IGNORED

Once again we ask..

Unan

For the ex players sub forum to be removed, I just noticed for the first time in weeks that a load of content has been moved there, with next to no engagement since moving..

Commitment bias, also known as the escalation of commitment, describes our tendency to remain committed to our past behaviors, particularly those exhibited publicly, even if they do not have desirable outcomes.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, Unan said:

For the ex players sub forum to be removed, I just noticed for the first time in weeks that a load of content has been moved there, with next to no engagement since moving..

Commitment bias, also known as the escalation of commitment, describes our tendency to remain committed to our past behaviors, particularly those exhibited publicly, even if they do not have desirable outcomes.

Agree. 

Often forget it’s there. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Unan said:

It has been discussed and agreed that threads won't be moved until 24 hours after the last post

In fact we are leaving it to 48 hours

What do you believe has been moved as I can't see any, though haven't online much to notice

45 minutes ago, James54De said:

Yep, average views show it’s absolutely pointless. Bring back Tom, these lot are awful. 

Assume that you realise we were all actually here doing the same things when Tom was here?

He looked after things behind the scenes and is essentially the same people looking after the front end of the forum

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Unan said:

For reference to those bringing this up again

19 minutes ago, Selred said:

Personally think you should allow a debate / poll on the matter. Not sure why you won't?

There is already a poll at the top of the previous thread that phantom has highlighted above.

Less than 1 in 4 stated a preference for continuing with a separate ex-players and managers forum.

57 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

There is already a poll at the top of the previous thread that phantom has highlighted above.

Less than 1 in 4 stated a preference for continuing with a separate ex-players and managers forum.

But Phantom in the thread dismissed the poll. Not sure why though, as you say it's almost 1 in 5 supporting keeping it separate.

It was a great idea several years ago to have a transfer sub forum as I check on there regularly particularly during windows and when they are approaching, however, there's no real impetus to check a former players sub forum, it's the sort of thing I would like to read in the football chat forum. Thus, if in the football chat forum I see a post titled 'Fammy Annoying Bluebirds' I'm likely to read it, whereas I won't go specifically onto the ex players forum in the hope of seeing a post to the effect that our ex striker is peeing them off over the bridge.

• Like 3

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Selred said:

But Phantom in the thread dismissed the poll. Not sure why though, as you say it's almost 1 in 5 supporting keeping it separate.

For goodness sake it's not a personal decision by me, it was stated why it wasn't changed and a suggestion was agreed on

As much as you and others try and turn this into trying to make me be solely responsible the other admin discussed it, and a solution was agreed

There's nothing else to say on the matter as it is resolved

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

For goodness sake it's not a personal decision by me, it was stated why it wasn't changed and a suggestion was agreed on

As much as you and others try and turn this into trying to make me be solely responsible the other admin discussed it, and a solution was agreed

Who decided? And why? It seems like you are making work for yourselves where it really isn’t needed and it’s to the detriment of the forum? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

This is exactly the thing, who decides it's resolved? Why is there no debate on it?

Yourself, other admins, whoever. The issue is there was no debate, discussion or trial. It was decided and you're not open to considering other options.

• Like 1

It makes no sense to me, the other week on top of the forum were threads about KFC, Klopp leaving Liverpool and some marketing campaign at Chelsea. But as an example if anybody posted a thread about Steve Cotterill or Alex Scott it would be hidden away in a sub forum.

Don’t understand it all.

• Like 6

• Admin
3 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

It makes no sense to me, the other week on top of the forum were threads about KFC, Klopp leaving Liverpool and some marketing campaign at Chelsea. But as an example if anybody posted a thread about Steve Cotterill or Alex Scott it would be hidden away in a sub forum.

Don’t understand it all.

That is simply not true, as agreed and referenced already in this thread, posts are only moved for reference purposes to make them easier to find 48 HOURS after the last post - this usually means they are on the second page

How is that an issue?

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

This is exactly the thing, who decides it's resolved? Why is there no debate on it?

Yourself, other admins, whoever. The issue is there was no debate, discussion or trial. It was decided and you're not open to considering other options.

There was debate, see the link above.

An agreement was reached at the time

• Facepalm 1

Whenever a decision of this magnitude needs to be made on the forum, I would expect any self respecting Mod to write to me individually, obviously enclosing a stamped , addressed envelope for my reply. I am understandably furious that this has failed to happen.

And in case they were interested my reply would be , I don't give a shit.

They do a great job, leave them alone ffs

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I've always wondered why we have to have a separate transfer forum? I'm sure there is a legit reason for it. 

I don’t mind that, it means it is easily trackable. The engagement is also very high. Whereas the former player sub is taking threads that would otherwise have hearty conversation and hiding them. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

All because a handful of posters don't have the self-discipline to restrain themselves from opening a thread and say they don't care about a topic.

Pandering to a minority.

People just need to use "ignore thread"...as I'm about to do now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I've always wondered why we have to have a separate transfer forum? I'm sure there is a legit reason for it. 

Quite simple, to see when Robbored is present on that forum is proves him as being a hypocrite about not being interested in speculation 😉😉😉

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

53 minutes ago, phantom said:

There was debate, see the link above.

An agreement was reached at the time

Who agreed? Just admin? Can the forum users who pay not have an input?

The link above was a debate AFTER it moved. You should of got opinions and polls before, so it's a forum decision not just admin. 

• Like 2

I think those that are not paying a subscription to the forum should have any input to things affecting the forum. They should simply be ignored.

Pay up or shut up.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

• Admin
4 hours ago, Unan said:

@Maesknoll Red has kindly gone through the admin folder and there are no threads that were moved within the previously agreed timeframe

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

I’m sorry, which part of my post was untrue?

Threads were not moved or hidden away, as previously agreed threads are only moved once they have had no reply on for a period of time

• Facepalm 1