IGNORED

Forest Green Rovers have sacked

CodeRed

49 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Some people like to impose their views about veganism though, I think that is what they are talking about. Does DV impose his views on the people employed at his club?

You honestly reckon he’d have said to Cotts “one condition on you taking the job is you become vegan?”.

Seriously?

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

FGR have got some real 6 pointers coming up - Doncaster, Grimsby and Sutton before the end of March. 

3 weeks ago I thought they were down but we both know if anyone can get them out of this it’s him.

They are incredibly lucky to have him & if he’d been in charge all season then they’d probably be top half.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You honestly reckon he’d have said to Cotts “one condition on you taking the job is you become vegan?”.

Seriously?

The only food supplied by the club at the ground and before and after training and for away games is vegan. 

What they do at home is another thing. 

Seems a lot of sportsman have gone vegan and vegetarian. Messi is one...not strict with it...but many seem to think cutting out meat etc and going plant based can help with the longevity of their careers. 

I know a few years back players were asked not to eat red meat at home. And vegan diet pushed at them. 

They got caught a few years back ordering fish/ chicken and chips for the team bus coming back from Macclesfield. 

Tbh...the food supplied at the ground is better quality than at most football stadiums. You wouldn't know the pies weren't meat if not told. 

This culling comes after an announcement of increased losses for the year. 

Keith Burt imo will end up DoF. 

Edited by spudski

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seriously?

Sorry I don’t understand your comment. Why does asking a question suddenly mean it’s what I think? 

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Sorry I don’t understand your comment. Why does asking a question suddenly mean it’s what I think? 

I was just making the point that whilst Vince undoubtedly totally influences what is eaten at the club, the probability of persuading Cotts to be vegan seems somewhat unlikely.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I was just making the point that whilst Vince undoubtedly totally influences what is eaten at the club, the probability of persuading Cotts to be vegan seems somewhat unlikely.

Unless Cott's is already a vegan

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I left school and got my first job at £3, 3 shillngs and 8 pence but what else happened?

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Jukebox Jury with David Jacobs wasn't it ?

Jukebox Jury?

Blimey, that's one heck of a first job after leaving school, although £3 3s & 6d seems a miserly salary!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I'd ask for a transfer if somebody stopped me having a chippy on the way home from Macclesfield, but on the flip side there was a guy Infront of me in a Fulham blazer who ordered thirty meals once in a chippy and i wasn't best pleased

Was he that hungry ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pillred said:

What happened to their new all-wood stadium I remember seeing pictures of a few years ago? has that been quietly dropped?

Last time I read (which was a while back) they still intended to go ahead, but they were having planning problems with the other things that were proposed for the site (and presumably helped to support it financially). Bit like us and the Sporting Quarter I guess. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Harry trying to get an appearance on Netflix!

Very disappointing tonight. 
Cotts must be ripping his gelled hair out! 
It was pretty much all Wrexham. Lots of the ball but very few clear cut chances as FGR defended brilliantly. 
You can see that they are far better organised since Cotts arrived. 
Defended superbly and then in the 93rd minute the keeper flaps at an easy cross and they get a penalty! Absolutely gutted. 
But positive signs since Cotts got here 

Edited by Harry
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

It was pretty much all Wrexham. Lots of the ball but very few clear cut chances as FGR defended brilliantly. 
Defended superbly and then in the 93rd minute the keeper flaps at an easy cross and they get a penalty! Absolutely gutted. 

Harry Goes To Hollywood 🤣

Just now, Davefevs said:

Harry Goes To Hollywood 🤣

Hopefully they heard me shout rather loudly, as Mullen was bawling for a foul that never was “cry more Mullin”. He did have a little glance over. The joys of a small ground, the players can hear your shouts 🤣

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

I went tonight as well mate, thought FGR striker who scored was a real handful and Keogh did all that was expected of him as well!

18 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I went tonight as well mate, thought FGR striker who scored was a real handful and Keogh did all that was expected of him as well!

Yep. Defended well all game. Didn’t really allow much down the middle. Stayed compact and forced Wrexham back and wide and they had to rely upon aimless crosses for the most part. 
Keogh martialled the defence well. Midfield were energetic. Didn’t see a lot of the ball but they all worked hard and for the most part kept Wrexham at arms length. 
Osadebe took the goal well but then had to work hard off the ball for most of the game. 
Cotts has definitely got them playing with more organisation and more belief. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1