IGNORED

Happy now

BS3_RED

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Why is the season over??

A third of the season is left, we are three points off 10th, four points off 7th and six points off sixth.

We have been very inconsistent but our good games have been fine. With fifteen games left, a reasonable run of good performances would easily see your expectations achieved. 

I would absolutely love it if that happened. But I just cant see it right now. 

Without resorting to personal abuse, @BS3_RED stated “if watching City pisses you off this much you can go and watch the gas, you won’t be missed” thereby stating that anyone against his/her post was a rovers fan. Life is a bit more nuanced than that! @IdliketoRogerMoore was clearly being sarcastic, but that nuance was lost.So far from me needing to “learn to read” or others being “idiots”, it might be appropriate, y’know, not to be a dick in the opening post?

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

I've never seen so many people moan as I have since manning took charge.  Some of the flack he has took is a joke. New to this standard and club it would always take a bit of time.  We have put good performances in the cup and if we can replicate that in the league we will do well.  Watford away was outstanding and today was also pretty spot on from the small part i watched ( I was working today)

I really think that people are giving him the flack for decisions that are beyond his control (NP sacking).

We are safe this season, so just sit back, shut the fck up and lets see what happens in August.

EDIT

Oh and if you want to slag me off for daring to see things different, go ahead. I could not give a shit. 

If watching City really pisses you off that much, you can always go and watch the sags. You wont be missed. 

Those who say that they don’t care obviously say it because they do!

I really don’t read that much flack for Mr Manning as most are sensible enough to know what happened before him has nothing to do with him. 

However until today we had drawn three and lost three in the league, including a particularly dreadful performance in front of a capacity crowd at home.

The fact is 3 from 18 was not good enough and has nothing to do with Mr Pearson or Mr Lansdown jr. 

Great win today we all enjoyed it, even if some are not happy unless they are moaning! Good luck with the hangover. 

6 hours ago, RedRoss said:

You are considerably quieter on here after a win. Still keep up that upbeat attitude though.

That works both ways. A number of posters who were nowhere to be seen after three points in six league games (which is a really poor return whether we like it or not) now appear, stir the pot and throw their weight around against other posters. I assume we’ve got this adult scenario on here for another couple of years……..

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

I've never seen so many people moan as I have since manning took charge.  Some of the flack he has took is a joke. New to this standard and club it would always take a bit of time.  We have put good performances in the cup and if we can replicate that in the league we will do well.  Watford away was outstanding and today was also pretty spot on from the small part i watched ( I was working today)

I really think that people are giving him the flack for decisions that are beyond his control (NP sacking).

We are safe this season, so just sit back, shut the fck up and lets see what happens in August.

EDIT

Oh and if you want to slag me off for daring to see things different, go ahead. I could not give a shit. 

If watching City really pisses you off that much, you can always go and watch the sags. You wont be missed. 

Have you sobered up now BTW?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leveller said:

Why is the season over??

A third of the season is left, we are three points off 10th, four points off 7th and six points off sixth.

We have been very inconsistent but our good games have been fine. With fifteen games left, a reasonable run of good performances would easily see your expectations achieved. 

It was over for him when Pearson left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Sorry but this attitude drives me kind of mad. It's bloody February, as far as I know I shelled out £600 for a season ticket, not something that finished not even 2/3 of the way through?

Soton in 2nd about 200 games unbeaten getting boo'd off at half time today for being behind, they go on and win 5-3. I'll never forget us being 2-0 up at Leeds at Elland Road, who were in a similar position, them getting boo'd off, and coming back in the second half to draw.

Meanwhile we're here happy with our first win of the year in February, it's a tough league, it's a transition year, blah blah - on to next year. Don't worry about the losses, or the crap football - our PPG will eek out our 9th consecutive season in the Championship bobbling around mid table without enough excitement to stop half the crowd disappearing down to the concourse 10m early each half.

It's a rant and I'm sorry, but being safe in Feb at some point has to stop being an achievement and start being the minimum expected of us. It's fine to say we're happy with a win but not the entire performance.

Yes I'm happy we're not getting relegated and I saw a few good cup matches but **** me we're so soft sometimes.

You hit the nail on the head. One word you should have added. Inconsistency.

10 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

EDIT

Agree with what your getting at, think our expectations seemed to get out of control even since NP left and let’s be honest he hadn’t and wasn’t really taking us anywhere.

That team and the one selected mid week had no right to play at that level and get a result, they did due to the way thier set up and coached.

All credit to LM for me, really do think we’re in for an exciting 12-18 months.

COYR

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Redtucks said:

....and if Manning is a success for us, is it not due to Tinnion and Lansdown???

In fact it’s how they treated us as imbeciles and disrespected a thoroughly decent group of people, Pearson, Fleming etc in their classless  manner.

It was at least very cack handed which posed questions of competence or dishonest which questions the integrity of the guardians of our club. 
Manning to succeed ? We hope so.

The guys at the top have a long way to go to win back the trust of a good many of us mind. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In fact it’s how they treated us as imbeciles and disrespected a thoroughly decent group of people, Pearson, Fleming etc in their classless  manner.

It was at least very cack handed which posed questions of competence or dishonest which questions the integrity of the guardians of our club. 
Manning to succeed ? We hope so.

The guys at the top have a long way to go to win back the trust of a good many of us mind. 

And again it's a pearson thread, 

The "thoroughly decent people" stuff is so agenda fitting. That is unless you know all the prior coaching staff on a personal level.

Not looking for an argument mate, for all I know you know Pearson very well.

⭕

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

What a pointless thread this is. Are we going to get threads like this after every game this season, on both sides of the debate? It’s ‘I told you so’ nonsense and it’s pathetic.

My own view is unchanged. The way the change to bring in Manning was made was disingenuous nonsense, communication was dreadful and the board got rid of a guy who was doing a good job in difficult circumstances. It pissed me off at the time and still does.

Manning has come in and, because I’m a Bristol City fan and I love the club, I really want him to be successful. None of what happened before is his fault. I’m not convinced by the style of play he’s trying to instil as I’m not sure we have the players for it, but the first half yesterday and Forest away would suggest that some progress is being made. After the Leeds and Millwall games, it was really hard to see it that way. As I’ve said before, we’re a mid table squad though and you will get these extremes of performance. I just don’t believe we’re any better off than we would have been if the change hadn’t been made. I’d say that’s a pretty balanced view and there are many other posters on here that feel similarly.

The overriding thing for me was that I was absolutely delighted that we won the game yesterday and I hope that Manning proves to be a great appointment because we all win if that’s the case. COYR. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Going into this season I expected a top 10 finish and to challange for the play offs in the final weeks. 

I hoped for this, but didn't expect it.

As the 3 relegated clubs will probably finish 1,2,3, then all the rest of the division are playing for is position 4 down.

I don't think the change of management will particularly help us this season, but remain optimistic for next.

Part of that will depend on our Summer transfer business, and potential recontracting of players.

We may need to sign two decent forwards in the summer, and it's hard enough to get one.

9 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

You cant educate an idiot. 

I mean I hate the spelling police. Mine is awful. But if you’re going to talk about educating and being an idiot probably best to get punctuation right when doing it. 

I thought this place can get toxic after a loss but **** me it is worse on here after a win these days. The pointless point scoring needs to stop. Both sides. Not a nice place to be on lately. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

12 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

EDIT

Jesus get out his ass...

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

That works both ways. A number of posters who were nowhere to be seen after three points in six league games (which is a really poor return whether we like it or not) now appear, stir the pot and throw their weight around against other posters. I assume we’ve got this adult scenario on here for another couple of years……..

I does work both ways but It doesn't with me. I post rain or shine so I feel like I can state what I see. Someone who wallows in this clubs pity at any opportunity and weirdly never wants to engage when there's a positive result.

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Have you sobered up now BTW?

Yep but the post stands as written. 

IMO Manning has taken a huge amount of flack on here. It's easy to see if you pay attention ( not a dig).

Yes he is trying to find the teams style and identity and it's a little hit and miss atm but he needs time.

We are safe this season, NP has gone and nothing can change that. I personally ( as I have commented on several occasions) don't think the football was any better under NP ( how many games did we throw away in injury time from sitting back?) 

Yes there were some signs of improvement this year but I really think the board had made their decision about letting him go back before the summer ( lack of transfer support would indicate this) and once made I dont think they were ever going to go back on it.

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Without resorting to personal abuse, @BS3_RED stated “if watching City pisses you off this much you can go and watch the gas, you won’t be missed” thereby stating that anyone against his/her post was a rovers fan. Life is a bit more nuanced than that! @IdliketoRogerMoore was clearly being sarcastic, but that nuance was lost.So far from me needing to “learn to read” or others being “idiots”, it might be appropriate, y’know, not to be a dick in the opening post?

That makes sense now, sorry hadn’t read your previous post Silvio. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

"If watching City really pisses you off that much, you can always go and watch the sags. You wont be missed."

That is not calling anyone a sag. Just saying that there is another option locally to watch football if watching City pisses someone off that much.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Yep but the post stands as written. 

IMO Manning has taken a huge amount of flack on here. It's easy to see if you pay attention ( not a dig).

Yes he is trying to find the teams style and identity and it's a little hit and miss atm but he needs time.

We are safe this season, NP has gone and nothing can change that. I personally ( as I have commented on several occasions) don't think the football was any better under NP ( how many games did we throw away in injury time from sitting back?) 

Yes there were some signs of improvement this year but I really think the board had made their decision about letting him go back before the summer ( lack of transfer support would indicate this) and once made I dont think they were ever going to go back on it.

I still also stand by the fact you’ve been over sensitive about the “flack” Manning is getting. 
  Most people recognise he has a difficult job to do as did NP, but I think questioning a Managers decision about subs or reverting to different formations is perfectly acceptable and expected if you’re a fan and want to see your team doing well. 
 Suggesting people want to see Manning fail is a bit extreme, if they exist, they’d be in the absolute minority.  

Questions about the second half are perfectly reasonable, given the change in formation and taking a defensive style as opposed to an attacking one, which meant we were under threat for much of that second half and that doesn’t make for particularly easy watching, it’s frustrating and will always be met with the question “could it have been avoided by doing something different”. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

"If watching City really pisses you off that much, you can always go and watch the sags. You wont be missed."

That is not calling anyone a sag. Just saying that there is another option locally to watch football if watching City pisses someone off that much.

Again being “pissed off” frustrated etc is pretty normal and I’m sure as a football fan you’ll have felt that way yourself, it doesn’t mean you up sticks and change allegiance. 

• Like 1

Just now, JP Hampton said:

Again being “pissed off” frustrated etc is pretty normal and I’m sure as a football fan you’ll have felt that way yourself, it doesn’t mean you up sticks and change allegiance. 

At 51 years old I struggle to change my socks these days. 

I know the league form and results have been sketchy at best however, our cup performances have really looked good. If Manning can replicate those performances in the league we will do well. 

Though reading a lot of comments on here about being out of hid depth, he won't see the season out, how long till he gets sacked. These are all comments I have read this week. 

14 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

EDIT

He's generally been given the benefit of the doubt, but he's not beyond criticism.

Maybe you're conflating general distain for the hierarchy over the sacking of Pearson with criticism of Manning.  For example ripping a performance as not top six is not a dig at Manning it's aimed at the hierarchy.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

I know the league form and results have been sketchy at best however, our cup performances have really looked good. If Manning can replicate those performances in the league we will do well. 

Though reading a lot of comments on here about being out of hid depth, he won't see the season out, how long till he gets sacked. These are all comments I have read this week. 

If you have read the comments more in depth you will realise it's not just Manning but more around what he has had to inherit. OK good cup run that gets us all soft and loving feelings, but the performances are inconsistent in the league. If we string a good run together and by easter we are only 2 or3 points out of the top six, then those negative comments will disappear from the forum.

The poor guy has to work with what he has got on hand, and to be fair he is doing quite a good job. We all know that the transfer time in January did not bring great results. I do not know if you can blame this on Manning, but I suspect the board are responsible for this.

I suggest let's sit back and see what eventuates over the next 6 to 8 matches as if we can get 4 x wins out of these and the odd draw we will be in with a shout.

2 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He's generally been given the benefit of the doubt, but he's not beyond criticism.

Maybe you're conflating general distain for the hierarchy over the sacking of Pearson with criticism of Manning.  For example ripping a performance as not top six is not a dig at Manning it's aimed at the hierarchy.  

Like I've said previously, I would not have sacked NP when they did ( plenty of times over the last couple of seasons I might have done).

I think those in charge have a completely different view of our squad than we do. However I would not say Luton or Ipswich have better teams or squads than us this season and last season and a few of the other teams that made the play offs were at best the same level of ability as us.