IGNORED

Our best "fit" 11

sh1t_ref_again

With talk of players coming back (except big rob, hopefully not to serious), if by some miracle we had a fully fit squad, ignoring form or not deserved to be dropped, what is our best starting eleven? think i like the look of

O'Leary

McCrorie Vyner Dickie Pring

Knight Naismith Williams

Skyes Conway Twine

I may need to swap Nailsmith & Williams, also difficult call between Dickie & Atkinson

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

With talk of players coming back (except big rob, hopefully not to serious), if by some miracle we had a fully fit squad, ignoring form or not deserved to be dropped, what is our best starting eleven? think i like the look of

O'Leary

Knight Naismith Williams

Skyes Conway Twine

I may need to swap Nailsmith & Williams, also difficult call between Dickie & Atkinson

I thought Atkinson was fairly close to a return so should really be included.

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

O'Leary

Knight Naismith Williams

Skyes Conway Twine

Naismith does not get in our best 11, and certainly not in midfield. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think what the past few weeks have demonstrated is that it’s no longer about our best 11, it’s about our best 17. 

Been saying it for months now Dave, some posters get so hung up on starting 11s, but it's been so much more than that for years now. Even before today's game, there were posters questioning starting with Mehmeti and keeping Cornick back, but it worked a treat. 

Potentially Southampton had the far better options off their bench, but every one of our subs trumped what they could bring to the party. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

It’s hard to say what our best 11 is.

Mehmeti would be in there based on tonight’s performance. He could also easily be the first out the door in the summer within the next couple of games.

Mehmeti IMO was nowhere near the levels of other players on show this evening. He just fails to drive at opposition players and he lets them dictate his next move rather than the opposite. He could and should have passed to players in far better shooting positions but took on impossible shots that had very little chance of ending in the net 

McCrorie showed what Mehmeti should be doing, driving at the opposition and then slowing them up and playing the ball into Cornick to slot away 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Mehmeti IMO was nowhere near the levels of other players on show this evening. He just fails to drive at opposition players and he lets them dictate his next move rather than the opposite. He could and should have passed to players in far better shooting positions but took on impossible shots that had very little chance of ending in the net 

McCrorie showed what Mehmeti should be doing, driving at the opposition and then slowing them up and playing the ball into Cornick to slot away 

Funny how we see it. Thought he was very good tonight. Didn’t over complicate things. Did run at them when needed. Once in the first have forcing a save from their keeper.

A moment of brilliance and the perfect delivery for the important opening goal which is usually the most critical part of his game.

• Like 1

We have a squad with competition better than ever.

When Sykes and Twine back it will be a tough call to get a best 11.

Only goal keeper and Centre Half do we now lack competition. 

Need to keep Vyner and Max fit. Most other positions we have good options.

We just need a little more quality in the summer and we will be close to the top 6.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Been saying it for months now Dave, some posters get so hung up on starting 11s, but it's been so much more than that for years now. Even before today's game, there were posters questioning starting with Mehmeti and keeping Cornick back, but it worked a treat. 

Potentially Southampton had the far better options off their bench, but every one of our subs trumped what they could bring to the party. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, CTIDhc said:

I think that’s @Davefevs mantra and being proven weekly

Squad game….correct!

1 hour ago, Ashtongreight said:

Totally agree, except I’d put Knight in goal 

Too short, silly idea 😉

• Like 1

Olearly  

Vyner dickie tanner 

McCorie.                             Pring 

James        Williams 

Twine knight 

Conway 

Edited by Bristolisredd

10 hours ago, italian dave said:

I think what the past few weeks have demonstrated is that it’s no longer about our best 11, it’s about our best 17. 

Seeing that bench last night, you got a sense of that - looking stronger all the time.

And we were missing Pring and Twine who likely go straight in the team and the likes of Naismith and Atkinson hopefully not miles off adding even more depth - hopefully in time for the run in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Seeing that bench last night, you got a sense of that - looking stronger all the time.

And we were missing Pring and Twine who likely go straight in the team and the likes of Naismith and Atkinson hopefully not miles off adding even more depth - hopefully in time for the run in. 

I’m not even sure Pring gets straight back in after Roberts’ performance last night.

I don’t think we’ll see Atkinson this season?

But more to the point, it’s no longer about who starts being our 11 best players: it’s about how we best manage game time, fitness etc of our 17 best players, and about how we best use those 17 players to manage the game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

I’m not even sure Pring gets straight back in after Roberts’ performance last night.

I don’t think we’ll see Atkinson this season?

But more to the point, it’s no longer about who starts being our 11 best players: it’s about how we best manage game time, fitness etc of our 17 best players, and about how we best use those 17 players to manage the game. 

Pring/Roberts great dilemma to have.

On the whole it’s great to see so many players lift their game with the competition for places we now have…

Atkinson - actually realise now I don’t know what the latest is since his set back after his (nearly) return from injury?

O'Leary

Tanner     Vyner    Dickie

McCrorie   James   TGH   Pring

Knight      Twine

Conway

When everyone is fit we do actually have some real depth now with Atkinson, Roberts, Naismith, Williams, Bird (next season), Sykes, Mehmeti, Bell, Wells, Cornick and Mebude all morecthan capable of stepping in with no huge drop off in quality plus the youngsters close to the first team I.e. Benarous, Murphy, Stokes etc we are in a strong position moving forward

Edited by Dolman_Stand

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Pring/Roberts great dilemma to have.

On the whole it’s great to see so many players lift their game with the competition for places we now have…

Atkinson - actually realise now I don’t know what the latest is since his set back after his (nearly) return from injury?

I’m not sure it’s clear yet. But given that the end of season is only about 10 weeks away……..

9 minutes ago, italian dave said:

That we are taking more about the 17/18 players in a squad rather than the 11 that are on the pitch is a sign of how the rebuild has progressed.

I think that the summer window is/should be focussed largely on developing and building out that depth. We probably will need to sign a first XI striker, but other than that I think it's a case of getting in players like Bird to build out that squad depth.

That then allows us to rotate with confidence, adapting slightly to different opposition, and so hopefully increasing the return of points.

• Like 1

O’Leary 

McCorrie   Vyner   Dickie   Pring

Williams 

TGH               Knight   

Sykes                                 Memetti   

Conway

Bajic, Atkinson, Roberts, Tanner, James, Mebude, Bell, Wells, Cornick.

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

O’Leary

Knight Knight Knight Knight

Knight James Knight

Knight

Knight Knight

Fixed

• Thanks 1