IGNORED

Favourite City Song

OliOTIB

My view is that they are all currently awful. Loved the old school - 'stand up if you hate the gas', 'he's only a poor little gas head' etc, but understand probably not PC anymore or actually that relevant now. I'd prefer player specific chants that followed the usual format i.e. all clubs use them just change the words for their specific player. Anyone can 'be on fire' like Will Griggs for example. Whole crowd knows it and gets it = better atmosphere. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Flint (said "no") v Swindle was deafening and was good, whilst he was. The Jackie one was also good mind

Forgot about that one, remember singing it a lot away at Chesterfield when we on 2-0, game after being confirmed champions. Ironically the big man scored that day too.

First that came to mind was Mrs. Robinson for Niclas Eliasson. 

Edit - was that Eliasson? Just remembered ‘she’s electric’ so he either had two songs or I’ve got wires crossed.

Edited by BCFCGav

20 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

First that came to mind was Mrs. Robinson for Niclas Eliasson. 

Edit - was that Eliasson? Just remembered ‘she’s electric’ so he either had two songs or I’ve got wires crossed.

Yeah was originally Maggy’s song, Eliasson took it when he left. Also remember singing it for Bakinson when he scored vs Stoke in 2021, whether he deserved it or not.

Would like to see it again. Heres to you, Robert Atkinson..

1 hour ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Flint (said "no") v Swindle was deafening and was good, whilst he was. The Jackie one was also good mind

At the time this was pure genius and really loud. To take what someone says and spin it is just superb (similar to GJ saying bounce around). 

• Like 1

"My garden shed"

(My garden shed)

Is bigger than this

(is bigger than this)

Oh my garden shed is bigger than this

It's got a door and some windows

My garden shed is bigger than this

....My microwave

Was always my favourite

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, One Team said:

At the time this was pure genius and really loud. To take what someone says and spin it is just superb (similar to GJ saying bounce around). 

Yeah I agree, even if they're kind of shit I much prefer the songs which are unique to us (always believe, bounce around the ground, flint said no) to the ones you hear the tune from almost every team in the country - Massengo's chant, 8 men had a dream, etc.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Any ideas of the origins of this for us? I started attending late 80s as a wee nipper when it seemed to start but I was too young to know when and how it came about

I remember it from the shed end of the then Enclosure which was the standing terrace in front of what is now the Lansdown, it usually involved the lots of surges back and forward to the front. Great fun.