IGNORED

The Ref

GrahamC

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

With all this talk recently for blue cards for cynical fouls, why are the refs not protecting the current system they have by booking players who commit them? Numerous times Saints players did this in the first half and the ref did not book them.

They did one at the very end when we were on the break, again no booking given.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I do sometimes think when they signal advantage play on and there is no advantage that they should bring the play back for a free kick. That blatant body check broke the play up and there wasn't even a yellow card! Southampton realised what they could get away with for the rest of the match.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Vyner’s probably looked bad at full speed, but, yeah, he didn’t get near him. 

I think the ref's line of vision was obscured by Williams(?) at just the crucial second.

So, in fact, he was guessing and booked Vyner for something he didn't actually see.

He'll be embarrassed if he bothers to watch it back because Vyner was nowhere near making contact.

We could actually have done with VAR it was such a "clear and obvious error" but as no such thing exists (I think) are we able to appeal a booking like that?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

Linesman in front of the Lansdown was alright. The one in front of the Dolman looked clueless. And if you had told me the referee came from Southampton, it wouldn’t have surprised me. Bednarek should have been booked for his foul on Conway in the second half but he waved “play on” and never brought it back to book him. Pathetic! 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

If in doubt, give it to the team you remember seeing on MOTD. 

There was one occasion he was doing the low pointing thing , and clearly talking to the Lino, then seemed to realise Southampton were kicking the other way and give it to them.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The Lino on my side (LS) was absolutely abysmal.

Might as well not have been there. If , by accident he was up with play he ignored everything anyway. Couldn't spot an Offside and just ignored a blatant shirt pull and block that was right in front of him.