IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday away match thread

Just now, JP Hampton said:

It is often comments about players performance very little about his own part in it. 

Doesn’t that remind you of another young manager who has achieved nothing really of note before he came here but was massively indulged by the owners getting us into a right financial mess in the process? I really hate to say it, but even under LJ it was frequently better than this. Playing players who aren’t fully fit  to “rest” players who haven’t played for a well? Even the LJ selection tombola had more sense than that!

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Kal Naismith was spot-on with his observations.  I think he'll make a very good manager after retirement.   Just a pity he's not available as I always think we play better with him in the side. He may make the occasional mistake but never shies away from having the ball and trying something positive.  As he said today, aside from being slow to react, it looked like players didn't show for the ball or want the ball.  

His analysis was the only decent thing about the game today. Naismith’s honesty was refreshing. He seemed as bemused by the lacklustre display as us fans and he didn’t hold back from criticising Memheti 

• Like 2

I think the most frustrating thing for me is that the fan base and club are back to being divided. Under the previous regime, expectations were managed well, we were gradually progressing and seeing an influx of youngsters come through. It felt relatively solid. Pretty much as solid since Cotterills league winning season. The owners and that tosser Tinnion have ripped it up and that is unforgivable. We are a mess again (already!). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2
Just now, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I think the most frustrating thing for me is that the fan base and club are back to being divided. Under the previous regime, expectations were managed well, we were gradually progressing and seeing an influx of youngsters come through. It felt relatively solid. Pretty much as solid since Cotterills league winning season. The owners and that tosser Tinnion have ripped it up and that is unforgivable. We are a mess again (already!). 

You put this very well.

It felt like we were all pulling in broadly the same direction. As a club, as (football) management, as fans.. some disquiet of course not least the weirdness over the budget.

Huge back and forth in recent months on here, which is inevitable given the change and the needless nature of it.

2 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

Nigel must watch what’s currently happening here with a wry smile after the way he was treated, Tins and JL are presiding over an absolute shit show which doesn’t feel like it’s going to end well.

Our inept owners and management team need to eat humble pie, and give the Nigel Pearson Helpline a call.

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Made this point in the week.  And that isn’t Manning’s fault.  But he’s the one in the firing line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You’ll probably be stood next to WSM today without knowing it!

I don’t think so. The bloke next to me stayed astonishingly positive right up to the 94th minute!

However, a couple of rows back there was a very loud cry, on the final whistle, of ‘don’t think I’m staying behind to clap that, Manning’………so, maybe 😂😂