IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers have sacked

CodeRed

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

I wonder if Cotts is doing a Nige and recommending an overhaul?

Haven't results slightly picked up recently? If so, it's a strange time to unsettle players by sacking familiar faces.

Most of them have been there less than a year. The DoF and CEO only joined last summer, and the Head of Ops only joined in December!

What with the churn of players as well I doubt anybody knows anyone very well at that club 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

Haven't results slightly picked up recently? If so, it's a strange time to unsettle players by sacking familiar faces.

Entirely possible , how many of those positions are needed on a daily basis at this time of the season?

Apart from Match Day Operations , which I would have thought was essential , the rest could be covered I guess. Then reassess when they know where they're playing next year. 
I see Cotts doing a similar job to the one done here, but they need results quickly.  

14 minutes ago, mozo said:

Since Cotts took over they have won 1, drawn 1 & lost 1.

For a side that hadn’t won since October in the league that’s definitely an upturn.

Whatever you think of Vince it is fair to say anyone connected to either the recruitment side or involved in the selection of a series of disastrous appointments can’t be surprised, also owners never sack themselves, do they?

If Cotts has involvement in selecting the replacements for playing matters we know they will be in a far better place.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Dale Vince Vegan Dictator and complete fruit loop 

I do wonder if some people are so fixed in their ideas and way of life, imposing them on others, that it works against the benefits.

In a free country, it should be left to every individual to have their own beliefs, diets, religion and every other facet of their life.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I do wonder if some people are so fixed in their ideas and way of life, imposing them on others, that it works against the benefits.

In a free country, it should be left to every individual to have their own beliefs, diets, religion and every other facet of their life.

ahhhhh a "free country", I remember that

36 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I’m still trying to figure out whether that barb is directed at 1960 or at Dale Vince…..

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

In one day- yesterday -  the:

Director of Football

The CEO

Head of Recruitment

Head of Football Operations

Head of Match day Operations 

Crazy times at one of our neighbours 

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/director-football-allan-steele-departs-9106374

They all ordered Macdonalds to be delivered for lunch?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

He's probably still livid at Labour for their £28 Billion U-Turn after his £1.5 Million Bride (oops sorry, "donation") put him in a prime postion to cash in

Using a rich woman as a wedding gift and for political purposes.... an outrage! 

Edited by Norn Iron
Grammar
  • Haha 3

Just now, italian dave said:

I think you’re probably right! Although the fact that “in a free country” someone can be criticised for choosing to be a vegan gets a bit confusing! 

Some people like to impose their views about veganism though, I think that is what they are talking about. Does DV impose his views on the people employed at his club?

23 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I’m still trying to figure out whether that barb is directed at 1960 or at Dale Vince…..

@italian dave 1960? You've lost me.

I know we got relegated and Del Shannon had a massive hit with Runaway after BBC Hit or Miss programme voted it a total failure. I left school and got my first job at £3, 3 shillngs and 8 pence but what else happened?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I know we got relegated and Del Shannon had a massive hit with Runaway after BBC Hit or Miss programme voted it a total failure. I left school and got my first job at £3, 3 shillngs and 8 pence but what else happened?

Jukebox Jury with David Jacobs wasn't it ?

15 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

1969maaan (whose post you replied to). Sorry!

You Remember it better than me😂😂