. NP has gone and the club moves on even if you can't.

Your recent repetitive statements that the season was over in January is somewhat misguided but no doubt if NP was still in charge and in the same points position then you'd be booking hotels in Manchester for next season.

Huh? The season is over. 

And of you look back through my posts you will see I said in the summer that top 10 was the minimum expectation for Nige this season. 

The only people that are mentioning Nige is the anti Nige brigade. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

27 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I really feel that that are a lot on here ( from reading their posts) who want Manning to fail just so it backs up their view that NP should not have been sacked. 

A lot, really?

I’m really not seeing all this anti Manning stuff you’re seeing. Managers will always be criticised. It is ok to question the way managers play so why not Manning? That doesn’t equate to being anti Manning.

As with many other things in life you can’t have an opinion out opposing view without being completely anti something. 

It’s not a problem. People have views that differ. No one wants City or Manning to do badly, just because they have a view about how they might play better etc. 

There’s no point to the forum if you can’t critique a game. 

• Like 2

I hope, and always have hoped, Manning will do well for us. But I’m still pissed off with the lies and bullshit that came from Tinnion and JL. But that ain’t on Manning, it’s on those lying, deluded *****. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

People are very angry aren’t they.

After a fantastic much needed win and some impressive consecutive performances against PL sides (which is a rarity in my support since the 80's)- yes I guess there's much anger that our club hasn't self combusted in the way which some have predicted. 

• Facepalm 2

55 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I've never seen so many people moan as I have since manning took charge.  Some of the flack he has took is a joke. New to this standard and club it would always take a bit of time.  We have put good performances in the cup and if we can replicate that in the league we will do well.  Watford away was outstanding and today was also pretty spot on from the small part i watched ( I was working today)

I really think that people are giving him the flack for decisions that are beyond his control (NP sacking).

We are safe this season, so just sit back, shut the fck up and lets see what happens in August.

EDIT

Oh and if you want to slag me off for daring to see things different, go ahead. I could not give a shit. 

If watching City really pisses you off that much, you can always go and watch the sags. You wont be missed. 

I smell gas! 

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I really feel that that are a lot on here ( from reading their posts) who want Manning to fail just so it backs up their view that NP should not have been sacked. 

Disagree, opinions on here are a sociologist dream.

There is a whole science of covering change. As context my employer has over the past 2 years cut 50% of the workforce, and to help people manage change they’ve provided some change management sessions. One of the instruments used  in the sessions, is the change curve, which covers the start of the change - anger, and then goes through a number of stages, denial, shock, depression and then you reach openness to change, acceptance and then embracing the change.

I think views on the forum are very reflective of these different stages and where individuals are on the curve and everyone has their own starting point and their own rate of change and indeed some will never wish to embrace change, from a work perspective they leave and from a forum perspective they just get ignored.

I don’t think that there are people deliberately wanting Manning to fail, I’d suggest that assuming we all want our team to play attractive and successful football, then their perceived negativity is merely a reflection on where they are on the curve and the obvious targets to express their fustration is Manning, Tinnion and or the Lansdowns.

if my memory serves me right Cotts was not initially a widely celebrated choice initially, but he brought about one of the most successful and attractive City teams I seen in my lifetime and most supporters I suggest would agree he was a great appointment.

No problem with being critical about Manning at times, I’ve been critical about his tactics this afternoon, and I was very critical when he first joined, but I’m being won over by some of the performances and the positive results of the coaching on a number of players, so I guess I’m moving towards acceptance.

• Like 5

If any fan wants Liam to fail, that is insane and PLEASE stop supporting the club immediately.

We all want any Bristol City manager to be successful. Period. 

It all comes back to the decision to make the change, nothing more,  nothing less. 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

What a weird post

Manning has barely taken any stick and only very few shouting for him to be sacked , it's all directed at Tinnion and Lansdown

We are far from the play off challengers they hoped for in making the change

....and if Manning is a success for us, is it not due to Tinnion and Lansdown???

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

I've never seen so many people moan as I have since manning took charge.  Some of the flack he has took is a joke. New to this standard and club it would always take a bit of time.  We have put good performances in the cup and if we can replicate that in the league we will do well.  Watford away was outstanding and today was also pretty spot on from the small part i watched ( I was working today)

I really think that people are giving him the flack for decisions that are beyond his control (NP sacking).

We are safe this season, so just sit back, shut the fck up and lets see what happens in August.

EDIT

Oh and if you want to slag me off for daring to see things different, go ahead. I could not give a shit. 

If watching City really pisses you off that much, you can always go and watch the sags. You wont be missed. 

What a weird post

17 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If any fan wants Liam to fail, that is insane and PLEASE stop supporting the club immediately.

We all want any Bristol City manager to be successful. Period. 

It all comes back to the decision to make the change, nothing more,  nothing less. 

The decision and the reasoning IMO.

14 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

....and if Manning is a success for us, is it not due to Tinnion and Lansdown???

To some degree, but given the competence of the structure it is debatable and could well also owe something to the stable, solid foundations left in November 2023.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Yes, you can go and watch them.  You wont be missed. 

Mate.

This is the most bollocks argument ever. 

Someone disagrees with you - they must be gas!

You clearly care, and that’s laudable. But your methodology of making your point is absolutely ridiculous. Hes not gas. Hes just reacting to a frankly ridiculous post.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

What a weird post

Manning has barely taken any stick and only very few shouting for him to be sacked , it's all directed at Tinnion and Lansdown

We are far from the play off challengers they hoped for in making the change

Manning’s best way of getting the fans onside is keeping it simple. He’s trying to be too clever IMO with this 2 x number 10 narrow way of playing. Tinnion should tell him City fans like to be entertained, pace and width, attacking football. Playing the 4.3.3 in first half of last two games has been better, but he then complicates it. Stop your circles and lines on the training pitch, football is a simple game. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

EDIT

Steady on Liam, it’s not a good look if you get on the piss on the team bus on a long journey back home 😏

14 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Sorry but this attitude drives me kind of mad. It's bloody February, as far as I know I shelled out £600 for a season ticket, not something that finished not even 2/3 of the way through?

Soton in 2nd about 200 games unbeaten getting boo'd off at half time today for being behind, they go on and win 5-3. I'll never forget us being 2-0 up at Leeds at Elland Road, who were in a similar position, them getting boo'd off, and coming back in the second half to draw.

Meanwhile we're here happy with our first win of the year in February, it's a tough league, it's a transition year, blah blah - on to next year. Don't worry about the losses, or the crap football - our PPG will eek out our 9th consecutive season in the Championship bobbling around mid table without enough excitement to stop half the crowd disappearing down to the concourse 10m early each half.

It's a rant and I'm sorry, but being safe in Feb at some point has to stop being an achievement and start being the minimum expected of us. It's fine to say we're happy with a win but not the entire performance.

Yes I'm happy we're not getting relegated and I saw a few good cup matches but **** me we're so soft sometimes.

Yep. I'm pretty annoyed that our season is already over in Feb. I didn't spend all this money this season for another rebuild and to see what happens next season. 

Not sure how many games I'm going to attend for the rest of the season. 

Going into this season I expected a top 10 finish and to challange for the play offs in the final weeks. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

55 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Disagree, opinions on here are a sociologist dream.

There is a whole science of covering change. As context my employer has over the past 2 years cut 50% of the workforce, and to help people manage change they’ve provided some change management sessions. One of the instruments used  in the sessions, is the change curve, which covers the start of the change - anger, and then goes through a number of stages, denial, shock, depression and then you reach openness to change, acceptance and then embracing the change.

I think views on the forum are very reflective of these different stages and where individuals are on the curve and everyone has their own starting point and their own rate of change and indeed some will never wish to embrace change, from a work perspective they leave and from a forum perspective they just get ignored.

I don’t think that there are people deliberately wanting Manning to fail, I’d suggest that assuming we all want our team to play attractive and successful football, then their perceived negativity is merely a reflection on where they are on the curve and the obvious targets to express their fustration is Manning, Tinnion and or the Lansdowns.

if my memory serves me right Cotts was not initially a widely celebrated choice initially, but he brought about one of the most successful and attractive City teams I seen in my lifetime and most supporters I suggest would agree he was a great appointment.

No problem with being critical about Manning at times, I’ve been critical about his tactics this afternoon, and I was very critical when he first joined, but I’m being won over by some of the performances and the positive results of the coaching on a number of players, so I guess I’m moving towards acceptance.

Professional Anthropologist here, couldn't agree more. Forums like these are rich pickings sociologically. All the freaks come out 😂

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mate.

You clearly care, and that’s laudable. But your methodology of making your point is absolutely ridiculous. Hes not gas. Hes just reacting to a frankly ridiculous post.

I thought idliketorogermoore was suggesting that BS3 Red was gas?

1 hour ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

I smell gas! 

43 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Yes, you can go and watch them.  You wont be missed. 

37 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mate.

40 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mate.

Dude, he called me gas ffs. Learn to read. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

They are, and to be brutally honest that’s why I don’t think things are sustainable.

I genuinely dont think there is this big group hankering for Pearson back. The decision was made, it is what it is. To go over old ground, the issue is that what was appointed in Liam was a project as opposed to what they said it was.

And let’s be clear - that isn’t inherently Liams fault, but he has a degree of blame as he didn’t do the due diligence.

The anger stems from being lied to by Tinnion and Lansdown. The only way it abated is if we got an absolute golden bollocks manager who took us on a run which tore up the division. We didn’t - we got a project of a manager who has - as I said - a sketchy record. And the more signs that we have that we move to the failure side of that sketchy record, naturally things get more fraught as it calls the original decision into question.

I’m not sure anyone who has seen us under Liam can say that they have consistent confidence he can deliver what Tinnion and Lansdown said the next coach would. It’s a punt. And again, that’s not his fault. But he’s been sub par to date in my book, and I’ll call that out.

So, people are angry. Because we appointed a project coach. And to be clear, if we were 20th when he was taken on it wouldn’t be an issue. But we weren’t. And that’s the problem. His “rebuild” wasn’t needed. It was just desired by Brian. And a rebuild won’t get us there next season. So it’s not sustainable and the anger won’t abate.

Until a couple of people go.

Pretty much agree with most of this. And the table doesn't lie, Pearson had us in a better position than Manning does now. But how many counter-attacking, high press teams with tragic injury records get promoted or even challenge? And do you really think we would have not dropped off had Pearson remained?

They took a punt and it hasn't paid off.... But the rationale is and was solid. Jon and Tins have been made to look fools by their words rather than their actions.

Finally this whole argument is becoming increasingly reductive. We have no idea what happened behind closed doors other than two things: Pearson was (understandably so) becoming increasing inflammatory about his contract situation, and his health was affecting his ability to fulfil his responsibilities (I'll be the first to retract this when he takes on his next managerial role and smashes it). Both of these factors would have an impact on anyone's job security, let alone someone in such a high profile role.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yep. I'm pretty annoyed that our season is already over in Feb. I didn't spend all this money this season for another rebuild and to see what happens next season. 

Not sure how many games I'm going to attend for the rest of the season. 

Going into this season I expected a top 10 finish and to challange for the play offs in the final weeks. 

Why is the season over??

A third of the season is left, we are three points off 10th, four points off 7th and six points off sixth.

We have been very inconsistent but our good games have been fine. With fifteen games left, a reasonable run of good performances would easily see your expectations achieved. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Manning’s best way of getting the fans onside is keeping it simple. He’s trying to be too clever IMO with this 2 x number 10 narrow way of playing. Tinnion should tell him City fans like to be entertained, pace and width, attacking football. Playing the 4.3.3 in first half of last two games has been better, but he then complicates it. Stop your circles and lines on the training pitch, football is a simple game. 

You are considerably quieter on here after a win. Still keep up that upbeat attitude though.

• Flames 1