IGNORED

Mbude.

pillred

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Well done !

(Sorry, I couldn't resist the invitation to praise you this way)

Again I didn't read my own post , but in my defence I had just been looking at the Pasture menu . 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

So basically they embellished a story to give a false impression of what happened, and make it sound like a real coup.  It might be a real coup, but not for the reasons they gave.  Basically he just didn’t play very well at Westerlo.  There is just no need for bullshit.

We had the same cynical thoughts didn’t we?

@Curr Avon and what was the reaction on FBC when you read this out this morning?

We did. And to be clear, it’s not the crime of the century to lie in the manner they did - it is however a problem when the hierarchy are seen as untrustworthy to start with. It’s another example of Brian wanting to say something good to be the centre of attention (his 5 year old inside again), but I’m pretty annoyed with Liam too. We know his communication style is grating to some but if he’s going to start straight out lying as he has here then it’s not a picture that ends well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I actually think he read it out last week @Davefevs  

@Curr Avon what was the reaction last week?  Or did it get brushed under the carpet.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

We did. And to be clear, it’s not the crime of the century to lie in the manner they did - it is however a problem when the hierarchy are seen as untrustworthy to start with. It’s another example of Brian wanting to say something good to be the centre of attention (his 5 year old inside again), but I’m pretty annoyed with Liam too. We know his communication style is grating to some but if he’s going to start straight out lying as he has here then it’s not a picture that ends well.

Another example of unnecessary fibs then?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I didn't see the game yesterday and so not in a position to judge, however just as a general observation I am sure I have seen young players written off too early before, Semenyo would be one example I think.

A tough ask of him yesterday, not saying he will be the next Bournemouth signing, but all a learning curve.

No problem with him being the next Bournemouth signing, as long as he isn't the next Bristol City signing.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, happy to be fobbed off. 🤷🏻‍♂️

(ta for replying)

It was probably because Mebude didn’t feature against Boro’, and therefore the message carried no impact in isolation. I was disappointed that no one commented on the contrary findings from Kersten Steurbaut on Mebude. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I didn't see the game yesterday and so not in a position to judge, however just as a general observation I am sure I have seen young players written off too early before, Semenyo would be one example I think.

A tough ask of him yesterday, not saying he will be the next Bournemouth signing, but all a learning curve.

If he has got anything about him he will be itching to get back on the pitch and show that his performance on Saturday was a million miles from what he is capable of. But if he shirks that challenge, or when presented with the opportunity again does another impression of someone who has only just been introduced to a football for the first time, then I am afraid non league obscurity beckons. 

I sincerely hope he can turn things around but I am concerned that he has played so little senior football. When Yeboah comes on he looks like he is relishing the opportunity. Mebude looked like a rabbit caught in the headlamps. If he doesn't get that part of his game right all the skills, pace and promise in the world will be of no benefit. 

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Agree, Williams had to come off (he’d already lost his rag with Andersen once & I’m pretty convinced he elbowed him off the ball) & none of us knew the logical replacement TGH was going to be so poor, but the others made no sense.

Mehmeti is frustrating but I actually thought he improved after Bell went off & he (eventually) switched to the left.

As for those saying it was hindsight I said at the time it was incredibly brave/mad to give Mebude 32 minutes & so it proved.

Mehmeti and Mcrorie is not a combination I like the look of at all.

As soon as he switched he woke up. Don't think he likes playing on the right. 

So, happy to be fobbed off. 🤷🏻‍♂️

(ta for replying)

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

It was probably because Mebude didn’t feature against Boro’, and therefore the message carried no impact in isolation. I was disappointed that no one commented on the contrary findings from Kersten Steurbaut on Mebude. 

Does anyone still ask for question from the fans on Bristol Live ?  It would be interesting to get Peircy or someone to ask .

Not sure what the point of misleading the fans over this was, maybe he had been given the wrong info , but would be good to find out.

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Does anyone still ask for question from the fans on Bristol Live ?  It would be interesting to get Peircy or someone to ask .

Not sure what the point of misleading the fans over this was, maybe he had been given the wrong info , but would be good to find out.

I think it’s as simple as they’d been getting a bit (not much) stick for an unexciting window. Brian made some relatively ill judged interactions (there’s a shock) in responding to people where there was no need. They then also fed to club puppet and all round tosser Ian Gay that there were exciting signings coming who came all over Twitter with that news.

That exciting signing was a player deemed not good enough at an inferior level (note - he may be good enough eventually, but positioning him as he was didn’t play with the narrative). So they made shit up in order to make the signing more exciting.

Because they’re morons.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 3

Having looked at his Youtube highlights reel, which shows him mainly playing for the Man City U21s, he is clearly a very exciting talent. His move to Belgium and then to City might indicate that he is struggling to bridge the gap between the U21 and adult level.  He may take some time and patience and need to improve his strength and learn to cope with the stronger and quicker players that he will encounter in Championship football. He is young and should, in my opinion, be given the time and effort needed to allow him to reach his potential.  Maybe we should all support him in his journey rather than pile on when his second appearance, during a match when the whole team was sub par, and that might help him, the team and those charged with coaching him to improve. Don't damn the lad but encourage him!

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Which were?

"About Dire. From what I know there haven't been problems with visa problems or Brexit issues. Dire has played in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th game of the season. Not long after he arrived at the Club. Before training camp he had some passport problems to enter Turkey. He didn't have the right passport, but he only joined the group one day later. "

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

Having looked at his Youtube highlights reel, which shows him mainly playing for the Man City U21s, he is clearly a very exciting talent. His move to Belgium and then to City might indicate that he is struggling to bridge the gap between the U21 and adult level.  He may take some time and patience and need to improve his strength and learn to cope with the stronger and quicker players that he will encounter in Championship football. He is young and should, in my opinion, be given the time and effort needed to allow him to reach his potential.  Maybe we should all support him in his journey rather than pile on when his second appearance, during a match when the whole team was sub par, and that might help him, the team and those charged with coaching him to improve. Don't damn the lad but encourage him!

Notwithstanding the "we should have bought for the now argument", I completely agree he should be given time. If he can perform like the youtube clips, in the Championship we'll all be delighted. I think what a lot of people are concerned about is that the management have done the opposite. They didn't give him time and threw a youngster into a situation that they were completely unprepared for. They didn't do the team or the player any favours at all. I hope the damage isn't permanent.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Notwithstanding the "we should have bought for the now argument", I completely agree he should be given time. If he can perform like the youtube clips, in the Championship we'll all be delighted. I think what a lot of people are concerned about is that the management have done the opposite. They didn't give him time and threw a youngster into a situation that they were completely unprepared for. They didn't do the team or the player any favours at all. I hope the damage isn't permanent.

Yep, you can’t tar a player after one appearance.  

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, you can’t tar a player after one appearance.  

Exactly and as this thread has shown, the questions are more aimed at the rationale behind the signing and then giving him half an hour in a game we needed to turn around.

• Like 7

Haha, or even less than that!

Come on then Chivs, back up your response? Wink or no wink!  

Have you ever taken the very first game of a manager into consideration when making your view on them?

49 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Have you ever taken the very first game of a manager into consideration when making your view on them?

Now if you’re asking me whether I have taken into consideration the manager’s first game (of many) in forming an overall evaluation, then absolutely.

I have never made a view on a manager after one game, which is what I think you were trying to imply!

On 18/02/2024 at 07:33, Silvio Dante said:

Thanks.

So, the horses mouth quote from Liam Manning of “He couldn’t play for two or three months because of visa issues, because of Brexit” is, per your sources (which I’m inclined to believe), an absolute straight out lie.

Whether that lie has been fed to him by higher ups or whether he decided to say it himself off piste is not known.

However, it is clear that Liam has outright lied. And it’s not a lie such as “Matty James won’t make the game” and then playing him - we all understand those. It’s a lie with disregard to the fans.

FFS!

I've had concerns about Mannings integrity since day one and I've posted about them. 

He jumped ship from that Belgium club to join MK Dons after that Belgium club gave him quite a significant amount of money to spend at that level. 

When he tonked at MK, Oxford gave him a chance to revive his career. They too allowed him to spend a lot of money. As soon as we came calling he jumped ship. That didn't sit right with me. 

There has been a few other things too. I firmly believe he has rushed numerous players back so it seems he is happy to chance another injury in order to get them back in the team because he knows he's not delivered so far. It concerns me that he overlooks player welfare. 

And now this. At first I looked at this things and despite there being an obvious pattern, I'd hoped I was reading too much into things. But I'm at the point now where im ready to say I've seen enough to suggest he's not very credible and trust worthy. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've had concerns about Mannings integrity since day one and I've posted about them. 

He jumped ship from that Belgium club to join MK Dons after that Belgium club gave him quite a significant amount of money to spend at that level. 

When he tonked at MK, Oxford gave him a chance to revive his career. They too allowed him to spend a lot of money. As soon as we came calling he jumped ship. That didn't sit right with me. 

There has been a few other things too. I firmly believe he has rushed numerous players back so it seems he is happy to chance another injury in order to get them back in the team because he knows he's not delivered so far. It concerns me that he overlooks player welfare. 

And now this. At first I looked at this things and despite there being an obvious pattern, I'd hoped I was reading too much into things. But I'm at the point now where im ready to say I've seen enough to suggest he's not very credible and trust worthy. 

Here we go again. I'm guessing you had this post ready for when we lost again.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1