IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday away match thread

4 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Remember when we used to have one of the best defensive records in the league? Look so brittle now.

Been bailed out by a wonder header by Knight.

We were told when LM came in he wanted to instil patterns and behaviours to the team.

Do the same things over and over until it works. And looks like we've been found out again. Going to be a tough second half, gotta go for it.

Thrown away the high press and endeavour for something we just aren't and won't be. Going to have to change half the squad to play the fluffy possession football.

They are fighting for their lives and putting in what's required. Our season has been over for a while now. No way near the finished article.

When we play the basketball end-to-end high press football and put our opponents under pressure I enjoy watching it. But it seems that the head coach doesn't want us to play that way. He reverts to type with the patterns and behaviours and these are the performances we get. So flat.

Manning is a likeable guy but for me personally his football isn't. 

Manning is a likeable guy? Now I’m not going to disagree per se, but he’s pretty low down the list of guys I’d consider likeable. 

Nige was a likeable guy, Manning? I’m not so convinced… too robotic. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
9 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Plus, the more time LJ had on the training pitch the worse we got. Practically guaranteed to lose after every international break. Worrying similarities appearing.

No doubt overcomplicating things. Obviously don't have to players to play the way he has in his mind. Would need pretty much a whole new team certainly in midfield and attack which won't happen this summer. 

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

Has he been anything other than ranging from anonymous to frustrating in his career here? Manning continuing to pick him really makes me question Manning.

He must see something we don't see I guess.

He reminds me of a youngster playing Sunday football because his dad thinks it's a good idea but the youngster has no bottle and doesn't want to get hurt.

Sorry, I've had enough of this passenger, L1 at best.

• Like 2