IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday away match thread

If you can take anything from that half... the incredibly low bar that was our attacking performance against qpr, we have looked marginally better going forwards in this game, still pretty blunt though. Other than that I can't think of anything.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Heading for 23 points from 19 games.

Real progress guys, real progress.

:clap::clapping:

Yep. There will be some that will say that he’s not got the players to play the type of football he wants to play, but you have to get the best out of what you’ve got, and I’m not sure Manning has the ability to do that. I was buying into what I was seeing but this is really poor and is a bit of a regularity at present. I see that Millwall pressed the button on their version of plastic Pep, might not be the worst idea.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think he feels the pressure so he wants our best players back in the team. LJ and DH used to do the same.

That's a good point . You would like to think he'd be strong enough and confident in his coaching to not do that, but clearly Pring isn't 100% , I'd love to hear how Manning explains dropping Roberts after a weeks break. 

I'd expect 2 changes at half time , both down the left.

First half observations.

It’s been a very underwhelming and stuttering Bristol City performance.

The first goal looked like a carbon copy of the one against QPR the week before.

Rob Dickie picks up a yellow card from our throwing because there were no options for the thrower.

AM hasn’t been in the game at all and on the couple of occasions he’s had the ball he’s given it away.

CP is either injured or not fit. He made a halfhearted attempt to pull his player back on 38 minutes, usually he’d be busting a gut to chase him. I think he will be replaced at half time.

When we have had the ball we have made poor decisions, been indecisive, or had no decent options.

The only bright moment was a great goal from Jason Knight.

All in all I feel sorry for the 1100 or so fans who have made that journey to watch that 45 minutes.

SW look fitter, more inventive and have a much greater desire than us.

Unless things change radically, this is going to end badly as we very much don’t look like scoring. Whereas every time they come forward they look a threat, partly thanks to our lack of communication and the amount of time and space we are giving them.

This last point, I think was well illustrated by their second goal. It looked from the camera angle like we could let the ball go rather than head it away. I think it would’ve rolled out for a goal kick, but there was presumably no communication which led to a weak defensive header that went straight to one of their players and two seconds later we are 2-1 down.

• Like 2

We are in a cut throat division with two clubs already getting rid of underachieving newly appointed managers.

This would never been my default position, more give a manager a long term contract and let him get on with it. Ideally this would have been Pearson though

With this guy there appears to be zero improvement, going backwards so it's only right his position is questioned

But ultimately all my hate and disrespect is focused on the Lansdown family and their arse licking Geordie sidekick

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Pring and Mehmeti have to be hooked at half time, Roberts and Mebude on. Pring is clearly not ready and Mehmeti is just shit.

I'd like to disagree, but I'm not sure I can. If Mebude comes on he'll have to play much better than he played last time to have any impact. I'll add that Sykes looks off it as well. I suppose you could say that for a few of them. It looks like a parks game, and we look like the team that is more hungover.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Have we lost the game then? 🤣

We haven’t and we could still win it if he changes something at half time. The fact is however we’ve played 135 minutes of utter shite against two of the worst sides in the division. It’s not good enough. Like I say, unless it does change, we are heading for 9 points in our latest block of ten games. That cannot be excused or defended.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 3

It’s not about the end result at Hillsborough , we aren’t going up or down but much more for me (Across current and future games) whether we are looking a better side ,with clear signs of something coming together , good coaching , decisions and game management, and the indicators for next season.

Thats the important debate surely ?

• Like 3