IGNORED

Happy now

BS3_RED

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

What a weird post

Manning has barely taken any stick and only very few shouting for him to be sacked , it's all directed at Tinnion and Lansdown

We are far from the play off challengers they hoped for in making the change

Come on now. Without myself fully being on board with the original post, no one can honestly say ‘Manning has barely taken any stick‘ on this forum. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What a weird post

Manning has barely taken any stick and only very few shouting for him to be sacked , it's all directed at Tinnion and Lansdown

Manning  has got loads on here. If you dont see that then you are as biased as the rest. 

People earlier commenting on how they hoped Eustice would not take the Blackburn job so he could take over here when Manning is sacked. 

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

Manning  has got load on here. If you dont see that then you are as biased as the rest. 

People earlier commenting on how they hoped Eustice would not take the Blackburn job so he could take over here when Manning is sacked. 

I think we are all delighted with our first league victory of the calendar year. In fact I said the other night I would take this over beating Forest and I stand by that. Now to follow it up with some more points over the coming weeks. Not expecting much on Tuesday EXCEPT we must play a damn sight better than we did against Leeds whatever the final score. Southampton haven't lost in 22 and so we need to go out there and at least look like we are trying to ruin their record.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Surely you can see that this is the main gripe many people had with the decision? We were in touch with the top 6 when Pearson was sacked.

Ive never been angry with Manning, I really want him to do well. My issue was with the timing and the fact that Pearson could’ve been backed more in the Summer after the sale of Scott.

I can guarantee you that every City fan unhappy with the way Pearson was treated still wants Manning to succeed. No City fan wants City to lose.

I really feel that that are a lot on here ( from reading their posts) who want Manning to fail just so it backs up their view that NP should not have been sacked. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I should add, would I have sacked NP...no. Would I have renewed his contract...no. 

None of that is on Manning though and I can see the pattern of play that he is trying to achieve. Under NP we soaked up pressure and NEVER looked comfortable in the last ten minutes. We would sit back and back and would let the oppo score. At least under Manning we try and play (it does not always work YET)

Oh and Leeds squad is worth 5 times ours, so get a grip with the Leeds shite. 

• Like 2

If you read the forum, it’s actually only a handful of people who micro analyse every word/action/decision/interview and look to find something negative.

The trouble is, they repeat it numerous times on every thread.

I think the vast majority are relatively happy with him, and realise that it’s the people above him who are the problem. 

Edited by Kibs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I should add, would I have sacked NP...no. Would I have renewed his contract...no. 

None of that is on Manning though and I can see the pattern of play that he is trying to achieve. Under NP we soaked up pressure and NEVER looked comfortable in the last ten minutes. We would sit back and back and would let the oppo score. At least under Manning we try and play (it does not always work YET)

Oh and Leeds squad is worth 5 times ours, so get a grip with the Leeds shite. 

If.we are playing that game, the last paragraph yes Leeds are in a rich vein of form but..

Birmingham 1 Leeds 0

Preston 2 Leeds 1

Rotherham 1 Leeds 1

Stoke 1 Leeds 0

Sunderland 1 Leeds 0

West Brom 1 Leeds 0

Yeah we may well lose, Leeds may well outplay anyway but we have to give ourselves the best possible chance. On the road notably, Leeds have not been infallible.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

If.we are playing that game, the laat paragraph yes Leeds are in a rich vein of form but..

Birmingham 1 Leeds 0

Preston 2 Leeds 1

Rotherham 1 Leeds 1

Stoke 1 Leeds 0

Sunderland 1 Leeds 0

West Brom 1 Leeds 0

Yeah we may well lose, Leeds may well outplay anyway but we have to give ourselves the best possible chance. On the road notably, Leeds have not been infallible.

and yet are second in the table on a great run and looking to go straight back up. 

5 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I really feel that that are a lot on here ( from reading their posts) who want Manning to fail just so it backs up their view that NP should not have been sacked. 

I know it looks like that sometimes mate but I can’t imagine any City fan ever wants us to lose, even if it proves them right. 
If we had some cock like Barton or Pulis in charge that might change but I know from my personal point that the decision and the risk seemed so unnecessary at the time. If we push on next season then great, we’ll all be happy.

• Like 6

Behave.

Liams got criticism and it’s been justified. His in game management has been sub par. That’s nothing to do with Pearson, it’s totally on him.

It’s also more than reasonable to question if he’s the right man for the job. He hasn’t got a CV that would scream he is, and it’s a step above anything he’s managed before. (Note - taking time to adapt is fine but it’s not a guarantee of success, so this narrative of “he needs time and it’s fine” really needs to stop as if it’s unquestionable truth)

We all want him to succeed. I don’t pay £800 on season tickets to want to see someone fail and hurt our club!

But asking legitimate questions about how he’s approaching games, particularly with a sketchy record elsewhere and here so far is absolutely legitimate. Posts like this are just nonsensical. If we’re not allowed to critique what we see, then what is the point of the forum?

• Like 10
  • Flames 6

20 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What a weird post

what do you mean we have to spend another season in the champ ffs, maybe next year then ...or the next.

What I dont like is to be told we are aiming for the moon, unfortunately an old Ford car wont get that far, spend and buy something decent

• Like 1

Barely watched the game but would like to point score. Brilliant. 

For the record very happy with the first half but slightly concerned with the second. Sat in the stand slightly miffed how we can go looking so good first half and so bad the second half. 

But over the moon with the three points. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Yep. I spent well over a grand a year watching us just so I can score some points on a forum. Behave. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If.we are playing that game, the last paragraph yes Leeds are in a rich vein of form but..

Birmingham 1 Leeds 0

Preston 2 Leeds 1

Rotherham 1 Leeds 1

Stoke 1 Leeds 0

Sunderland 1 Leeds 0

West Brom 1 Leeds 0

All true but Leeds are even more of a bogey team for us than Preston were. That said we were really poor and part of that was the set up and tactics.

Glad we competed the double over Boro and hoping we can repeat our last home league score against Southampton on Tuesday…

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Come on now. Without myself fully being on board with the original post, no one can honestly say ‘Manning has barely taken any stick‘ on this forum. 

It’s nonsense and anyone with their senses can see it,even after today they can’t help themselves 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

I didn't know I was now living in North Korea. 

You helped to create the OTIB NK so don't moan. NP has gone and the club moves on even if you can't.

Your recent repetitive statements that the season was over in January is somewhat misguided but no doubt if NP was still in charge and in the same points position then you'd be booking hotels in Manchester for next season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I know it looks like that sometimes mate but I can’t imagine any City fan ever wants us to lose, even if it proves them right. 
If we had some cock like Barton or Pulis in charge that might change but I know from my personal point that the decision and the risk seemed so unnecessary at the time. If we push on next season then great, we’ll all be happy.

Very True. 

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I didn't know I was now living in North Korea. 

Weird how cultish OTIB is about regularly having pops at posters across a period of time. More like a pub than a forum at times. 

• Like 1