IGNORED

Twine

Mark barton

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Especially if he is here for Manning. 

We won’t be getting to the PL, let’s just be quite clear on this. The only thing we will do is tread water in mid table or regress towards L1, can’t see any winning mindset being developed. 

• Like 1

I think we all know when this is going with Twine.

A "only out for a couple of weeks", followed by 6 weeks out.

Then a "should be included", then a "still feeling a twinge or some pains".

Cue "needs surgery" and will be out for the season.

What a cluster this January window has been for so many reasons.

I'm guessing Tins isn't going to be going back onto Radio Bristol anytime soon extorting it as a "magnificent window"...🤔😪

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I think we all know when this is going with Twine.

A "only out for a couple of weeks", followed by 6 weeks out.

Then a "should be included", then a "still feeling a twinge or some pains".

Cue "needs surgery" and will be out for the season.

What a cluster this January window has been for so many reasons.

I'm guessing Tins isn't going to be going back onto Radio Bristol anytime soon extorting it as a "magnificent window"...🤔😪

Why? although I guess Tins or JL are to blame and should be hung out to dry for sanctioning a loan of someone that LM knows and maybe can provide a bit or creativity that we lack, who has been fit and played well for Hull all season and got injured playing in his 1st game for us.

• Hmmm 1

14 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Why? although I guess Tins or JL are to blame and should be hung out to dry for sanctioning a loan of someone that LM knows and maybe can provide a bit or creativity that we lack, who has been fit and played well for Hull all season and got injured playing in his 1st game for us.

Because before the window ended LM was bemoaning the playing schedule and the pressure it would put on the squad.

In the window we technically "bought in 5". 2 were straight away loaned back to their clubs, leaning 3 left. 1 of them has injury problems already (Murphy), 1 has been injured since his first game (Twine) unfortunate, but typical City. The last (Mebude) had a total 3 senior  appearances and was a real gamble based on his PL2 performances from a year earlier. Add in Weimann leaving for TGH permanent and that was that

Even if Mebude and Twine had worked out, neither would have added to a squad depth really. The injuries to Atkinson and Bell has exposed the lack of depth even more.

BT went on RB to extol it as a magnificent window. The Twine injury is unlucky, but otherwise how is the window magnificent for this window?

The lack of  the available number 9 that BT described (so not TC), could have been alleviated by a loan signing of that description. 

If we are saying that even a loan signing of that description wasn't available I raise you a certain loan signing at Sheff Weds, a Mr Ugbo.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Because before the window ended LM was bemoaning the playing schedule and the pressure it would put on the squad.

In the window we technically "bought in 5". 2 were straight away loaned back to their clubs, leaning 3 left. 1 of them has injury problems already (Murphy), 1 has been injured since his first game (Twine) unfortunate, but typical City. The last (Mebude) had a total 3 senior  appearances and was a real gamble based on his PL2 performances from a year earlier. Add in Weimann leaving for TGH permanent and that was that

Even if Mebude and Twine had worked out, neither would have added to a squad depth really. The injuries to Atkinson and Bell has exposed the lack of depth even more.

BT went on RB to extol it as a magnificent window. The Twine injury is unlucky, but otherwise how is the window magnificent for this window?

The lack of  the available number 9 that BT described (so not TC), could have been alleviated by a loan signing of that description. 

If we are saying that even a loan signing of that description wasn't available I raise you a certain loan signing at Sheff Weds, a Mr Ugbo.

Not defending Tinnion as I think it was a strange and mixed window rather than good , but I think he was placate the fans by saying we brought forward the summer signings we would have wanted to make. They still didn't join us but ok , I'll be generous. Murphy isn't injured he is doing an intensive pre season and apparently he's had hamstring issues before so they are being cautious , again , fair enough. 
With 2 loaned back I think it was promising , but . .. The 2 loans in IMO are pointless . We will not sign Twine , if they stay up we won't pay Burnley anywhere near £5m , and if they come down they will want him there. Embude ? an U21 player with no experience seems like a hail Mary because we were nowhere near getting a striker. TBF January is a difficult time to sign players and I was doubtful we would get a CF . Also I am not surprised he painted it as a successful window as he wants to look good to his Bosses , he's done enough back stabbing  work to get there .

I will say I would love Dire to be a gem , but if he is I'd love to know the fee we have agreed . He cost best part of £2m , not sure they can afford a hit like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Exactly as I see it.  We actually lost a body in Weimann in reality as TGH was already here. Twine was unfortunate but isn’t the quad the injury that made him unavailable for a chunk of last season.  We didn’t fill the bench yesterday & must be one of the few clubs if any that doesn’t have a Jan window signing as a starter.  We’ve run for 4 months with 2 fit CBs & I know some will say others can cover. Tinnion spouted bullshit by saying there are 2 players for every position which has not once been realised this season & on occasions, no where near it. Cardiff will field 3 likely Jan signings in the starting 11 & whilst not advocating that, as a club we needed to help ourselves. 

Edited by Shuffle
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Twine was never going to drag us into the playoffs I would have rather seen the money spent on bringing in more younger players like Stokes, Bird,  Murphy etc.  Mebude is worth the gamble, but BT & LM really should have managed fans expectations considering his lack of experience 

9 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

Twine was never going to drag us into the playoffs I would have rather seen the money spent on bringing in more younger players like Stokes, Bird,  Murphy etc.  Mebude is worth the gamble, but BT & LM really should have managed fans expectations considering his lack of experience 

I would rather we signed players for the here and now, regardless of their age (within reason). 

The more we learn of Mebude - it was always going to be a gamble. The lad has barely played senior football. The same will be said of Stokes and Murphy. I can’t imagine they’ll be regulars for us until the season after next at the earliest. We often appear to sign players for tomorrow - tomorrow rarely comes. At least for City.